PES 2011 - The Libertadores are finally playable!!!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Bolivianfuego, Sep 13, 2010.

1. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Can I play Boca in Copa Libertedores in the PC version?

2. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Im not saying they should be taken out of the game, they should just not appear in the Copa Libertadores ode, because simply, they didn't make it

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not sure yet, but most likely. I went through the menu, and its split up between european sides and south american sides. I'd imagine both River and Boca are in the south american side, and you will be able to play the libertadores with them.

That would be unfair to those that want to play with their club team even though they didnt make it to the libertadores! :)

Since we dont know who will be in it in 2011 (libertadores), Konami chose the teams from 2010 and some others that probably wanted in (on their team being in the game).

I can't wait to play though, the game play of this PES is fantastic, I can't wait to give the libertadores with Bolivar!!! :)

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Shame there's no Sport Huancayo, to make it epic winning the Libertadores with it. :D

Of course the ideal would be for them to license the whole leagues.

5. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Or at least the popular clubs from each league that didn't make it, for example Millonarios, LDU Quito, Santos, Sporting Cristal, Peñarol and a couple of others.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am sure they'l fix it by 2012 (PES 2012).

Konami is surprisingly open to listening to their fans, and made many big changes, including having the libertadores licenses as a result to the fans screaming at them from here in the US and south america to get on the ball about it.

Personally, my dream would be to make a game seperate for south america and north america.

7. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    When is the dam demo coming out for the PS3 in the US????? Im not sure I wanna create a fake overseas account just for this...especially a master account.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Its EASY to create an account. Trust me! As long as you have another Email ADDY its not hard at all!

Just google too addresses in the UK and use one, and bada-bing you already are 90% done!

9. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Damn where was this when I actually played vidya games?

10. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    when does this come out in the US? is it out now?

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tomorrow. But if you know a gamestop around your area, tonight thye are having a midnight release for a popular game, and I will go in at midnight to get my copy of PES 2011.

12. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    pass on an update. im going to pick it up tomorrow. i have to work tomorrow, so if i pick it up at midnight that would be impossible....

i'm just praying you can play as boca in the copa libertadores mode... but i'm not hopeful... why couldn't they have just gotten the entire argentine league, since they have 8 of the 20 teams? Honestly, how much could sides like Olimpo and Arsenal asked for the liscenses?

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No idea.... but I know the argentine league is being worked on by a member on the other boards... os no worries. Even though you cant play with the whole leauge right away, you will later when he releases his OF (option file) for the PS3.

I will be going in like 45mins to go pick it up. :p

14. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hmmm why i like the game play, i am very confused. i can't play as boca in the copa libertadores and it appears the only south american teams i can play against are river and inter.

i tried to edit leagues so i could put boca, river, estudiantes, etc. into one league and none of the copa libertadores teams are available!!!! :mad:

any suggestions?

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So, wait you got it and can't play the Libertadores now?? :confused:

I just wanna get some feedback from people that got the new one either for Xbox or PS3.

I will probably be picking up a copy this Thurs. :cool:

16. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    im not sure, but i think based on what i read that you can play the libertadores but not online

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I played it at a friend's house for an hour before going to work. Great game. The gameplay is fantastic and I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it to all previous PES fans.

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yup, excellent. I recommend not to install any patches yet (on the PC) since most of them are in the beta stage (whether they admit it or not).

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The game is soooo much fun. I have been playing with bolivar. :p Although they arent great.... its still fun as hell to play a LEGIT copa libertadores!!!!

I am working on a option file right now, and I gauruntee you guys will love it!!! Has all team uniforms, all league names and 'emblems' fixed, so La liga will have official la liga emblem, same with all other leagues.

So happy they gave us this freedom!!!

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i just got the game last night its awesome. I wish I could play in the Copa with River... but hopefully by 2011 they will have more South American teams and will be able to do Master League with them... But the gameplay is incredible... PES is back!!!

although a lot of our players weren't in the game, i had to bring in Roman from Libertad and I create Lamela and Pavone and Affranchino.

PS Its so fun to beat Estudiantes and Velez with River. FINALLY!

21. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Wait, so River is in the game but you can't play Copa Libertadores with them?

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I heard there was an update available for download already. Not sure if it includes them, though.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    You can create your own team once you have enough points.

Also, if you start a Master League, then you can include your ML team in any of the offered competitions. So you start a ML with Boca and then import your ML team (Boca) into the Libertadores.

I'm still exploring (got the PC version). There have been two DLC (that is, official downloadable content) packs so far. Also, when you start it updates to a version dated Sept. 30th 2010 (game says to go to extra content, then you hit the first menu item, "update modpack" or something like that).

The first DLC was released on 12/10/2010 and adds Bundesliga and updates roster, adds boots and fixes some kits. The second DLC was released on 15/10/2010 and adds even more fixed kits, a few teams (mostly in Europe), and fixes the wrong Ireland uniform (problem created by the 12/10/2010 pack). You only need to install the 15/10 since it already contains the 12/10 DLC.

Some issues remain, like sometimes the Premier League logo disappears, and also the Bundesliga has the PES League logo.

Against my own advice I downloaded a user-made patch, PESEdit 2011 Patch v. 0.3 (any version under 1.0 is a beta, but couldn't wait). It's a big file and has a couple of fixes (rev. 2 and a ML fix for the first screen that lacked some buttons). But it's worked great for me, so now I have a ton of stadiums, boots, kits, and all the names and logos are up to date, same for all teams. National teams are just like the last ones that just played those friendlies a week ago.

Also, the package has some improved faces. And another package is being worked on that contains all the national anthems. So far 18 are out already. You can make it very realistic, except for the movement of the players themselves, which is always a bit stiff (particularly when they turn). Also, don't forget to install the last version of the kitserver if you plan to add the anthems (10.0.3). The previous version sometimes loops the songs when you attach the EXE file.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That update is the 'patched' PES 2011 version right? Its not an OFFICIAL Konami Update?

I thiought the PES league was just fake teams and names?