Pescara - AC Milan [R] 5/8/13 - 36a Giornata

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, May 5, 2013.

1. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's way too much. I lost interest. Totti is a legend. I saw him in person last summer. He's great. Zemen is a bum. I don't want him near any team of mine. I think that sums things up really simple and short.

2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Are you trying to fry my brain? :p

I see the Pescara up swing, and well it landed him the job at Roma. I still believe that you can't use a Serie B accomplishment to back up a Serie A argument, and the evidence actually proves that. In B, with a supremely talented squad, he tore it up, in A with a very good squad he stunk. I'm just stating the obvious, at least I think I am.

I'm not going to argue he's good for young attacking players either. Maybe the best place for him is on a youth squad?

And stats are just stats, of course they can be twisted, or at least attempted to be twisted to tell a different story. However with respect to Totti he's really been on the same path. Maybe his fitness is better, not going to argue that, but is that all you want Zeman for? Fitness and 5-6 forwards and 2 defenders? Also, I have watched quite a few Roma matches this season. I think I made this point earlier, and when you have 5 or 6 players in attack at most times, of course it's going to benefit a creative player like Totti. It plays to his strengths, but football is about balance. I really believe that. I'm not a fan of either too defensive or too offensive systems.

And so this doesn't become another essay from me ;) let's just look at one really important stat here

9 wins and 9 losses under Zeman just wasn't good enough.
    7 wins and 3 losses since, is much better.

Zeman is one dimensional, we agree. I just don't think it's good enough in the modern game. If you want to know for sure, give him a team like Man City with all those attackers in a league that tends to play more high tempo. Let's see what Mister can do there. Unfortunately, I just don't think anyone there, or any other big team, is a believer or willing to risk it.

canzano55 repped this.
  3. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    36a Giornata
    RECAP -> Pescara 0 - AC Milan 4
    Goals:​
    0-1 Balotelli @ 9" (P.K)​
    0-2 Muntari @ 33" (Assist Robinho)​
    0-3 Flamini @ 51" (Assist Robinho)​
    0-4 Balotelli @ 57" (Assist Flamini)​
    1st half highlights​