Players Abroad 2015-16 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who do you believe will have the best season out of any Brazilian overseas (excluding Neymar)?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2015.
  1. Coutinho

25.0%
  2. Lucas

12.5%
  3. Thiago Silva

12.5%
  4. Danilo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Firmino

25.0%
  6. Marcelo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Oscar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Willian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other (specify)

25.0%
  1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And can't forgot about jaja who was looking like kaka in the Europa lg and Ukrainian lg and then sat on coritibas bench where players who were bought straight from state championship squads were starting over him. I can't believe pico is that dominant there, he wasn't even that good In the serie b.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    True. Pico has like 4-5 assists to his name and is their starting LB. Pico had chances to solidify himself at Fla but failed. I guess the diet over there keeps Pico in shape.

3. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Nope, I would eager to pick up arguments discussion in the past (when mengao used to ignore me and my arguments a great deal, by the way), but now I lost a motivation to change that failure of belief system you have, be that way. My club and, in particular, great manager that we have at the moment only did good things for brazilian football and we used our players on a great level and they weren't any more educated anywhere else. I'm not going to repeat that.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #104 Mengão86, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    When have I ignored anything? No, you won't change my mind about the league and I have many reasons why I won't.

upload_2016-5-11_11-37-46.png

And this is just with Shakhtar, who has more competition within its squad and is clearly better than most of the league. If I started looking at the Brazilians who have gone to Metalist, Dynamo, etc., I'd find many more who have benefited from the quality of the league and who flopped in Brazil prior to their move to Ukraine or afterwards.

And as far as not liking to see talented players move to Shakhtar, I think the table above outlines why. I've only seen one Brazilian who has indisputably developed, even though he spent many years in Ukraine. Look at the Portuguese league, who I criticize quite frequently. If you look at Benfica or Porto's track record of developing players, it's better. It's also easier to adapt to Portugal than Ukraine. I'm not sure why you take offense to Brazilian preferring other destinations when no offense is intended.

MerlinRM, Emperor Adriano and omajac repped this.
  5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    a spreadsheet lol. Is this you subconsciously trying to distract yourself from flamengos eminent disaster? I agree with everything except the Wellington Nem take, he had a poor Carioca right before he left and was pretty below average for me overall.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll admit that there has been some downtime in the football world for me as of late lol.

I don't disagree on Nem. But his first year at Flu was solid, even though it wasn't as good as his year with Fig.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @MatthausSammer -- how much of Raffael (Gladbach) and Caiuby (Augsburg) have you seen of this season? Raffael seems to be consistently voted as one of the better players of the league. It sounds like Caiuby had a good first season as a starter after bouncing around clubs. I didn't see any Augsburg games this season. It just amazes me how unknown Brazilians are neglected by the NT who play in the Bundesliga. Naldo has been a very good CB for a long time and barely has received any opportunities.

8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I haven't seen a lot of Raffael this season, but I've seen him in seasons past. He's a good solid AM/SS type; very good at playing combinations and not a bad knack for goal either. Definitely a more intriguing player than someone like Kaka. I haven't seen any Augsburg games so I can't speak with any authority on Caiuby. And most Bundesliga Brazillians play at midtable clubs, so I understand why they're overlooked in favor of more heralded players.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Raffael scored double digit goals and had double digit assists. Gladbach has been a top 4 team for a few seasons now and Raffael seems to get better with age. I'm not sure why he's ignored. And he played as a striker with Stindl this season.

Do you know any posters that may have seen Caiuby? @P to the Wee

Dage and MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I couldn't tell you. There's a lot of things I find strange about the way your managers select players.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of Augsburg fans on this forum. :D

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    About overlooking player, I'm not even talking about mid table sides. Did you like Dede at Dortmund? He was overlooked. Naldo has been overlooked. Raffael is being overlooked. Dante, when he was actually in top form at Gladbach, was overlooked.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I figured. I'm not suggesting Caiuby should be called. I'm just curious because he was an intriguing prospect at the youth level and now all of sudden, it seems he had a breakthrough of sorts.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You guys don't rate the BL apparently. :)

14. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Whoever is in charge of scouting Brazilian players are crap.

15. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd be shocked if Dunga actually watches midtable teams to scout for players in Europe.

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The teams discussed are no mid table teams.

17. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladbach isn't; Augsburg and Wolfsburg are, though.

18. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Wolfsburg is a mid table club because of one bad season then what was Dortmund last year? Augsburg is one, though but Caiuby is easily one of their best players - got him in my fantasy game. Kicker has him with 26 games, 4 goals and an average rating of 3,29, which is pretty good to their standard. That is comparable to Marco Reus with 3,25 for example..

Mengão86 repped this.
  19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wolfsburg is indeed a midtable outfit over the past five years or so. They had one great season propelled by KDB, but outside that, their league position has been midtable.

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When did @MatthausSammer become moderator? I must have missed the ceremony lol

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Five or so days ago. Trump supporters better watch themselves around the Dortmund forums. :p JK

22. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva with a goal

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    MerlinRM repped this.
  24. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm disappointed in Talisca. Mendes is his agent though so I'm not too surprised.