player that i hate the most

Discussion in 'Korea' started by junjunforever, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Another sensitive Korean who can't read or comprehend any of my words.

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Agreed. Consistency is a prime example of Ahn's performance whereas Seol and Ji-sung still have to prove themselves in consistency.

On a seperate note, Ahn may be Korea's greatest footballer we have now, but after watching four Korea games at the stadiums, I dare say that without Seol, our offense could have been dysfunctional (although he blew many chances like two or three against the U.S). And Park Ji-sung, disregarding his age, his potential and even his level of skill currently is very promising. But sadly, none of these players are what i call "strikers". Maybe someday Korea will get another Cha Bum-keun or Hwang Sun-hong. Meanwhile, Takahara looks pretty good for Japan, too.

3. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    be quiet. you are the one who started the personal attack on me by quoting

"Don't whine about what u got. If having style and character as a human being before as a professional soccer player is a bad thing, then hey, i aint got nothing more to say."

4. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    the reason i dont like ahn jeong-whan is because he is stupid. He stirred lots of anti-koreanism in shimizu when he said "J-league is only a stepping stone for me to go to europe." or "I will be leaving in several months" or before he came, he said he doesnt want to a league that's so low level.

5. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    1. Someone needs to seriously tell them that mullets are now considered to be symbols of categories of people whose evolution is narrowly one step behind, mostly found among trailer park white trash rocking to Slayer while snorting speed. Oh, and remind them it went out of style way back as did the butt-rock scene of the '80s. They at least need to make informed choices so that we can prevent episodes like when lil' Chunsoo Lee tried to copy Byungji's bleached mullet-look which he did right after the World Cup (and ended up with his own hideous invention. Luckily he never had to go to Southampton with that...) Now, if they intentionally do it after having been informed, in order to make a statement, or try to reinvent the new "hip" by reclaiming the mullet, then that would be different. But the sad fact is, many Koreans still rock out to '80s metal ballads because they are stuck in a time warp.

2. The Korean orange hair. This is a well-established but still awkward look for any Korean males that want to look "bad ass". Often called the "Nallarie"-look, it consists of bleaching one's hair but only half-assed, just enough for the black hair to turn brownish-orange, instead going all the way blonde. I suppose it's become a uniquely Korean style at this point, but it still reeks of "chon-nom"-ness. Victims of the Korean team: Namil Kim, Jongguk Song, Chunsoo Lee, JoGuk Jung and many others.

I am in no way, by any means suggesting they (or anyone) should follow the latest styles and keep up with the "IN" fashion or some crap like that. I'm just observing how many Korean soccer players - because most of them grew up poor - never had enough to really have a sense of style. But I think it has more to do with the conformist aspect of Korean society where if something is deemed "cool" then it becomes a cookie-cutter fad in a massive scale, no matter how insanely ridiculous it is. And because of the conservative aspect of Korean society, people are less likely to change their ways once they follow that cookie-cutter fad, no matter how insanely ridiculous it is.

6. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    You want bad hairstyles? Look at the youth national team. They look like bleached versions of the North Korean women's soccer team. Yeom Dong-kyoon, Choi Sung-guk, Jung Jo-guk. . . Someone oughta hold them down and give them a nice Lee Sang-hun.

7. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Re: come on dude.

the only reason the other coach mentioned lee was that lee is the easiest last name to prnounce in any language and since lee had yellow hair.. he looks different from all the same looking koreans

and did u notice that he's the only one that has an anti site in daum and other internet cafe's?
    (anti is like hate clubs for those that didnt know)

8. AzulCeleste

AzulCeleste New Member

May 21, 2002
    South Korea
    Re: Re: come on dude.

IIRC, there is also an anti-Kim Nam Il site at daum. They say he's a ruthless cheater(foul, foul, foul).

Also, in an interview he said he probably would have been a gangster if he had not played soccer.

9. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    well Kim would beat the ************ out of most ppl anywhere where as whiener lee would get his shoulder dislocated by a nudge

i read this in an interview with Hong Myoung Bo (cant remember where...) that lee went out during the WC to eat dinner with some KPop singers and Hong gave him hell for it

dude.. that is just no class at all
    even Go Jong soo would be rational enough to stay away from all that

as for his shot in the game against Germany... remember Lee Min Sung's great shot against Japan in 97 or something??

Look where he is now.. a forgotten nobody.. well not really.. his name sure comes up alot for the reason korea gave up goals in the Germany and Turkey match

maybe he should get some plastic surgery so he could atleast do some modest CFs.. not some gay music video cuz his management company happens to also manage the singing group

10. AzulCeleste

AzulCeleste New Member

May 21, 2002
    South Korea
    Yeah, LCS gets the big prize for most hated player anywhere, anytime.

BTW, I really like Park Ji Sung. =)

11. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    am I..

am I the only Lee Chun-soo backer? (well me and eesvee)
    junjun, you don't watch K-League, how can you judge how good Lee is? From what I have seen he was pretty darn good, and I see no personal problem from him. I mean just look at all the American "athletes"(Keyshawn Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Warren Sapp to name a few) Look at Lee again. Isn't is so much fresher?

12. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    I back Lee Chun-Soo. All the way. Don't ask me why, and don't ridicule me for it. I've only been reading this thread, but since oakydoaks asked, I thought I'll just say that I, for one, support Lee Chun-Soo.

Yeah, he's not a particularly nice person, to say the least. Neither am I. Good. We have something in common.

Everybody's entitled to their own opinions, so I'm not going to launch into his pros and cons, because you all know that better than I do. Let me just say that for better or worse, I like him. I like him very much.

13. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Re: am I..

its true that i dont watch k-league (more like i cant actually) but I've seen at least 20 games played by Lee cheon-soo (back from when he was in the under 22 team). and i've never seen a good goal from him. Only goal that i remember is when he scored against scotland.. and in my perspective that was pathetic too. the ball barely rolled in (although the dribbling done before was decent). I dont know why i dont like him so much. Probably cause he has never proven anything but talks all he wants (a hypocrite). There was a reason why Hiddink didn't take him to Holland.

Everyone does have their own opinions... but that doesnt mean you can go out to dinner with k-pop guys during the WC. You can, but it shows how disrespectful you are. I bet you 1000 bucks he drank there too.

14. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    funny how all the great K-league stars suck at international games

Kim Sang Lae
    Kim Dae Hee
    No Sang Lae
    Kim Hyun Suk
    Kim Do Hoon
    Woo Sung Yong
    etc etc

they are what they call domestic players