PES 2011 - The Libertadores are finally playable!!!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Bolivianfuego, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey guys, I wanted to make this thread to see who is going to get the game? And also have this thread for all south american users who play the game and love it.

One thing I am pissed about though, Konami really screwed up and hired mexican TV Azteca announcers over going after the argentines that call it on Fox Sports. :(

Also the demo comes out wednesday in UK on the PSN store, for those that are interested you can make a british UK PSN account, and download the demo before US users get to through the US PSN store.

I will, can't wait!!!

2. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Wow!! This will be really exciting!! Finally I can play Boca Juniors against other South American teams!!

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea its gonna be awesome! Only issue for me though is the commentary. I might just have to keep it english or go portugeese.

4. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I heard that brazilian commentary is a new thing on the series. Is it confirmed which teams outside the ones that took part on the Libertadores this year will be on the game?

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm looking forward to this game.. too bad I sold my PS3 a while back. :eek:

This just might convince me to buy a PS3 again: I've been waiting for the Libertadores to be on a video game for the loooongest time. I hear the demo comes out soon on PSN. Let me know how the game is.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They've had it I think for at least a year, I switched it last year to Portugeese cause last years PES 2010 too was TV Azteca guys. :*(

And here is a list of the confirmed teams. Its basically all the teams from 2010 with a little extra teams from other countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2011

Te Fregaste. : p

Yea, just get another one. They are getting cheaper and cheaper, and the new slim ones are sick. WIll go goood with any nice flat screen and furniture setup for the living room. : p

Yes, its tomorrow. You have to start a UK PSN account though, I'll keep you guys updated. If anyone wants instructions on how to do this its pretty easy also. Just let me know.

The two teams from the libertadores you can play with is..... Chivas vs. Internacional! :p Time to whoop that ass with D'alessandro! : p

7. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I am going to get PES for the PC. Most of my games are on PC so it is my preferred platform. Plus its easier mod on PC version.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Guys! The demo is out for the UK PSN Store, and for teh Japaneese PSN store. You can create both accounts. If interested on getting either let me know, and I'll explain how.

But so far, the demo is awesome! The passing system will take some getting used to though....

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am definitely going to buy it, it just makes me mad looking at the teams in the libertadores. Many big teams have been left out, mainly indpendiente, racing, and san lorenzo. they would have sold more copies with these teams in there

No Club America- the most popular mexican team is also strange.

No Penarol. They have Nacional, how can they leave out their mortal rivals?

No Santos means no Neymar, which would have been exciting too.

Hopefully by 2012 they can gain more licenses for South America, but its a good start!

11. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    The reason why is because they are using the 2010 Copa Libertadores teams. Had Independiente, Racing, San Lorenzo, Club America, Peñarol and Santos had made it, they would've been there. I would've bought the game had Peñarol been in it, so I guess its their loss

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yep.

I am sure there will be Option File makers who will make the big teams included also somehow.

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i'm aware, but many small teams made the copa libertadores from a variety of countries. i have plenty of friends who would love to have racing or independiente in the game- lanus is a different story.

its just dumb on their part to license so many small teams just b/c it was a strange year

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well this is their first time dealing with south america, and getting a feel for the tournament and how to do it. It will only get better from here.

15. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I understand, but there's a fine line between a big club and a small club, so they thought this was the only fair way to do it, and I agree with them even though my team is left out. But its unfair how Boca and River still get in despite not having made it.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    *subs* :cool:

Awesome thread. :cool:

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River and Boca have been featured in the last 3 editions of PES, and even before that appeared as unlicensed teams. Even though neither of the two qualified for the Copa Libertadores last year, why would they take them off of the game? :confused:

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Cuz both teams have sucked ass for the last couple of years? Just sayin'.

Fwiw, I like the fact that both are in there. :cool:

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But are they fully licensed this time around? because the first time they appeared they had different names, though the rosters were correct.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL. Yeah, both teams haven't been doing good recently, but why exclude teams that are already licensed from previous editions? The point is to increase the amount of teams each year, not decrease them.

And besides, sales are going to increase because River and Boca are in there: that's the reason they were two of the few South American teams in PES before all these new teams were added.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They have been fully licensed (correct names/full rosters) for the last 3 years and will continue being fully licensed this year as well.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The way it works, Konami works with clubs, and work out a price to get the licenses for their teams.

Konami is nowhere near as big as EA sports of FIFA, so they have trouble affording licenses, and just recently as of getting on the PS3 have they been getting more licenses.

Boca and River were finally licensed in 2008, and continue to be licensed, probably cause htey arent asking for a ton compared to bigger teams in europe and NT's around the world.

They picked it seems the teams from last year that qualified for the Libertadores by default, because their guess is as good as mine or yours on who is going to qualify for next years Copa Libertadores.

On top of that, the extra clubs that got licenses that werent in the libertadores this year, probably just wanted to get their teams in the game, and let konami on for a fee' probaly not much. If your team isnt in the game, get mad at your team most likely instead of Konami.

So its always going to be this way it seems, so you guys better hope the more popular teams continue getting into the libertadores, :p

Its not Konamis fault.

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So how's the PS3 demo man?

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ohhhh man, AMAZING!!!!

Its back dude!!!

The only pain in the ass is re-learning how to do the 'short' game, meaning passing. All passes are like free kicks now, where you have full freeedom to put the ball where ever you put your joystick(like where you point). One bad movement though and it can go out of bounds or to a opposing player. Also too its best to after passing it, to push L1 to go to the guy closest to the ball to run and intercept it.

My favorite thing to do, that is always done in south american soccer and i would do in the old PS2 games, is hold the R2 button back then, which now is R2 and L1, which has the guy step on the ball even at a sprint, which makes the guy stop, and opens up lanes for through balls, and nice passes and plays. R2 also is a great tool for manual cuts and moves. Messi is AMAZING given his quick cuts and stuff. Here are some goals I shared on this PES forum I go to. Check em' out!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_b4DYbaqo"]YouTube - PES 2011 - David Villa Long Range Goal[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doXJ38CJVgI"]YouTube - PES 2011 - 2 Messi Wonder Goals[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmhMzShyLOs"]YouTube - PES 2011 - EDU from Internacional Goal![/ame]

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also I dunno how long it will be before the PSN store releases a PES Demo, but to make a UK account watch this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je4qi_35qBs"]YouTube - Creating an Oversea Account on the PS3[/ame]

And to get a Japaneese Account follow this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hUJ4rrzi9c"]YouTube - How to create Japanese Playstation Network account[/ame]