Pes 2011

Discussion in 'Games' started by jcvf90, May 4, 2010.

1. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Here it is:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap8zj3BNYIg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- PES 2011 Announcement Trailer[/ame]

It looks like they heard the masses. The teaser is in game, its not CGI. Looks pretty good.

It seems like for the first time since PES 6, PES will be worth playing again.

2. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for posting this!

Looks like it going to be a much improved game but you never know for sure until it comes out.

3. themaestro

themaestro Member

Nov 9, 2005
    I'll believe it when I see it. Heard the same old stuff from them every summer with little progress in their next gen games.

I'm a PES man, but I've been forced to play FIFA more and more over the last couple of years. I still play PES and I love the classic PES games, but the next gen versions haven't been too good, 2010 is the best of the next gen and I hope 2011 improves just as much. I still love PES and want it to be great again but WC2010 is amazing so I think FIFA11 will also be amazing, hopefully PES can get back, but it will be tough. I still don't love FIFA the way I loved the early versions of PES, but FIFA is fun online, PES online is still a joke.

4. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Totally agree with everything except that highlighted part. Fifa is fun with friends who are willing to play manual. Online you are forced to play with little kids who just ping pong all over the pitch. The WC game with friends is the most fun game since PES 6.

I still play PES 6 as my main football game with patches, I have stadiums for every team, the WC stadiums, all the balls and scoreboards.

Hopefully PES 2011 makes me get rid of PES 6.

5. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    PLEASE tell me how you did the patch thing? I've been wanting to do that for a while now.

This is all great, but PES still focuses on "on the pitch" gameplay but neglect off the pitch features. Master League has improved in terms of Sponsorship, negotiating, cup format etc. but it doesnt allow you to move clubs like FIFA does. This would be great if we could because once you're in a club for so long and win so much, you wanna move to another weaker one to start again., but to do this you have to start a whole new master league. I wish some computing genious could find a way around this with patches!

Also the Be a Legend/Pro isnt as well designed as Fifa's. In Fifa, you can go on to become important to the extent where your influence is high, you can choose who to start/formations etc.

PES will improve once they improve the obvious blunders in gameplay, but they need to look at the main menu.:cool:

6. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :eek::confused:

Become A Legend is far, far, FAR superior to Be A Pro.

7. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    ^^^Not true. It doesn't have the facilities like having control in team formation/tactics and transfers once you get to be captain and all that. The PES version is basically playing and moving around -End of.

8. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Thats the best part. In BAL there is WPOTY of the year, European player of the year. All the trophies to win. There is the WC and the continental tournaments. I think its a better way to play.
    I like BAL better than BAP.

9. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    ^ Wait I didn't get that far. You can play in WC's and Euros in BAL mode?? wow

10. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    And the qualifiers. But first you gotta make it into the team.

11. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Nice! how often did you get picked and after how many years? Which country were you playing for?

12. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I tried for Honduras and for Spain.
    With Honduras I got in for the Gold Cup, which is after the second season.

With Spain I got in for the Euro Championships, which was cool because I had not been called up for the qualifiers, but my performance in La Liga was rewarded with a place on the Spanish NT.

13. DC_United

DC_United Member

May 8, 2008
    I'm still waiting on the option to see myself compared to my co-op buddy so I can finally say I'm the better partner :D

I play a lot with friends and we're always saying "I shot more" or "I passed better" or "tackled better," etc. I want to see an end game menu that shows Player 1: Passes Made, %. Shots Made, %, etc. Player 2: the same.

14. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Since I picked Saudi Arabia as my nationality, I was picked within my first season for the NT and we played a decent World Cup but the coach is a joke. I was subbed in at 60 minutes and was taken off at 65 minutes! In game terms, that's basically 10 seconds of gameplay!

Anyway, PES2010 was a step up but it wasn't what we were hoping for. I really hope they fix passing in 2011. PES2008-2010 players play like a pub team when it comes to passing.

15. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Community mode...:rolleyes: That's what's all about.

Btw this is May gameplay that Konami know about( tried by journalists).. it's expected to be released in October, I must say the camera turns me on.

The game looks pretty ********ing amazing if you ask me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twTHET89dRI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Gameplay - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011[/ame]

16. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    They were recording sound right?

I think it will be pretty good. Are you the same El-CapitanoR7 from WENB?

17. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, that's my evil twin brother. :p

18. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Ahh you PES fanboys crack me up. :p

It seems FIFA 11 is turning heads even with PES lovers. This really is turning out to be one of the most interesting Footy gaming years.

I always get PES for PC and FIFA on console. I really hope the freedom does not mess with PES and the stat driven game it has, specially if FIFA do introduce individualism this year.

19. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am not a PES fanboy, I just think Fifa is shit, I've given it a try and I scored 4 goals against an experienced FIFA gamer. That shit is way too easy for me.People that play PES are people that don't like playing arcadey shit.

I'll give FIFA a try next time too, but they lack the " soul " of true football.

20. MarocFAN

MarocFAN Member

May 18, 2006
    Morocco/Germany
    I'm the same. I tried Fifa 10 once and after 10 min. i couldn't play anymore. It didn't look like real football and the players look all the same. It was just boring.

21. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I was not calling you a fanboy, but WENB has the reputation, I've posted there too, so its cool. :D

And I agree with the bolded statement, and the "soul" comes from two things, the random crap that happens in a PES game that you have to save the replay to show your friends and you watch the replay over and over again, and the individuality, Xavi can pass like Xavi and Terry can pass like Terry, it does not feel the same.

But I think its good for us all that both games are good, because competition will drive the innovation in the games. I wish one more developer would get in, hopefully 2k or someother company decide to come in.

22. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I really hope this game brings me back, I was in denial on the downfall of PES/WE since 2009, but it took this game, and FIFA 10 to show me how good fifa got. I think fifa is better this year for the first time then WE EVER!

The gameplay of FIFA 10 is like the older PES's where i could do pretty plays of on the gruond passing, and make amazing goals. That isnt possible in the PES 2010 of this year. That really was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Until they can get that game play back, where its slower, and passing is smoother, and like it was on PES 6 before.... I will move on to FIFA from now on. :(

23. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm glad they're bringing in online Master League from the arcade version. It was one of the main reasons I would drag myself into an arcade and play Winning Eleven. I just hope they have several more divisions and perhaps a variable difficulty setting that makes certain teams in certain tournaments stronger/weaker (i.e. playing one of the lower Eredivisie clubs who are at the bottom of Div. 2 opposed to playing against Barcelona in the final of the Champions League). It worked a treat at the arcade.

24. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQKAT8z83Jc&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube- PES 2011 E3 Trailer[/ame]!

1 person likes this.