Peter Bosz and the New Ajax

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    With the transfer window now open and the team in the alps practicing ahead of the CL qualifying round coming up it seems like a good time to start fresh. New Thread and New Manager.

Also, Lucas Andersen to Grasshoppers of Zurich for €1.5M. Andersen signed a four year contract. There may also be some sell on provisions in the contract.

JC-14 repped this.
  2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Shame Andersen was a bit too much of a pussy. Hope Sinkgraven and Nouri do better.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I stopped watching Ajax last year, thanks to de Boer. With Bosz I will be looking forward again to an attacking Ajax team, also filled with Dutch players that can grow into pillars for the NT. Maybe the attacking patterns can carry over. My hope for this season is to see Lartey grab a first team spot. At least make his debut. Also stoked about de Ligt, though he is insanely young for a defender. Lets go.

bunbohue repped this.
  4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You will have to wait a while for that to happen. Of the wingers, only el Ghazi is Dutch. Don't know how Zivkovic will turn out this year (he did have 5 goals yesterday in a 11 v 11 scrimmage). Two Colombians are coming in, one a defender and one a striker. If Milik stays that means 2 foreign #9s and maybe the Dane Dohlberg who is also training with the first team. Other than Guldelj, all the MFs are now Dutch.

Yeah, de Ligt turns 17 next month and that is a little too young. I think Alderwiereld played with the first team when he was 18. The youngest back line player that I know of is Paolo Maldini who got his Milan debut when he was 16! It was only one game but he was a starter at RB the next season when he was 17.

5. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bosz is apparently going to start with the same 11 as Frank de Boer.

One thing I'm really afraid of is that Bosz wouldn't have the balls to be himself at Ajax..

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^If he is of the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" school he won't last long.

BTW, in the first scrimmage Zivkovic scored five goals. He was playing on the first team as was Cerny in place of el Ghazi.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Milik gets three weeks of holiday following Poland's loss in the Euros and won't be available for the first CL qualifying matches according to Bosz. Zivkovic has been having a very good training camp so far which is encouraging.

9. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The new Ajax unable to beat two amateur teams . Worse, we conceded six goals . Should we worry? Or these surprising performance are due to the consequences of physical preparation ? When working endurance, it's hard to find a good rhythm. I hope it's just that. Otherwise, it would be troubling.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched the 2nd half yesterday and other than the good play on the Muric goal it was pretty bad. Lots of poor passing and Viergever gifted a goal as he failed to head the ball away right inside the halfway line. they really need to do better.

I'm giving Boxz the benefit of the doubt until the real games start. He's under an immense amount of pressure and realizes he needs to do something that FdB did not, win by playing attacking football. Milik's agent said yesterday that Milik will stay with Ajax this season (though he could still be sold by August 31 if the money is deemed to great). Ajax about to sign former German international defender Heiko Westermann. Probably a good signing in the same way that Andre Oojier was several years ago.

Rinus127 repped this.
  11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What about Sinkgraven??

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sinkgraven played in the first half as Klaassen was injured. Don't know how he did other than the team did not score.

13. Tete has been convicted for punching a female police officer and sentenced to a few hours communal service.:eek:
    What kind of a message is that to youngsters:confused:

Rinus127 repped this.
  14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Not a good one, that's for sure!!! Ajax should suspend him for a game or two as this kind of behavior should never be tolerated.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If he had assaulted a police officer he wouldn't have gotten off with 30 hours of community service. Officially he has been charged and sentenced for resisting arrest. Every source I've seen speaks of a male officer btw.

Generally speaking, these things don't happen unless you act like a douchebag. I hope he learns from this.

16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax has given him a fine of one weeks salary (€6500) and he has to participate in 3 clinics for children in Amsterdam.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kluivert's tenure as A1 coach is over before it started. He moves on to PSG as technical director. Money rules.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax draw PAOK Saloniki for the CL qualifying round. First match is in Amsterdam on July 26 or 27.

19. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to be one of the tougher crowds in Europe.

20. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The friendly matches vs Gent and Krylya Sovetov have also been lost.

Seems like our players aren't good enough (yet) to execute what Bosz wants.

Van Rhijn is off to Club Brugge for around 1,5 million according to AD.

21. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I hope Bosz has a back up plan ready, his Vitesse side usually took a while before they got going and by that time they were already out of Europe.

22. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Personally think that fee for Van Rhijn is too small.I understand that Tete is a starter but I still that 1.5 is such a little amount unless he was on his last year of contract.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    For the same reason they got a low fee for van der Hoorn. The players are just not good enough.

24. Abhirup

Abhirup Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Kolkata
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    DRB300 repped this.
  25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax take on Olympique Marseille in a friendly this evening. It's scheduled to be televised so streams should be available.