"Petrol Money Can't Buy Me Love" - El BienvenISCO Al Mejor Club Del Mundo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're losing Isco because of Isco. If his performance would have been undeniable, he could have saved Lopetegui and been a starter still. But facts are, he's not doing too well.

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was injured ffs.

ahnaf and Drouchk repped this.
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Saving private Lope! Isco Disco style! We might as well throw in saving Modrić and other regulars, you know because they are utter shit and the worst performing players in the squad.

The shit you read here.

ahnaf and Drouchk repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So we're going to pretend that Isco has been fantastic for us this season at any point?

5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yes he was before his injury but let’s say you are correct ( you’re not) that he’s been underwhelming all season and that selections are being made based on merit, can you then explain how the other veterans have remained starters considering a lot of them have been garbage?

ahnaf repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    We have gone through this before.. Those other veterans have more weight on the team for x or y reasons. Isco has been easily benched under prior managers before.. Zidane, Carlo..even Lope

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And we've gone through this before. That is not a logical justification. It just makes you feel better.

8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    and I agree. .but you can't sit here and blame Solari for being illogical when this is a club issue..

9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keep drinking the Perez coolaid...
    He's being forced out.
    Isco was injured and then was not given many chances to actually play full game.
    Not to mention that by your logic, per performance, Benz, bale, modric, kros Marcelo, varane, Ramos, Lucas, and casimero should be benched and we'll have a lineup made of the castilla players.
    The BS that you read here sometimes

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Solari managed to bench Marcelo yesterday, when we were told that Marcelo held a lot of weight. Marcelo is a club captain. You can't tell me if he can bench Marcelo, he can't bench Bale.

ahnaf repped this.
  11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    So then people aren’t being selected based on merit then? Thank you you’re making my point for me.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    There are two main differences.. not benching Marcelo could have cost him the 3 pts yesterday. He does not believe Isco gives him a competitive advantage on the field as opposed to Bale, regardless of how bad both have played.

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Zidane had no problem benching Bale, so maybe it’s less of a club issue but more of a cojones one.

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Remember when Carlo always said.. the BBC will always play when healthy?
    Zidane always played the BBC without any changes up front for 2 years.

15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It took him 2 years to finally do that. He probably had seen enough of Bale at that point..but his initial stand was to always play Bale, get him integrated with the team by giving all the chances in the world..
    It is a reset with every manager under Flo since to him, he is the guy to replace CR7.

16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't be serious about the Bale and Marcelo comparisons.

One player is one of the most skilled footballers in the world and the other is totally unreliable and undependable but enjoys the personal protection of the President himself.

It's a no brainer that Solari can bench Marcelo without flinching but so much as hypothesizing about benching Bale would put his job in immediate jeopardy.

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Carlo said that because the BBC was actually productive at the time.

Because when he took over Bale wasn’t struggling like he was when he became a sub.

18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You are gonna tell me Bale played well for 2 years under Zidane and he never sucked this bad.. ? I
    I think you don't even believe this.. you just want to be argumentative.

19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I can write you at least 5 players who have been worse than Isco. Do you see them in deep freeze?

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Do you actually believe that Bale provides us with a competitive advantage at this point? Or are you saying Solari thinks so?

21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Solari.. based on what he said the other day about taking out Bale and substituting him for Isco.. remember we were tied and end up losing that game after Isco came on or we were winning and they tied after the change.

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The argument isn't even about Isco starting anymore. The dude is not even part of the rotation, Solari has no intention of using him at all.

Let's say he has a personal problem with Isco. What's up with this whole facade, petty passive aggressive crap? Have some balls and don't call him up at all. That's why this whole he's putting the best squad to win crap doesn't really fly, because if so, Isco would either be the first off the bench, or should not occupy a bench spot at all.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And this all confirms that Solari should be nowhere near the bench of a first division club.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I agree.. he shouldn't anymore.. perhaps only wants to play him if we are winning comfortably.

25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    So you have the ability to read my mind now? Anyways yes I believe that Bale was better a couple of years ago than he is now.