Phase IV Tickets

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Section_14, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section_14

Section_14 New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    St. Augustine
    How many of us are planning to apply for tickets during phase 4? Of those people how many already have tickets?

2. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am applying but I do not have any tickets.

3. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will apply, I have 4 tixs to US Ghana and 2 tix to US-Italy and 4 Tixs to Mexico - Iran.

Will try to get 2 more US-italy and 4 US Czech and anything else I can get my hands on.

4. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm going to try for, in order of choice

England v Trinidad
    England v Sweden
    Brazil v Australia or Japan v Croatia (playing same day)
    Spain v Tunisia or Togo v Switzerland (playing same day)
    Argentina v Serbia or Holland v Ivory Coast (playing same day)
    USA v Czech Rep or Australia v Japan
    France v South Korea

5. Roball53

Roball53 New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 4 tix to US-Ghana and will be applying for US-Ita and Munich semi.

6. SikONE

SikONE New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Bay Area
    I'm to try to get tickets for any round 16 or even any Argentina,England,frace, Brazil, Italia,USA or even Mexico game is possible.

I got tickets for round 16 (wc-rd & wf-re) great games if it works out like everyone thinks.

7. Section_14

Section_14 New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    St. Augustine
    Can you get more tickets to a match that you already have tickets for?

I gonna try for 7, hope to get 1
    France v. Korea
    France v. Togo
    France v. Swiss
    Holland v. Ivory Coast
    Spain v. Tunisia
    Brazil v. Japan
    Sweden v. Paraguay

If you can't tell I really want to see France.

8. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking to get two tickets to any US match. Will also try for France and Holland games just in case. Also thinking about applying for a Round of 16 game. Running out of chances though!

9. Coon

Coon Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Texas, USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So is it confirmed that this will be based on first come first serve basis? Or will it be another lottery.

Will it start 12:00AM German time on February 15th?

10. geoduck06

geoduck06 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Washington
    We have tickets to US-Gha, US/Cze, Round of 16s, and 8s from the USSoccer draw. We got nothing from FIFA.

We'll try for US-Ita, Bra, Holland, England, or Arg games. We may even go for obstructed view or other ticket categories just to get inside.

We would love to get into the games but we're not going to pay anybody outrageous prices to get there. Better to spend that cash on beer in a local pub watching the game with locals and other internationals (IMO).

Hope to be in cities where Brazil is playing and check out the Brazilian women dancing in their colorful band-aids under the hot sun. :D

11. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have two tickets to Match #52 (WD vs. RC), and will be applying for:

Mexico vs. Portugal
    Japan vs. Brazil
    Match #50 (WC vs. RD)
    Match #57 (W49 vs. W50)
    Match #59 (W51 vs. W52)
    Match #62 (W59 vs. W60)
    The Final

Wait, I can't apply for 7 (because I already have one match), correct?

All I'm hoping to get is Mexico vs. Portugal. Match #50 would be nice, too.

12. Rogi8

Rogi8 Member

May 15, 2000
    I see a lot of people planning to apply to this, but does anyone have a clue how to actually get the tickets? Nothing on FIFA website...

13. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    ...yet. Keep looking.

14. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    I'm gonna apply for:
    Mexico-Iran
    Portugal-Iran

hope to get 1 ticket!

15. AGF Aarhus

AGF Aarhus Member

Union Berlin
    Apr 7, 2001
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Maybe I misunderstood, but I was under the impression that the 4th Sales Phase was a first come/first served sale of whatever tickets are still left after the 3rd Sales Phase. The implication being that if you didn't get tickets for a specific game in the 3rd Phase, there won't be any for that game in the 4th. Did I understand this wrong?

16. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was also wondering that. My assumption is that there are still tickets available to most games, as FIFA has seemingly set up quotas for each phase. Add into that the possibility that tickets are returned and I think there will be some tickets to most games available if not all. Depending on how popular a game is will determine how many. I make this assumption based on the fact there is also a 5th phase so if this is just first come first serve what is in the 5th phase? Maybe just any returns?

17. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Yes, I think so. But there was also a (sort of) phase 2.5 of "conditional" ticket sales, I assume those applicants are in the queue ahead of any tickets actually being made available in phase 5.

18. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found this in the FIFA website after rereading a section.

Ticket allocation in the fourth phase will end with all tickets set aside for this phase being allocated, or by 15th of April 2006 latest.

Sounds to me like these are not just leftovers. Who knows maybe we will find out when FIFA updates the website. Its not like the next phase is in a week or anything!

19. AGF Aarhus

AGF Aarhus Member

Union Berlin
    Apr 7, 2001
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    I saw that too, but thought to myself: 'Self, why would FIFA hold tickets back for the 4th Sales Phase? Is there one good reason why not to sell all of them in the 3rd Phase lottery? I guess some people think that it's fun to screw people over. Is that a good reason?'

I guess that's my problem, assuming that FIFA would do something that makes sense.

And yes, I think we should all thank them for laying out all the information in a clear, easy to navigate manner on their website. Well done FIFA, I take back everything I've ever said about Sepp.

20. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would FIFA hold back tickets? Well according to them, "In order to ensure a fair and transparent allocation of tickets, even with ticket demand exceeding ticket supply, and in order to provide as many interested persons as possible with tickets, the procedure for ticket allocation for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (TM) has been divided into five phases."

Not so sure how that makes things better. Now we will have a mad scramble for the scraps left over. Who has the advantage now? The fastest typer. Who ever can quickly fill in a form and hit send first I guess.

21. AGF Aarhus

AGF Aarhus Member

Union Berlin
    Apr 7, 2001
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    My point exactly.

22. The Wisdom Cube

The Wisdom Cube New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Clemson, SC
    I am more concerned with the massive amount of traffic on the website than I am with speed on my end. If you visited the ticketshop part of the website for the phase II for TSTs only, you will remember how the tickets were divided up by country and by color code. If it was green, it was available, if yellow limited availability, and red meant sold out. If a ticket was sold out, you could not click on it. I think that once you had selected a ticket that was coded green or yellow your spot in line was more or less saved so that you could fill out the application from there. I would expect something somewhat similar here, just with single match tickets instead of a series. But due to the huge demand, their website is sure to be slowed down greatly if it doesn't crash. Frankly, I hope that they only announce details a day or so before the phase starts so that only those who are especially diligent (like I have been, no help so far) are likely to get tickets.

23. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Everything has been planned out so well up to now, I'm sure they wouldn't start a new phase of ticket sales without publishing all the necessary information about applications long in advance.

(What was that? Did I hear somebody mention "ticket portal"? Or "conditional tickets"? Or..."complete effin fiasco"? You're so harsh!)

24. danno2586

danno2586 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    USA
    So assuming FIFA actually does what they've said (I know big IF), what time are you all thinking the website will be live? Midnight +1 min 2/15 CET?? Which would be 6pm 2/14 East Coast US time?

Guess I'll have to make that Valentine's dinner reservation REALLY late ;)

25. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Midday, more likely.