Plastic fans are ruining the game.

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by TheOrator, Aug 28, 2006.

1. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    Why don't you ********ers support someone other than the big four or the 2 or 3 contender clubs. The big clubs don't even need to fill the attendance in their stadiums anymore because they'll get plenty of revenue from their pastic hoards across the globe who'll tune in and watch.

I wish the big clubs would go the way of Leeds so all the plastic ********ers will have to choose a club that's not going to cost more than the ********ing GDP of third world countries.

2. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
  3. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Coz their my local club you numptie.

4. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I agree. All Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool fans should renounce thier clubs and support Watford.

Trouble is then they will be super rich, become a big club, and we'll all have to start supporting Reading instead. And then the same will happen. It will be a never ending cycle on un-glory hunting.

Oh well nice idea. Guess I'll stick with Arsenal.

5. West 'am 'till I die

West 'am 'till I die BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 28, 2006
    London
    DAMN RITE!!!! How many middle-class/rich Chelsea fans do u see now? (PLENTY) but before Roman's coins Chelsea was a working man/thug club and the middle class wouldn't be seen dead in that S**TTY shirt of theirs

6. Middle Of The Shed

Middle Of The Shed New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    Ah bitter Wet Spam fans.......can't beat them.

7. West 'am 'till I die

West 'am 'till I die BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 28, 2006
    London

CAN'T BEAT THEM......... exactly!!

8. Middle Of The Shed

Middle Of The Shed New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    Well done, you have just taken something out of context, you wouldn't happen to work for the media would you?

9. kubrick74

kubrick74 Member

Apr 19, 2004
    You cant walk down the street here in NYC without seeing some American kid whose never been to a real match across the pond, or has any real connection to the club, wearing a Man U, Chelsea, Madrid or Barca kit.

I wont even get into how many American's of various backgrounds (I'm talking American born citizens, not ex-pats from anywhere else) are cheering for Poland, England, etc., when they are playing the USA here in the states.

I dont want to turn this in to being about US issues in an English forum, but I think TheOrator's gripe here is a microcosm of what is going on in The States, or probably even around the world. Modern football.

10. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    That's not what I'm talking about. More and more people are starting to watch football around the world now, especially here in America. The first thing they ********ing do is start supporting one of the "big 4" clubs. When I ask why they chose that club and why don't they spend a little more time as a neutral and look for another club, they give the typical plastic response of "they're not good enough" or "I want to see beautiful football" or some other foul bullshit like that. This plays right into the hands of the G14 clubs and other "independant" super clubs out there who are going to try one day to make a move and create a super league.

There's nothing more beautiful to come and see Celtic try to prance over to the states and get pwned 4-0 by tiny little DCU all in front of those plastic fans, many of whom are from Glasgow as Vanilla Ice is black. It doesn't matter that they're in the preseason, they're supposed to be able to destroy us on a bad day with the "overwealming talent" that they possess compare to us "amatures." And I hope the plastics who ignore their local teams are ********ing pissed off.

Now everybody has a right to support and spend their money on whom they want. And I have the right to call them out for the plastic, bandwagon-jumpint, pieces of shit that they are! Seriously, what do you get out of supporting a non-local(if you are a non-local) club just because they're this big and successful club?

11. mis-e-one

mis-e-one New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Heh, it's a fact of life, really! Any team that becomes successful will get bandwagon-jumpers.

Like when Blackburn won the league in the 90's, you had all these doofuses wearing Blackburn shirts. Are Blackburn are big club? ******** are they!

Yes Man U and Arsenal have had glory seekers too because of Fergie and Wenger, but they're both traditionally bigger clubs.

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh god why don't you just cry about it already. :p

13. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    especially those fans who support teams that they don't have any relationship to. they support any team that looks likely to win and keep on changing teams

14. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Why do you give a shit?

People will eventually get bored if they're not truly interested. There are plenty of fans who truly do understand the game, the club, the players, etc.

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You have a problem, that is true. But we're not the people to help you.

16. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't care about none-English fans of football being a fan of a top 4 club. That's upto them. Good for them that they are a fan of the Premiership in the first place.

But what really winds me up are southern liverpool "supporters", Not all of them, I mean the ones that have no connection to Liverpool, crack jokes about scousers stealing things and basically not giving two shits about the place or even disliking the place......but their favorite football team?........Liverpool. I'm thinking, don't they understand that Liverpool fc is in LIVERPOOL, that if they ever bother going to their games they will have to travel to LIVERPOOL, and that the football club that is Liverpoolfc is very important to the city of liverpools economy and creates millions?

I worked with a liverpool fan who was obssessed with liverpool, completely obssessed. Never been to anfield, never been to liverpool. But he was also convinced that most people from liverpool are criminals. He even asked me what the place like and I basically played into the "stories" that he's been told. He was planning on going to Anfield and even bought tickets but I said "Don't go there you'll be shot", and he never went. Thick bastard.

Liverpool fans are everywhere, especially in the southwest, more so than Man utd.

17. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    He's got a point though. Considering their new legions of diehard fans you now see everywhere, Chelsea couldn't even sell out a midweek Champions League match.

18. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Exactly. The glory hunters are always the one's that scream the loudest, when they're not inventing some convoluted back story justifying their laughable, pisspoor 'support'.

When Liverpool played Chelsea in the Champions League last year, there were three times as many plastic scousers as there were Chelsea fans in the pub (in London). And funnily enough, even though they didn't know one song from the Kop, they loudly abused the (unusually quiet) Chelsea mob in cockney accents.

You have to pity them really.

19. CobrasCiudadJuarez

Jul 16, 2003
    El Paso

Well, I live in El Paso, Texas. My local club is in session from May to August....if they make the playoffs, if not until July. Who should I support from August to April?

20. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Says the Everton fan that lives in the south.

21. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I live just outside of North London and between the second week of may and the second week of August I still support Arsenal, why should it matter?

22. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "southern liverpool supporters" as in southerners.

i'm not a southerner, i'm from liverpool.

23. Marko

Marko New Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cardiff
    I've never understood why it's such a problem for people to support a team outside their locality. I wouldn't mind, but people seem to take offence at the very idea. Who the fcuk is anyone else to tell somebody who they can and cannot support, and more to the point, whether they are a "genuine" fan or not? How could someone possibly know how "genuine" you are without personally knowing you? Assumptions like that are asinine.

I'm a "southerner", and growing up in Wales, my neighbourhood was full of Liverpool and United fans, many of whom still support those teams to this very day. I can understand people not taking seriously those who switch allegiances, but let's be honest, those kind of people are hardly a problem as you're rarely going to see them at matches. The only people I've ever met who do that are people who are indifferent towards the sport.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind, but I've always felt I have to justify my support on football forums, which is absolutely ludicrous.

24. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Unfortunately you're paying the price for supporting Man Utd, the glory hunting fan's team of choice. I don't have anything against people from Ireland or Wales supporting Liverpool or Man Utd though, as I know there's a lot of traditional support there not necessarily tied into the clubs recent successes.

I've had arguments with supposed Arsenal fans on these boards who didn't even realise that Tottenham were their main rivals. Now that's irritating, in the same sense that it's just plain wrong to have to take stick from a bunch of Cockney mancs in my own neck of the woods. The type of 'fan' that hasn't had to endure years of mediocrity and disappointment and probably wouldn't give a crap if Utd suddenly did go through a trough.

I think the general rule should be if you haven't been to see your team play then your not a fan, and definitely not a supporter (as you have to actually 'support' your club :rolleyes: ). I don't understand why some people can't just say they follow a certain club, instead of painting themselves as gibbering fanatics who would die for 'their' team.

25. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It isn't. What's annoying is when they act like they were born within the Bovril whiff of the stadium and try to ape the local fans in terms of how they think and act about their club, city and - particularly a trend for United "fans" - their rivals.

You see it everywhere - there's a lot of it even on here: people who've never been near England, let alone Manchester, blarting on about "Citeh" or "Scousers" like they were born in the Hume tenements and have bled red and white since the days of "thrupenny kids" on the Stretford End. It's beyond pathetic. If you're from somewhere other than the city of the club you have chosen to support, then act accordingly. You're only a "lesser fan" if you make yourself one by putting on some naff act and pretending to be something you're not - it's actually you that's therefore putting down "out of towners", not the local fans themselves; they're just reacting to the pathetic sight you present.