"Petrol Money Can't Buy Me Love" - El BienvenISCO Al Mejor Club Del Mundo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Considering the other midfielders have 0 penetration and almost never attempt to dribble or break through the defense, that's not such a bad thing. The problem is his decision making and knowing when to release the ball.

2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    There is more movement happening in front of him with the Spanish NT. Also he has a different role with us and by that I don’t mean just the space he occupies on the pitch.

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because all of those players are Real Madrid players and in the first instance the lineup has already been used.

4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco may be unfairly left out, but he has had 2-3 years here after he looked excellent for Zidane to step up for us and Spain and become a key player, yet has failed with both. He has shown with Carlo that he can fit in a midfield three, and with Zidane that he can play at the tip of a diamond, so its not a question of tactical fit. I dont think he has the mentality of a star, and sadly it looks like Asensio is the same as well. I wouldnt sell either just yet, but I wouldnt be too bothered if we did tbh.

Anon., Bear Crotch and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is it fair to say that Isco failed when talking about a period of time where the entire team sucked balls?

temesgen repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You did not specify who would play up front.. Are you saying we play Kroos/Modric ..who are on decline (more Kroos than Modric) with Isco and James with Benz and who else ? another #9, and Vini?
    I am confused on how this 442 would pan out. In 442 you need a #9 and a SS..

7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it's fair to say the team failed because we gambled on Isco, Asensio, Benzema and Bale taking over when Ronaldo leaves.

Anon., Digital and robnycus repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, it's not fair to say that. What about Kroos, Modric, Ramos and Varane? They all had a shitty season at that point. It's not fair to single out anyone this season, especially not a guy who barely played it.

temesgen repped this.
  9. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The problem with Isco isn't that he's entirely failed us, it's the perception that he's done anything for the Bernabeu to chant "ISCO. ISCO. ISCO."

When you put the player on a pedestal for having 1.5 seasons of good football and give him the keys well, it's not a surprise when things don't work out as planned.

Anon. repped this.
  10. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Am not singling out one player, am singling out four :D

Our midfield is not in good shape, and neither is our defense, but our biggest problem is in attack and those four were expected to take over from Ronaldo. Only Benzema is kinda sorta doing that, the rest are rightfully benched by an 18 y/o and Lucas Vazquez.

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drouchk repped this.
  12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its all over for Isco. Its gonna take him a while to get back into shape and by that time the season will be over or if Zidane plays him as is he will embarrass himself (and the club) by not being able to do simple things like run.

I'm really hoping that rather than giving guys like Isco and Marcelo (both of whom I love) the chance to win back their places instead guys who were shafted by Zidane, like Ceballos and Llorente, are given the chances to show they belong.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, they even had to film the commercial in the dark to hide his beer belly.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How the hell are you going to be paying a player all that money to only show him for one second? :ROFLMAO:

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMG_20190316_153630.jpg Isco is disgustingly unfit atm, no wonder they don't even show him in his own commercials. Seems like the Solari/Isco weight issues were true. Isco refused over and over again to step on the scale.
    My man looking thicker than a bowl of oatmeal lmao.

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    The scale thing is true.. he is not the first manager to have implemented that regiment regularly .. Marcelo was the other player who refused to get on the scale..
    Zidane is testing both today and see what they can do to impress him.

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isco got the saggy man titties going on. LOL

19. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Scored a goal today. Will be a good confidence booster.

Lyra repped this.
  20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Needs to get into shape, no amount of goals will excuse being overweight.

If that were the case we would bring back R9.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yawn.

Lyra, J-Mezzy, ahnaf and 1 other person repped this.
  22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isco in January, when told the team needs him in better shape because the they still have every trophy to play for:

Isco in March with no more trophies left to play for:

[​IMG]

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Im sure he was just sucking in his gut for the whole match, especially since he wasn't wearing another layer on now.

J-Mezzy, Drouchk and ahnaf repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    People pay too much attention to personal appearances here. I just care about how they perform

25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's an odd statement when we are talking about fitness and not just looks. No one cares how handsome he is or isn't. People do care whether he is in top physical shape to help his club when called upon.

RMSocrates, Anon., Digital and 1 other person repped this.