Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Edhardy

Edhardy Member+

Sep 4, 2013
    Nairobi, Kenya
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Was hoping he'd see more minutes by now but I like what Simeone and Allegri are doing re: Correa, Vietto & Dybala. All being slowly blooded in, the pressure that comes with their 'wonderkid' status is being handled really nicely.
    Simeone tried a 4-3-3 against Benfica but sadly it backfired. I think it will be the most practical way to fit in Correa & Vietto i.e Griezmann and Correa either side of Vietto.

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder what Allegri's excuse is going to be today for not starting or playing Dybala.

Edit: Comes on the 80th min.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lo Celso and Alario, couple players who will be destined for European football soon. Lo Celso is already linked to some Italian sides.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When will we see any Boca products do anything for the national team? We already have Kranevitter, Funes Mori... Not to mention Higuain, Demichelis, Mascherano.... Boca players? Tevez? Hahaha 13 goals in 76 games :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hitting that bottle early ay Gaucho? :D

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No man... I just find it hilarious how boca fans idolize a criminal like tevez who in the last six months has severely injured 2 players- on purpose. But because he's a villero, and a boca player, he gets a free pass from the referee and the media- who never tire to make excuses for him.

Not only that, but his form with the national team is laughable. You come around criticizing higuain- the man who scored the most important goal for argentina in 26 years- yet where is your criticism for tevez? 13 goals for 76 games... If he were an upper middle class kid like Higuian would you be so lenient? Its sad really...

Not to mention- what has Tevez done for Boca lately? already rumors are swirling he may be out the door soon...

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #832 SupaMario, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    I don't care for Tevez, I would rather not see him, I felt the same way when he missed the penalty and many other goals for us in the past. We gave him another look since Tata took over and it has been another disastrous stint.

RG, you need to let go of this, "Higuain scored the most important goal in 26 years" mantra. He also missed the most important chance to win us a crown in the last 26 years. He also missed a grand chance vs Chile in the dying seconds and then he follows it up to miss a PK, which it wasn't even close. How many more failures does he need for you to say finally let go of the Higuain project.?The Madrid fans are well aware of his misses too, same will go for Napoli. If he played for River long enough, you may have seen it too, but all you see is the goal he scored nearly 10 years ago against the bosteros.

What does Higuain's socioeconomic upbringing have anything to do with my criticism of him? I don't view players as how they grew up, I know some other fans do, but I could care less.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So... In you're opinion, Higuain's goal was not the most important in 26 years? Which was more important? Tevez against Germany in 2006? Oh wait... He didn't even manage a shot on target in 120 minutes... What about Tevez vs. Germany in 2010? Oh wait... 0 shots on target in 90 minutes. Argentina finally got over the hump thanks to Higuain's goal, whether you like it or not. As soon as Tevez was kicked off the team, Argentina made the world cup final after 24 years.

As for his misses, well what about Aguero's misses against Colombia in the quarters? What about Biglia and Rojo's missed penalties? Had it not been for Colombia's incompetence, Argentina would have gone out there... Not to mention Banega also missed a penalty vs. Chile- and Aguero failed yet again to produce anything for Argentina.

In the same world cup final you claim Higuain blew the most important chance- but how was his anymore important than the chance messi sliced wide, or the palacio disaster?

As for Higuain's socioeconomic background, well in the media tevez is considered humble for being from a villa... In reality, he's as arrogant as they come. He's a terrible person. He broke a guys jaw with a flying knee, yet the bosteros on this forum and elsewhere will tell you it was by accident.

The point I'm making is, had tevez been born to a good family- like higuain- no one would talk about him half as much. There would be no bullshit about his "humility" or his "humbleness" You live in the states, you don't watch Argentine tv, where the media bends over backwards to talk about tevez and how humble he is...

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Your premise of rewarding players for a single play or goal does not add up, that's not how futbol works. That's like saying, lets continue to call up Romero as our #1 because he saved the most important PK's in the last 26 years. Would you be singing the same tune if Palacio scored that goal v Belgium? Higuain has a history of crucial misses for us, a long and crucial history.

Higuain has been recently dropped and the only reason he got called back is because the team was depleted of forwards. I'd rather see a new generation of players coming in that will carry the banner through the next couple of mundials.

I don't care about Tevez, I don't get why you're continuously bringing him up to me. I don't care how the media continues to view him in a positive light or how the Boca fans view, that's not me.

If Kun is left out of a squad, I'd have no problems with it but the reality of the matter is that he simply won't be dropped. But if Higuain gets dropped, will you be singing la seleccion se va a la puta que lo pario? You'd probably not watch the team out of protest or say I don't care about the seleccion because I am a porteno. Come on Gaucho,I know the melody you're playing.

Messi and Palacio both missed their chances in the final too but and again the reality is Higuain continues to miss crucial chances. If Messi had missed that sitter v Chile and a PK I would be just as hard on him as I am with Higuain. I am realist though, Messi is never going to get dropped, which Higuain doesn't have that benefit.

But yet, you still don't acknowledge Higuain's misses, he gets this lifetime pass from you since "he scored the most important goal for us in the last 26 years" or you turn it around and say look at Kun,Messi, Palacio, and XYZ missed their chances! Take some responsibility for your idols, it is okay to criticize them.

10. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Perotti ;)

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The boca flop? no thanks, he can play for italy

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you really think Higuain was dropped for his misses, or do you think Tata needed a scape goat for his pathetic coaching and failures? I have no doubt in my mind that Tata needed to blame someone so he picked Higuain... Then he needed him so he called him back.

Right now, Higuain is the best player in Serie A- more so than your boy Dybala and the overrated Pogba... He's got more than twice as many goals as your other boy Icardi. He'll be back in the team when Tata makes his next list.

13. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    haha... He's rediscovered himself in Italy. I'd be happy if Italy offered him a shot but our coach is a stubborn moron:laugh:.

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've no doubt he's a decent player, the thing is he plays a position that argentina has so many alternatives at... Plus, the media will always lobby for the awful Tevez who takes a spot from a more deserving player each call up list.

If I had a choice of either Perotti or "the butcher" Tevez, I'd take Perotti in a heartbeat.... but our coach is a stubborn moron as well

Sal repped this.
  15. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's been outstanding since joining Roma. We've been using him as a false 9/ trequartista and he's been immense. So far he has 2 goals and 4 assists but thats only the half of the story. He's everywhere on the pitch. Retrieving balls deep to start an attack, tracking back and making important tackles, and just knowing what to do with the ball at all times.
    Here are some of his best moments so far. After watching Perotti for 7 games so far I can't believe I had to watch Juan Manuel Iturbe fall flat on his face time and time again for the past 2 years:ROFLMAO:.

SupaMario repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, you still don't have it in you to even acknowledge Higuain's misses, that's some comedic gold.

Best of luck today.

17. DrFootball1

DrFootball1 Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Brussels
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vietto is perhaps on his way to Italy. He might be loaned out to Lazio. He basically wasted a season, which at this stage of his career is crucial. Confidence is an important and I'm assuming his confidence is all but shattered. He's still got plenty of time, young enough to find his feet again. He just needs to regroup.

But I'm not sure if he'll even start for Lazio. He needs to go to a club where he'll start every game.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rodrigo De Paul, who is playing for Udinese in the Serie A(Loaned from Valencia) has been doing very well in the league. This is good to see, he has always had promising talent and the good thing is he has found a home where he can play week in and week out.

20. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is there any chance, Bentacur to play for Argentina? I heard some rumors about this.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    None. He was called to the Uruguayan Sub 20 team for next month's Sub 20 SA Championship's.

I don't know his backstory, if he was born in Uruguayn and moved to Argentina as a kid, but seems like he's close enough to the country of his birth to accept a call. Plus, we don't poach players from other countries, unlike many other nations.

tatoRMN repped this.
  22. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know and this is one of many things I respect in Argentinian football. Just I thought, may be there is something same with Iturbe case ;)

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Iturbe was born in Argentina to Paraguyan parents and they moved back when he was still an infant. He was eligible to play for us by birth. Similar to Gio Simeone, he was born in Madrid when Cholo was playing for Atletico Madrid. He has played for us at youth level.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Sub 20 SA will be next month. It will be interesting to see how they do. There is some talent on the team that are in training, Barco, Conechny,Ascacibar. Luciano Vietto's, brother, Federico, was also called up, and even Mierez got a call. A player who didn't get called up but apparently has trained with the youth team in the past is a player by the name of Francisco Feuillasier, aka Franchu. He is on the Real Madrid youth team,which is managed by Santi Solari. I know next to nothing about the kid, but apparently he left home at the age of 11 and went to Spain, he is 18 and plays as a attacking midfielder. I believe he was a Rayo Vallecno product that was purchased by Real Madrid.

25. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I really liked what I saw from Conechny at the U17 World Cup. He was Argentina's standout player. Why hasn't he made the breakthrough at San Lorenzo yet ?