"Petrol Money Can't Buy Me Love" - El BienvenISCO Al Mejor Club Del Mundo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No they weren't. Bale got injured and we were great. When he walked back into the team we begged Carlo to bench him and play the 442 with Isco and James.

Deep Pal and robnycus repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For as long as I can remember many many players at Madrid have not been played on merit, this is not some new phenomenon, do I like it ?, no, but it’s the way it always has been, coaches have their favorites and then they are the “established” players, It has always been like this IMO, sadly only 11 can start/play no matter what, we can go to nearly every era and complain about who should be playing and who should not,

Obviously volume about this stuff just gets turned up when the team is not doing well, like now, but, nothing new, that being said, I like Isco, but I find him inconsistent and for sure I don’t see him as the savior of this team at this time, we need better defensive organization ( system?) and finishers, that’s the reality for me

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and robnycus repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Despite all his injuries that season Bale was still involved in 27 goals for us that season ( 18 goals and 9 assists ), as far as productivity goes that qualifies for me. I don’t know Ronaldo’s stat that year but I have a feeling that he scored more than a few goals, Benzema was better than he has been recently as well.

We’ve played some very good football in the first half of the season with James and Isco but not so much in the 2nd half, even with those two playing in a 4-4-2. There were a lot of factors at play there obviously, form dip, injuries and lack of depth etc...

4. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We were definitely worse when Bale was in. You can check the forum. They looked disengaged from the rest of the team, didn't take part in defence and were useless against tight defences. Atletico beat us 4-0 .

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Well you have to remember that Modeic was injured when we got some of our worst results and back then losing Modric was huge since we had no alternatives, I mean we had to play Ramos of all people in midfield because we didn’t have any depth.

Don’t get me wrong though I too preferred our team’s style and set up in the first half of that season but in no way was the BBC as much a detriment as the BB has been recently, say what you will about Bale but he put up solid numbers during his first few years with us, especially when you consider how many games he missed throughout any given season unfortunely now he’s lost it and the sooner he moves on the better.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure some of this "history" is what is fueling whatever discontent Isco is exhibiting.

He's watched Bale go down injured under how many coaches and walk right back into the team, even when not fully recovered.

Isco has to prove himself again every time there's a new coach; and now when he has a minor unexpected surgery its - "tough luck pal but we moved on without you."

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale was benched under zidane because he was injured a lot and then coming back from injury he was slowly returning him to the squad. Everytime he didn't play, be sure that Perez and zidane heard about it from bale's manager.
    Difference is zidane have already done something in the club and won something for the club andd some respect and some freedom from Perez to have , solari is not there so I doubt he'll ever bench bale as I doubt he benched isco on his mind.

robnycus repped this.
  8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We did better when Ramos played as DM. It was the CL quarter final in which we defeated them.

We played with Nacho and Varane in defence in the 4-0. We were outplayed since the beginning. Khedira was awful and the front three non existent.

We were doing fine until we had James even after Modric's injury. Then James' got injured and we didn't have any quality. We went for Lucas Silva in Jan. Didn't work.

9. Sawgango

Sawgango New Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 25, 2018
    "Future ballon d'or winner, Andres Iniesta’s heir, next Zidane..."

One of the most overated player in history of football. James was miles better than him and so was Özil, yet we pushed these two out and kept this benchwarmer.

There is reason why everysingle coach we had benched him.

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You shouldn't believe anything AS says about Florentino. It might be true, but they have an agenda against him. It's been years since i voluntarily went on their site.

12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's the other way around because Perez knows he needs to sell but is desperate to hold on to his his love child Bale.

Isco played last game and did his job well (keeping possession to run out the clock). Solari knows between Isco's strengths and the team's weaknesses that total exclusion is an untenable situation if the plan is to continue to win and have any chance at silverware. Not sure about Flo's endgame here other than needs to sell to buy reinforcements and has to create circumstances where Bale can stay.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We've looked better without Isco on the pitch than with him for pretty much the entire season.

People demand that we should have maximized our profit from the Bale situation, so how is it wrong to think likewise about Isco? Is Isco really going to become that much better in the future?

He's an amazing talent, but if he's not 100%, parting ways is an option.

I don't think there's a single position on the field that Isco can slot in now and be better than the player that played there, vs Sevilla for example.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's not even remotely true. Isco was by far the best player on the pitch up until his appendicitis.

Drouchk and Eddie repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He only played 6 matches before that, and he was only truly fantastic against Roma and Girona. You have 4 other matches that he wasn't the best player on the pitch, so i don't see how this is true.

robnycus repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Dude Modric played one good match yesterday and you have basically been championing him like it has been an entite season.

Drouchk repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He was excellent vs. Espanyol, and was very good in the remaining matches. So this narrative that we are better without him than with him is pretty out of touch.

temesgen and Drouchk repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's played out of his mind for the last 5 years. If i'd have to chose between keeping Isco or Modric, i'd keep Modric, easiest decision ever.

robnycus and Digital repped this.
  19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Have to understant that Lopetegui and Solari play different football.
    Like the article says under Solari Isco does not have a true role in this team.

Digital repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    What does playing out of you mind in the past have to do with your current play or how you play in the future?

Anyways you've literally changed the subject of my point because it wasn't about selling or keeping.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is Isco's current play really that encouraging? To me it almost feels like not playing makes him look better by default because of how the team is doing, not because of how promising his current performances are.

Who brought up Modric?

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    For me it hasn't been, but that wasn't my point.

In what context?

It wasn't about Modric; it's about you mocking the idea from another poster that one player had played well for a short period of time.. all the while you have been championing another player who has only had one fantastic game all season.

Which one is it? Does one game make your season or is it 6 (two fantastic, four only good)?

23. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I just don't even get why most of you here want to keep him here. I mean I like him to but he never really fulfilled his potential. He has played some amazing matches , yes , but he misses the consistancy of Modric ,Kroos or Casemiro.

Apart from that he isn't fast enough nor dangerous enough in the box to be a winger . So he is a 10 , which we don't play and honnestly is a position on field that is seldom used these days. His workrate is okay but he isn't fit enough to be a box to box.

And we do have a lot of talent sitting at that bench craving to prove themselves. Plus we can get a lot of money for him . Why keep him? I don't see it.

Anon. repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Most? For me the only untouchables in midfield and attack are..

Casemiro
    Llorente
    Ceballos
    Valverde
    Vinicius
    Kroos (subject to change)

The rest are dependent on what we see in the market and whom we hire as manager.

Also Marcelo, may be playing his last season with the club.

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I certainly am not advocating to get rid of Isco, but I don’t see him being the catalyst for change in the team’s fortunes at the moment, as has been noted he was “ok” for us when playing for JL, but no one thinks the team has been playing “great football” all season long, just a game here and a game there, mostly underwhelming, under both JL with Isco and Solari without.