Pics of your car(s)!

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by servotron, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    It's got speed holes.

2. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    318s have 1.8 L 4 Cylinder engines right?

They shouldn't sell them here anyway, No point driving a BMW without any balls. It should have at least a V6.

Anyways I have an 01 IS300. I plan on buying a BMW as a winter Car. Probably 95-97 3 Series.

3. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    yeah, im honestly not sure why the outback sports came with the RS hoods... now granted, when the legacy GT engine is in there, the scoop will feed the intercooler, so it wont be useless anymore, but still...

and itll be great to pull up to and destroy things like gt mustangs, f-bodies, ect.

4. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    there are no BMW's with V6's

correct me if im wrong

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wrong - All BMW 3 series have V6s and all 5 Series except for the 550 have V6s

6. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    unless it's a front mounted intercooler it's more of an inter-warmer than an intercooler bud :D

7. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
  8. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    they are inline 6's not V6's

9. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    true, however, when you look at where the subaru turbos are, you need a lot of piping, and thus, a large turbo to pressurize it without an insane amount of lag. the thing is that most front mounts are actually less efficient unless youre either pulling monster power (im not into drag racing myself. id prefer the top mount which will enable faster spooling and more efficiency than a front mount) or are running rally applications, and use something like the v-mount (sits high in the front) and a reverse manifold...

10. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    while i do agree with you to a certain extent...
    theres always a plus and minus for all turbo set ups,however ive had two scoobys so far and both were top mounted interwarmers,compared to my glanza v which was front mounted intercooler on a t.r.d. set up which rocked t.b.h.
    now despite the .7 litres in engine size the glanza weighted next to nothing over the two 2 litre scoobys,one of which had an sti turbo,but the previous owner never upgraded the fuel injectors and it nearly blew the engine.but never the less was much smoother than either of the two subarus and had a choice of hi or low boost....

all that aside,you'll always get turbo lag....agree or disagree im much happier with the type R due to the vtec kicking in at 6000rpm to over 9000rpm without any lag,and the better handeling on europes twisting roads then i ever had with any of my turbos despite not being a.w.d. (the l.s.d. is awesome on her)

it's a case of compromise,but personally i'd probably never buy a turbo again,however if i did get a skyline gtr for example,it would have to be front mounted intercooled otherwise i would'nt be interested....

11. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    were they older ones you had?

also, im shocked they wouldve upgraded the turbo without not only injectors, but fuel pump (i hope they had engine management), and possibly lines. no wonder it wasnt smooth!

even with the top mount, the new ones, with just a turboback and cobb accessport stage 2, are faster than the VAST majority of things on the street... and thats just the wrx, not the sti...

12. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    well a 97 and a 00 bud...

as for the upgrades,the guy did'nt know what he was doing and it was my first scooby so looking at the engine i did'nt realise the turbo was bigger than stock.but you have to learn some were / some how right ;)

as for speed on the street,thats not important to me...i prefer an alround well balanced car.dont get me wrong haveing alot of horse power is nice but over here things like the quater mile times dont mean jack.

the subaru's were good cars,but i got tired of them pretty quickly and they were expensive to maintain so i looked else were and found something that i wont say "is" better but for me is better,if you get my drift :)

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The 320 was a 4 cylinder that was produced from 78-82. There is a 320 spec euro car that had an inline 6. BMW has never produced a V6. I've been working BMW parts for 25 years now.

14. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I guess i confused V6 with the Inline 6.

15. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    what a shocker.
    you getting something wrong.

post a pic of your souped up nissan cherry.:cool:

16. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

LOL the point was that they have 6 Cylinders, Your Bargain basement beamer only had 4, a disgrace. On a positive note I bet its real good on gas, Im sure most 318 owners are on a budget. Dont take everything so personally, Just because your car is regarded as the peasant BWM by enthusiasts all over the world, It doesent mean you are a peasant! I mean at least you aren't one of those people who actually take off the 318 and replace it with something higher. Anyways Merry Christmas!

17. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America

So what kind of non-peasant vehicle do you drive, anyway?

I went back through the thread and somehow missed the post where you mentioned it. I mean I saw the part where you ripped on someone for their vehicle, but can't find the one where you talk about yours.

Could you provide a link to that post?

18. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I thought I posted that drive an 01, IS300, and probably by the end of the month ill have a E36 Beamer to drive in the winter! Both are entry level cars. I never said I was a baller, I am just a lowly student who works part time. I just don't like the 318. Whats the point of buying a BMW that will get schnapped by Corollas, and jettas left right and center? The 318 is a basically a statement that someone only cares about the name, not performance.

19. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America

More importantly, what's the point in chastising someone for the car they choose/were given/stole/acquired?

Hell, I drive a frickin' Hyundai because I love the car. I'm certainly not gonna go talk down on someone for driving something that is less than my standards. We drive what we like - or were given - or inherited - or could afford. Why on earth would you make fun of someone for driving a car that is lower than your standards?

20. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    newsflash: not everyone buys cars for performance

you can pick up a car for $2500 that will "schnapp" your IS300 left right and centre

21. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    You guys are both right.. I just felt like breaking balls.

Bahhhh Humbug!

22. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    buying a bmw brand new is seen as having "made it"

plus chicks dont know the difference between a 318 and a 335...just some stupid numbers on the back

23. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Uh, sorry but you're bigtime wrong. We just received a TSI from BMW telling us that women now make up 60% of our clientele. Women are a HUGE factor in the market and have the economic power to back it up. Any business that doesn't know this is delusional and in for a bigtime shock.

24. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    so you are telling me if you were driving down the road in a 330 she would say

"wow, hes got the 3 litre inline six not that crappy 1.8 litre 4 banger"

i bet 4/5 wouldnt know the difference in engine size and would be more interested in which colour you chose

:rolleyes:

25. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow, you're really selling women short. They are smart, saavy informed consumers. They didn't get to the point in life where they can afford a $45-$95,000 car by being a bunch of dimwits. They are every bit as well informed as any man when they come into the showroom to buy a new car. Thank God my dealership knows the difference. It puts us near the top in our region.