Placar Rankings Brazilian League

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by schwuppe, Dec 7, 2012.

1. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    That SCORE magazine was founded in 1970 as it issued the bola prata in the first edition same year.

Pele was elected to be GoldenBall "hors de concours" in that same year 70 - that is understood
    But not sure why Neymar? He should be within the contenders and of course is NO Pele's status

This is a screwed up thing that Journalists of SCORE or ESPN made of.

2. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Like I've said already Placar sadly didn't realase the final numbers for the all Top players just for their Final XI. So lazy.

3. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    The award of 2012 confirmed that the Placar today is no longer serious as before. Zico and Romário made history in the Campeonato Brasileiro and never won a prize hors concours. Here comes Neymar aged 20 and win? And the average he had? He NEVER made ​​a league better than Fred, Ronaldinho or Cavalieri, much less than Geovanni in 95, Edmundo in 97, Edilson 98, Alex in 2003, Conca in 2010...

I do not buy a monthly edition of the magazine four years ago when they published an article biased and unfair against Vasco - and obviously they did not publish my response.

However, I still usually read old editions on Google Books when the magazine was made ​​by journalists and appreciating the high quality level of the materials.

I make it clear: I'm not question the excellent thread. I'm didn't know many of these old notes. :)

-

Another award for the Brazilian League's is Craque do Brasileirão, created in 2005 by CBF. By comparison, it's like the FIFA Ballon D'Or in terms of credibility: little. It's more like a party than a serious awards. There are no notes for the players - just at the end of the championship CBF rewards those who she thinks were the best. There is a prize for the Best Player award and also the Rei do Gol for top goalscorer the league (besides other awards as best referee, best coach, etc.).

Fábio Costa (Corinthians); Gabriel (Fluminense), Lugano (São Paulo), Gamarra (Palmeiras) e Gustavo Nery (Corinthians); Marcelo Mattos (Corinthians), Tinga (Internacional), Roger (Corinthians) e Petković (Fluminense); Tévez (Corinthians) e Rafael Sobis (Internacional).
    Best player: Carlitos Tévez (Corinthians)
    Rei do Gol: Romário (Vasco), 22 goals

Rogério Ceni (São Paulo); Souza (São Paulo), Fabão (São Paulo), Fabiano Eller (Internacional), Marcelo (Fluminense); Mineiro (São Paulo), Lucas (Grêmio), Zé Roberto (Botafogo), Renato (Flamengo); Souza (Goiás) e Fernandão (Internacional).
    Best player: Rogério Ceni (São Paulo)
    Rei do Gol: Souza (Goiás), 17 goals

Rogério Ceni (São Paulo); Leonardo Moura (Flamengo), Breno (São Paulo), Miranda (São Paulo) e Kléber (Santos); Hernanes (São Paulo), Richarlyson (São Paulo), Ibson (Flamengo), Valdívia (Palmeiras); Acosta (Náutico) e Josiel (Paraná).
    Best player: Rogério Ceni (São Paulo)
    Rei do Gol: Josiel (Paraná), 20 goals

Victor (Grêmio); Leonardo Moura (Flamengo), Thiago Silva (Fluminense), Miranda (São Paulo), Juan (Flamengo); Hernanes (São Paulo), Ramires (Cruzeiro), Diego Souza (Palmeiras), Alex (Internacional); Kléber Pereira (Santos) e Alex Mineiro (Palmeiras).
    Best player: Hernanes (São Paulo)
    Rei do Gol: Keirrison (Coritiba), Kléber Pereira (Santos) e Washington (Fluminense), 21 goals.

Victor (Grêmio); Jonathan (Cruzeiro), André Dias (São Paulo), Miranda (São Paulo), Júlio César (Goiás); Hernanes (São Paulo), Guiñazú (Internacional), Petković (Flamengo), Diego Souza (Palmeiras); Diego Tardelli (Atlético Mineiro) e Adriano (Flamengo).
    Best player: Diego Souza (Palmeiras)
    Rei do Gol: Adriano (Flamengo) e Diego Tardelli (Atlético Mineiro), 19 goals

Fábio (Cruzeiro); Mariano (Fluminense), Dedé (Vasco) , Miranda (São Paulo), Roberto Carlos (Corinthians); Jucilei (Corinthians), Elias (Corinthians), Montillo (Cruzeiro), Conca (Fluminense); Jonas (Grêmio) e Neymar (Santos).
    Best player: Conca (Fluminense)
    Rei do Gol: Jonas (Grêmio), 23 goals

Jefferson (Botafogo); Fagner (Vasco), Dedé (Vasco), Réver (Atlético Mineiro), Bruno Cortês (Botafogo); Paulinho (Corinthians), Ralf (Corinthians), Diego Souza (Vasco), Ronaldinho (Flamengo); Neymar (Santos), Fred (Fluminense)
    Best player: Neymar (Santos)
    Rei do Gol: Borges (Santos), 23 goals

Diego Cavalieri (Fluminense) ; Marcos Rocha (Atlético Mineiro) ; Leonardo Silva (Atlético Mineiro) ; Réver (Atlético Mineiro) ; Carlinhos (Fluminense) ; Paulinho (Corinthians) ; Jean (Fluminense) ; Ronaldinho Gaúcho (Atlético Mineiro) ; Lucas (São Paulo) ; Neymar (Santos) ; Fred (Fluminense)
    Best player: Fred (Fluminense)
    Rei do Gol: Fred (Fluminense), 20 goals.

4. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
  5. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    It's amazing! I lose a lot of time reading old magazines... unfortunately not all there, but always update... I met this link a year ago and today there are more editions than previously. In a while, I believe it will ALL editions on Google Books.

However, I only have knowledge of something like Revista Placar :( I also wanted to know other football magazines in internet... will try.

If you want to see recent issues of Placar, as of 2012, you just go on the official website. The problem is that I am not able to access at the moment.

-

Since you are interested, saw the controversy as an issue of Placar gave this year?

[​IMG]

The Placar decided to do a article defending Neymar of accusations that he is a cai-cai, ie, that lives by throwing themselves on the ground to dig nonexistent fouls. To attract attention, the cover of the magazine there was this nonsense... I need not explain why.

The controversy was great.

It's the kind of thing a magazine decadent.

6. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    In the 1st edition, Placar made its ranking with the Robertao (1970, September to December)
    http://www.rsssfbrasil.com/tablesrz/rgp1970.htm

The rating system was from 3 to 10. Some notable quotes by Placar from last issues:
    * Carlos Alberto wasn't so brilliant at Robertao.
    * Gerson and Rivelino played very few and their teams played so badly.
    * Jair played some matches as Meia.

7. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Some ratings from notable players for the latest issues (Robertao = 16 rounds + final 4-round).

15th Round: (Ed. dec,4)
    Goleiro: Cejas 7,2 - Ado 7,0 - Felix 6,4
    Lat.Direito: C.Alberto 6,2 - Forlan 5,5
    4 Zagueiro: F.Reyes 7,9 - Roberto Dias 5,7
    Meia-Volante: Piazza & Zanatta 7,5 - Dudu 6,2 - Clodoaldo 6,1
    Meia-Armador: Ademir 7,37 - D.Lopes 7,35 - Rivelino 6,4
    Ponta Direita: Edu 6,5 - Doval 5,9
    Centroavante: Tostao 7,8 - Roberto Lopes 6,1
    Ponta de Lanca: Samarone 7,2 - P.Rocha 6,0 - Pele 7,3 (hors concours)

14th Round: (Ed. nov,27)
    4 Zagueiro: Roberto Dias 5,9 - Djalma Dias 5,8
    Meia-Armador: Gerson 6,3 - Rivelino 6,2
    Ponta Direita: Narciso Doval 5,7 - Dorval 5,3
    Centroavante: Tostao 8 - Dario (Dada maravilha) 5,4
    Ponta de Lanca: Jairzinho 6,4 - P.Rocha 6,0 - Pele 7,2 (hors concours)

schwuppe repped this.
  8. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    All Star Team - World Cup 1970 - Placar (votes of journalists who went to Mexico)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Placar - July 3, 1970

msioux75 repped this.
  9. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Since the election of A Saga de Jules Rimet was voted by 39 journalists of all the world, but do not know if Placar organized.

10. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Since the 1st ed. for Bola de Prata (Robertao 1970) could be considered as Half-Season. It would be interesting to know about how top players performing in State Championship or in the 1st semester.

11. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Unfortunately there isn't a general prize (like the Bola de Prata) for the State Championships. Each championship has its own formats and awards. And the brazilian calendar was always confusing... there were years in which the Brazilian Championship was played in the 1st semester..

12. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Do you know any of those awards winners?

13. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Only the latest editions. I do not know if I can find the old prizes of the Carioca or Paulista. I'll look and I get it, I'll post shortly. ;)

14. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Campeonato Paulista Award offered by the FPF after the end of the competition.
    Rafael (Santos), Oziel (Guarani), Edu Dracena (Santos), Rhodolfo (São Paulo) e Cortez (São Paulo); Paulinho (Corinthians), Marcos Assunção (Palmeiras), Lucas (São Paulo) e Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos); Neymar (Santos) e Hernane (Mogi Mirim). Técnico: Vadão (Guarani).
    Melhor Jogador: Neymar (Santos)

Rogério Ceni (São Paulo); Cicinho (Palmeiras), Chicão (Corinthians), Edu Dracena (Santos) e Léo (Santos);. Ralf (Corinthians), Elano (Santos) e Lucas (São Paulo); Kleber (Palmeiras), Neymar (Santos) e Liedson (Corinthians).
    Revelação: Lucas (São Paulo)

Júlio César (Santo André); Wesley (Santos), Edu Dracena (Santos), Miranda (São Paulo), Roberto Carlos (Corinthians); Arouca (Santos), Marcos Assunção (Grêmio Prudente), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos); Neymar (Santos), Robinho (Santos) e Rodriguinho (Santo André)

Felipe (Corinthians); Alessandro (Corinthians), Chicão (Corinthians), André Dias (São Paulo), André Santos (Corinthians); Cristian (Corinthians), Elias (Corinthians), Madson (Santos), Diego Souza (Palmeiras); Washington (São Paulo) e Ronaldo (Corinthians)
    Melhor Jogador: Ronaldo (Corinthians)
    Revelação: Neymar (Santos)

Aranha (Ponte Preta); Eduardo Arroz (Ponte Preta), Henrique (Palmeiras), Miranda (São Paulo) e André Santos (Corinthians); Pierre (Palmeiras), Hernanes (São Paulo), Léo Lima (Palmeiras) e Valdívia (Palmeiras); Kleber Pereira (Santos) e Adriano (São Paulo). Técnico: Vanderlei Luxemburgo (Palmeiras)
    Melhor Jogador: Valdivia (Palmeiras)
    Revelação: Dentinho (Corinthians)

Fábio Costa (Santos); Paulo Sérgio (São Caetano), Antônio Carlos (Santos), Alex Silva (São Paulo), Andrenzinho (Bragantino); Josué (São Paulo), Maldonado (Santos), Zé Roberto (Santos); Edmundo (Palmeiras), Marcos Aurélio (Santos), Somália (São Caetano)
    Melhor Jogador: Zé Roberto (Santos)

Fábio Costa (Corinthians); Anderson Lima (São Caetano), Manzur (Santos), Gamarra (Palmeiras) e Júnior (São Paulo); Maldonado (Santos), Mineiro (São Paulo), Danilo (São Paulo) e Edmundo (Palmeiras); Thiago (São Paulo) e Nilmar (Corinthians).
    Melhor Jogador: Nilmar (Corinthians)

15. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Campeonato Carioca - FERJ
    Diego Cavalieri (Fluminense), Fagner (Vasco), Dedé (Vasco), Thiago Medeiros (Madureira) e Carlinhos (Fluminense); Romulo (Vasco), Kleberson (Flamengo), Deco (Fluminense) e Felipe (Vasco); Vagner Love (Flamengo) e Alecsandro (Vasco).
    Melhor Jogador: Deco (Fluminense)

Felipe (Flamengo); Léo Moura (Flamengo), Dedé (Vasco), Anderson Martins (Vasco), Cortês (Nova Iguaçu); Willians (Flamengo), Renato Abreu (Flamengo), Thiago Neves (Flamengo), Felipe (Vasco); Ronaldinho (Flamengo), Fred (Fluminense)
    Melhor Jogador: Thiago Neves (Flamengo)

Jefferson (Botafogo); Léo Moura (Flamengo), Fábio Ferreira (Botafogo), Thiago Martinelli (Vasco), Marcelo Cordeiro (Botafogo); Leandro Guerreiro (Botafogo), Willians (Flamengo), Conca (Fluminense), Phillipe Coutinho (Vasco); Herrera (Botafogo), Vagner Love (Flamengo).
    Melhor Jogador: Jefferson (Botafogo)

Bruno (Flamengo); Léo Moura (Flamengo), Juninho (Botafogo), Ronaldo Angelim (Flamengo), Ramon (Vasco); Leandro Guerreiro (Botafogo), Nilton (Vasco), Carlos Alberto (Vasco), Maicosuel (Botafogo); Bruno Meneghel (Resende), Victor Simões (Botafogo)
    Melhor Jogador: Maicosuel (Botafogo)

-

These awards are recent in Brazil... there wasn't this habit decades ago.

If I find new awards offered by newspapers and magazines to the State Championships, post here. If you want, I can find more things about the Bola de Prata.

16. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    [​IMG]
    (Placar - May 25, 1984 / Before the final)
    [​IMG]
    (Final Team)

[​IMG]
    (Placar - August 2, 1985 - Before the last game of the semifinals)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Final Team)

[​IMG]

(Placar - February 23, 1987 - Before the second set of semi)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Final Team)

JamesBH11 and schwuppe repped this.
  17. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    1987 (Copa União)

[​IMG]
    (Placar - December 4, 1987 - Before the second game of the semifinals)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Final Team)

[​IMG]
    (Placar - February 17, 1989 - Before the second game of the semifinals)

JamesBH11 and msioux75 repped this.
  18. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    The rankings vary a lot with the years and a lot of unknown and/or interesting names.

Are some players noteworthy to highlight? Especially the ones without a legendary Brazil NT career like Renato Gaucho (who is quite famous).

19. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    I'll talk about some players that stood out in the years when I posted. There are many others, if you want to know. If you also want to know about notes, I can look.

Marinho is known for his performances in the small Bangu campaign in 1985. On occasion, Bangu was the runner-up. Marinho was a ponta-direita fast and excellent to dribble. He won the Bola de Prata and Bola de Ouro.

The paraguayan Romerito and brazilian Assis were the main players from Fluminense in 1984. They formed a duo known as ''Casal 20'' due to skill and rapport when they played together. That year, Fluminense was brazilian champion and Romerito scored the goal of the title. Both won the Bola de Prata. The two played together at Fluminense until 1987. Romerito played 3 Copa America and World Cup 1986 in Paraguay NT, but Assis had few chances in Brazil NT.

Evair, who played with the Careca a Bola de Ouro in 1986, is another player who has success in brazilian football but had no chances in the NT. Evair excelled in Guarani, played for Atalanta between 88 and 91 and returned to Brazil to live the best phase of his career in 1993 and 1994. He won 2 Brazilian Championships, 2 Paulistas Championships and Rio-SP. Played alongside Edmundo, Edilson, Zinho, Mazinho, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo and others. In 1999, he returned to Palmeiras and won the Libertadores 1999. Between these years, went to Vasco and won the Brazilian title in 1997, forming a duo with Edmundo. Evair was known for his ability to set plays and let his companions in conditions of scoring.

Geovani, who played the prize in 1988. He was considered one of the most promising talents of Brazilian football. He owned an amazing ability and his style of play was considered refined and classic, like a typical 8. played in Vasco between 1981 and 1989. He was the best player in Brazil NT in World U-20 1983 and in campaign the Olympics in 1988. Moreover, he was temperamental, creating problems and took wrong decisions in his career. If I had not gone to Bologna in 1989, perhaps played the World Cup 1990.

Pita was the first player after Pele to honor the 10 of Santos. He came in and played club between 1978 and 1984. He won the Campeonato Paulista 1978. In São Paulo, won 2 Campeonato Paulista and Brazilian Championship 1986. 3x won the Bola de Prata.

There are other players like:
    Andrade - one of the best players in Flamengo between 1977 and 1988. It was Toyota Cup champion in 1981, 3x Brazilian champion Flamengo and the Brazilian champion in 1989 by Vasco. Never played in a World Cup.
    Adílio - It was also one of the best players in Flamengo in that period.
    Roberto Costa - He won the Bola de Prata in 1983 and 1984. He played one match for Brazil NT: 2-0 defeat to England in the Maracana in 1984.
    Acácio - Vasco idol and one of the best goalkeeper of the '80s. His best championship was in 1989, when it was Brazilian champion.
    Zé Carlos - Flamengo goalkeeper between 1984 and 1991;

msioux75 repped this.
  20. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Another very interesting thing about the Bola de Prata is that from 1981 to 2002, the regulation provided an added bonus (ranging from 0.1 to 0.3) in the final average of finalist teams of the Brazilian Championship. Typically, the bonus was given athletes were the two finalist teams, but there were some years in which the semi-finalists and quadrifinalistas even had his players won bonus.

Well, this bonus allowed, in many situations, a player with an irregular average true only modest ended joining Team League Final, only because his team to make the final. Cases are therefore of players who have won the prize more loaded by the team who played on than by their individual performances.

If there were no such bonus, about 50 Bolas de Prata would change hands and 8 Bolas de Ouro;
    1970 to 1980 - no bonus
    1981 to 1984 - 0.2 to players of the two finalists
    1985 and 1986 - to 0.3 players to the two finalists
    1987 - to 0.1 players to the four semifinalists + 0.1 to the players of the two finalists
    1988 - to 0.1 to eight players quadrifinalistas + 0.1 players of two finalists
    1989 - to 1997 - 0.2 to players of the two finalists
    1998 - to 0.1 players to the two finalists
    1999 to 2002 - 0.2 to players of the two finalists
    since 2003 - no bonus

- Bolas de Prata that would change
    Ponta Direita (1981): Píter (Náutico) ganharia em vez de Paulo César (São Paulo)

Médio Volante (1982): Chicão (Santos) em vez de Batista (Grêmio)

Lateral Esquerdo (1983): Pedrinho (Pameiras) em vez de Júnior (Flamengo)
    Médio Volante (1983): Pires (América-RJ) em vez de Dema (Santos)
    Meia Armador (1983): Baiano (Náutico) em vez de Paulo Isidoro (Santos)
    Ponta de Lança (1983): Elói (Vasco da Gama) em vez de Pita (Santos)

Goleiro (1984): Sérgio Monte (Fortaleza) em vez de Roberto Costa (Vasco da Gama)
    Ponta Esquerda (1984): Nenê (Operário-MS) em vez de Tato (Fluminense)

Goleiro (1985): Acácio (Vasco da Gama) em vez de Rafael (Coritiba)
    Lateral Esquerdo (1985): Bezerra (Ceará) em vez de Baby (Bangu)

Goleiro (1986): Régis (América-RJ) em vez de Gilmar (São Paulo)
    Zagueiro Central (1986): Benê (América-RJ) em vez de Ricardo Rocha (Guarani)
    Lateral Esquerdo (1986): Eduardo (Fluminense) em vez de Nelsinho (São Paulo)

Goleiro (1987): Rafael (Coritiba) em vez de Taffarel (Internacional)
    Médio Volante (1987): Uidemar (Goiás) em vez de Norberto (Internacional)

Goleiro (1989): Sérgio (Santos) em vez de Gilmar (São Paulo)

Goleiro (1990): Gomes (Grêmio) em vez de Ronaldo (Corinthians)
    Zagueiro (1990): João Marcelo (Grêmio) em vez de Marcelo Djian (Corinthians)

Goleiro (1991): Ronaldo (Vitória) em vez de Marcelo (Bragantino)
    Lateral Direito (1991): Luiz Carlos Winck (Internacional) em vez de Gil Baiano (Bragantino)
    Zagueiro (1991): Marcelo (Corinthiams) em vez de Ricardo Rocha (São Paulo)
    Atacante (1991): Maurício (Grêmio) em vez de Mazinho Oliveira (Bragantino)

Lateral Esquerdo (1992): Eduardo (Vasco da Gama) em vez de Válber (Botafogo)
    Meia (1992): Marquinhos (Internacional) em vez de Zinho (Flamengo)

Zagueiro (1993): Alexandre Torres (Vasco da Gama) em vez de Antônio Carlos (Palmeiras)
    Meia (1993): Juninho (São Paulo) em vez de Roberto Cavalo (Vitória)
    Atacante (1993): Ronaldo (Cruzeiro) em vez de Alex Alves (Vitória)

Goleiro (1994): Jean (Bahia) em vez de Ronaldo (Corinthians)
    Zagueiro (1994): Alexandre Torres (Vasco da Gama) em vez de Cléber (Palmeiras)
    Volante (1994): Pingo (Grêmio) em vez de Zé Elias (Corinthians)
    Meia (1994): Giovanni (Santos) em vez de Rivaldo (Palmeiras)
    Atacante (1994): Túlio (Botafogo) em vez de Marcelinho Carioca (Corinthians)

Goleiro (1995): Velloso (Palmeiras) em vez de Wágner (Botafogo)
    Lateral Esquerdo (1995): Roger (Grêmio) em vez de Marcos Adriano (Santos)
    Atacante (1995): Luizão (Guarani) em vez de Túlio (Botafogo)

Zagueiro (1996): Cléber (Palmeiras) em vez de Adílson (Grêmio)
    Volante (1996): Fabinho (Cruzeiro) em vez de Luiz Carlos Goiano (Grêmio)

Meia (1997): Jorginho (Atlético Mineiro) em vez de Zinho (Palmeiras)

Atacante (1998): Petkovic (Vitória) em vez de Fábio Júnior (Cruzeiro)

Goleiro (1999): Marcos (Palmeiras) em vez de Dida (Corinthians)
    Zagueiro (1999): Marcelo Djian (Cruzeiro) em vez de Cláudio Caçapa (Atlético Mineiro)
    Volante (1999): Mineiro (Ponte Preta) em vez de Vampeta (Corinthians)
    Meia (1999): Juninho Pernambucano (Vasco da Gama) em vez de Belletti (Atlético Mineiro)
    Atacante (1999): Alex Alves (Cruzeiro) em vez de Marques (Atlético Mineiro)

Meia (2000): Petkovic (Flamengo) em vez de Juninho Pernambucano (Vasco da Gama)
    Atacante (2000): Dill (Goiás) em vez de Romário (Vasco da Gama)

Zagueiro (2001): Ânderson Polga (Grêmio) em vez de Gustavo (Atlético Paranaense)
    Zagueiro (2001): Cléber (Santos) em vez de Daniel (São Caetano)
    Volante (2001): Mineiro (Ponte Preta) em vez de Simão (São Caetano)

Zagueiro (2002): André Cruz (Goiás) em vez de Fábio Luciano (Corinthians)
    Atacante (2002): Dimba (Gama) em vez de Gil (Corinthians)

- Bolas de Ouro that would change
    1981: Mário Sérgio (Internacional) ganharia em vez de Paulo Isidoro (Grêmio)
    1984: Sérgio Monte (Fortaleza) em vez de Roberto Costa (Vasco da Gama)
    1987: Luizinho (Atlético Mineiro) em vez de Renato Gaúcho (Flamengo)
    1988: Adílson Heleno (Criciúma) em vez de Taffarel (Internacional)
    1993: Ricardo Rocha (Santos) em vez de César Sampaio (Palmeiras)
    1999: Alex Alves (Cruzeiro) em vez de Marcelinho Carioca (Corinthians)
    2000: Ronaldinho Gaúcho (Grêmio) em vez de Romário (Vasco da Gama)
    2001: Marques (Atlético Mineiro) em vez de Alex Mineiro (Atlético Paranaense)

The information is from a friend of mine who works with statistics, is a fan of the magazine and lives correcting errors monthly of Placar. :)

msioux75 repped this.
  21. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Thanks. Yes, I'm curious about the players between say 1985 and 1993, which was more or less a relative weak era for Brazil NT. Like a Renato Gaucho, Ricardo Gomes, Carlos Mozer etc.

22. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    In 1982/1983, Renato appeared at Grêmio, as the main promise of brazilian football. Renato was a hell ponta-direita, knowing dribbling, give passes and score goals. He was champion of the Toyota Cup 1983, scoring two goals in the victory over Hamburg and being named best player of the final. In 1984, he made excellent matches in the Brazilian Championship (Gremio was eliminated in the semifinals to Vasco) and won the Bola de Prata. There hasn't been so successful in the Brazilian Championship in 1985 and 1986 (because the Gremio wasn't good), but in both years, won State Championships.

Renato was always bright and irregular. He was an explosive player, temperamental and created many problems. Moreover, there lived a bustling nightlife... He was also famous for its festivals with womens. This reflected in his career.

Already in 1983 received their first calls for Brazil, but no had the same good performances he had in his club. In June 1985, recovered from an injury and the arrival of Tele Santana's of the post coach Brazil NT, he was again summoned and played all four matches of the World Cup Qualifiers in the starting lineup. Because of the excellent games that made continued to be summoned and was in pre-list of players who would go to México86, but was not on the final list; probably because Tele didn't like indiscipline of Renato and didn't think essential to brazilian team.

Worn at Gremio, moved to Flamengo in February 1987 and lived one of the best phases of his career. Along with Zico, Zinho, Bebeto and others, was champion Copa União 1987, became the idol of crowd and won the Bola de Prata and Bola de Ouro. He went to Roma and returned to Flamengo in 1989, if winner Copa do Brasil 1990 and won the Bola de Prata. He was summoned to the World Cup 1990, but only came in one game: Lazaroni had preference for other players.

In 1991, he moved to Botafogo. His best time at the club was in the Brazilian Championship 1992. Best player of team, Renato took Botafogo to the final, coincidentally against Flamengo. In the first match, Flamengo's 3-0 victory. The next day, Renato was a party held by players of Flamengo and eventually was dismissed of Botafogo. Even so, he won the Bola de Prata for excellent matches. He moved to Cruzeiro - won two titles - in 1993 and returned to Flamengo. In 1994, he moved to Atlético-MG.

His last big moment was in 1995, at Fluminense. He was champion of the State Championship and scored the historic goal of the title in the final match against Flamengo. In the Brazilian Championship, was the main player of Fluminense. The club was unbelievably eliminated in the semifinals before the Santos. Renato won his last Bola de Prata.

To summarize: Renato was a great player and had quality to be part of Brazil NT. But it was never considered (for coaches) an essential player for Brazil NT. It wasn't for the World Cup 1986 (where he probably would be part of the starting lineup) because Tele dislike his indiscipline and 90 Lazaroni had no sympathy for Renato. At 94, he was 32 and other players lived major phase.

-

After I talk more about Mozer - who was not called up for the World Cup 1986 because he didn't live good phase - and Ricardo Gomes - would be part of the starting lineup in 1994 and I think that would be the captain, but suffered an injury and was outside.

23. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    schwuppe

Which were the names you noticed in particular? In terms of good scores/ratings?

24. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Cerezo
    Falcao
    Zico

25. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012

[​IMG]
    (Placar - 27/10/89 - during the competition, first stage)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]