Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kind of hard to get playing time when you're falling out of windows.

timh19 repped this.
  2. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan

Not too shabby this guy is.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gonzalo Maroni grabbed some headlines over the weekend by showing off quite a bit flash and a goal in Boca's 3-0 victory. He came from Instituto of Cordoba, where another player made his name. He just turned 18, so who knows if he is a flash in the pan or if he will pan out to be anything special.

[​IMG]

Another youngster who has had some news around him from Instituto is Mateo Klimowicz. If that surname is familiar to you, that is because he is the son of Diego Klimowicz, who made his name playing in Wolfsburg. He's only 16 but only time will tell what will become of him.

Some more news on him for those who are interested.

http://mundod.lavoz.com.ar/futbol/asi-juega-mateo-klimowicz-la-nueva-joyita-de-instituto

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know very little about this player but apparently, Mariano Konyk(He is 19 and was born in BsAs and left for Spain as a child) a CB and the captain Valencia's youth team joining Barcelona B team. Now, I am assuming he will be loaned out to some club because if you're at that age, you should probably be getting some more experience than playing in the youth team. He left on a free transfer since his contract was expiring and he didn't want to remain with the club.

[​IMG]

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As mentioned in the Sub 20 Mundial, Santiago Colombatto is a real talent. Lazio have been tracking him months prior to the U20's but I am assuming more teams will want to buy him. He's being compared to Redondo, with the ability to defend and outlet the attack. He's been our best player in this tournament. I believe whoever gets him, might be getting a steal. He's still very young but he plays with such maturity, you'd be shocked to know that he just turned 20.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro Martinez has growing interest from Porto. He has been in fine form and has scored some top-class goals this year for club and country.

I am not a fan of selling our players to Portuguese clubs since they buy them for cheap and within a few years sell them for 3-4 times what they paid for and plus, I don't see the Portuguese league as a step above our own. Unfortunately, the UEFA money from the CL and EL is high and they can afford to spend a little bit on players and for the most part, we need to continuously sell.

Gio Simeone has also interest from Fiorentina and Villareal after having a surprising debut season for Genoa. I want to see if he is going to continue to grow and surprise us or if he's going to have the so-called "sophomore jinx".

7. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    It's very arguably what serves their development best, that is why they sell them for multiples of what they bought. Argentinian teams, for the most part, are unable to sell to the same teams (The Real Madrids, etc.) because those teams are unwilling or do not have the space to gamble on a player like a 19 year old Di Maria. I followed him closely from the start and while I know he was definitely considered a Senior NT prospect among the Argentine fanbase, his peak as a player (Most expensive EPL transfer of all time, crucial player for Real Madrid in La Decima win, etc.) was not within the realm of expectations. Benfica did that by allowing him to play in the Champions League, fight for domestic titles, and have culture/weather that is a perfect complement to Argentinian culture. There are not many alternative options that offer so many benefits to a player's development.

Happened with Enzo Perez. Who thought that guy would ever be starting a WC Final? Garay became a centerpiece of the Argentine NT when he started playing for Benfica, after being unable to break in at Real Madrid, etc.

You also seem to undervalue the Portuguese league. The Top 3, especially Benfica/Porto, alone would be at least a level above most Argentina teams.

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're bringing up exactly my point. Most of our clubs for the most part are unable to hold onto their young players and they're willing to sell players cents on the dollar. Just today I read that Sporting CP rejected an offer from Roma for 20 ME for Alan Ruiz. They bought him for 7 million but now want 30 million for him.

Playing in Europe has its finnacial benefits, which simply cannot be matched by most of the clubs at home. I personally do not think it is a major step(If any) in skill and etc since many players from Portugal's top clubs are from abroad(A lot of South Americans).

As for developmental purposes, yeah, it gives players the time to play and flourish. I have stated numerous times, I want our players to go somewhere and be able to play. But I don't see Europe as an essential need for a player to be called up to our national team. There are plenty of fantastic players that play at home that I'd call-up to the national team over a bunch players that are playing in Europes top leagues. And if they go to Europe, I'd personally prefer them to go to Italy and Spain.

My entire point was clubs in Portugal see South American teams as ATM machines and take advantage of the situtation. They have the ability to buy players for cheap, let them progress in their abilities and talent and sell them for a ton of money, it basically is rinse and repeat.

Albiceleste2010 and locoxriver repped this.
  9. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's promising and similar to Pezzella at that age. The AFA had better do their job because you can guarantee the Ukrainian FA will be sniffing around given the paucity of their defensive options. Mind you we are hardly that much better which is something that desperately needs addressing. We need to be producing liberos, central defenders who can pass and anticipate and have that huevos to intimidate their opponents.

SupaMario repped this.
  10. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is a real shame SM that mismanagement both in the general economy and this horrible stake holding ownership of players as if they were cattle means that Argentine clubs (when they could really benefit and be wealthy) miss out on millions. Money that could be used to retain other kids, redevelop stadiums and improve youth facilities.

SupaMario repped this.
  11. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our u20 were let down by the defence and Petroli. On paper and in the games they were one of the best teams on the pitch.

Venezuela and England reach the final but in years to come what does that mean ? Nothing as far as I can see. It's been an odd tournament with the demise of Argentina and Germany and France. Our players in midfield and attack are still more technically able, creative and will prove this in years to come whereas a team like England that still relies on physique at this age and pace will struggle.

My concern as outlined above is the consistent failure to match the development of forwards, attacking midfielders with that of defenders and goalkeepers. Something that Samp needs to address with his team and the AFA. The odd outstanding talent like Mammanna needs to become the norm not the exception. Asasicbar suffered at this tournament much like Masche used to do with an incompetent defence behind him.

One player cannot plug all the holes.

SupaMario repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I sense Real will loan him out to a smaller club, like Alavés or Eibar where he'll get some experience at the top flight level.

Facundo Colidio, a 17 year old Boca forwad, who played for us at the qualifiers for the Sub 17's this year is rumored to have interest from Juventus.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not exactly a player of the future (more of a player of the past :laugh:), but Pablo Aimar has just taken over the U-17 NT...

"We will give a lot of priority to values/morals. Obviously we want the kids to love the jersey, love to play, love football. We want to form respectful people, because we're looking to return to the ideology of a national team player being a complete individual, and not just someone who plays well on the field"

:thumbsup:

Lets see how things go for Messi's idol. Hell of a player, let's see if he can transmit a bit of his skills and experiences to the next generation.

Albiceleste2010, Pipiolo and SupaMario repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I always loved Payasito Aimar, he surely cannot do any worse than Humberto. I am cautiously optimistic with the changes that are happening. I just hope the likes of Aimar and Sampa do not get fed up with the circus that is the AFA and just resign.

16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Samp is pretty tough minded and having paid for his own salary is in the moral upper ground and holds the AFA by the balls.

Independiente seem to be producing some young talent along with Tagliafico at the back. I like the look of Bustos. I was enjoying the progress of Quarta until this drugs issue. Seems like a storm in a teacup. All three along with Barboza deserve a crack at the seleccion. I particularly like Barboza with his grit.

SupaMario repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I caught about 20-25 minutes of the second half of the pre-season friendly between Real Madrid and Manchester United and I got to see Franchu play a bit. He seems pretty talented, he's a fast winger who has quite a bit of skill on the ball. I know it's only a pre-season friendly but I like what I saw and it will be interesting to see how he develops. I sense Real will loan him out so he can get meaningful games under his belt.

locoxriver repped this.
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Konyk apparently terminated his contract with FCB and decided to join Sevilla youth side, Sevilla Atlético.

Another youngster we may have to keep our eye on is Federico Oliva. American born Argentino. He was named as one of the best youngsters in these youth tournaments they have. He is in Atletico Madrid's youth system. Granted he is only 13 but the kid looks pretty good. But again, he is only 13, so who knows what the future holds for him. I guess we will see in a few years time.

And here is an article on him

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/clu...spects:-young-american-with-atlético_aid32993

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Santiago Colombatto, who I rate highley scored today for the Serie B side Perugia(Interestingly enough, Perugia has two North Koreans on their team, go figure). I am surprised no Serie A team went after him, he is very talented. But at least Cagliari the team that he is owned by sent him to a side where he could get some games in.

tatoRMN repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    afar repped this.
  21. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nicholas Stefanelli. Is this kid rated as an upcoming star? I never heard of him but came across him just looking at AIK Stockholm’s instagram.

22. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Leonel Coira. Born March 2004. Moved to Spain with his family for work reasons aged seven. Was signed up by Real Madrid after impressing in Madrid youth football and European tournaments.

He then decided to move to Valencia to get more football (Barcelona had a sanction at the time blocking youth signings) given that several Argentines were there. He has flourished as an attacking midfielder/striker. So much so that despite interest from several of the so called elite in Europe and Real Madrid once again he has signed a new contract until 2020. He is already playing in age teams with players three years older and impressing despite this.

The Spanish FA are trying to recruit him for the u15 but his idol is Messi and he does want to represent Argentina so fingers crossed if he does continue to develop as he does he turns out for the seleccion.

locoxriver and SupaMario repped this.
  23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's a bit old to be called an upcoming star or starlet. And the Allsvenskan is not that demanding a league. So hold onto your horses. ;)

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is always interesting seeing these kids grow and see what they become. I believe this kid was mentioned around here 5 years ago or so and it is good to see him doing well. Let's wait and see what another 5 years will do for him.

25. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The best XI using players born after Jan 1st 1994 probably looks like this:

By the way, who's better between Rossi and Batalla?

Rossi/Batalla
    Bustos - Mammana - Foyth - ?????
    Ascacibar - Paredes - Lo Celso
    A Correa - Driussi - J Correa​