Peruvian Stadiums - Part 2

Discussion in 'Peru' started by Broncano, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Eso de la pista si da colera.

Seguro salia muy caro bajar un poco la cancha y poner gradas donde estaba la pista.

2. fergon

fergon Member

May 8, 2007
    Milan
    ese era el proyecto inicial.....para 60 000 personas:(

3. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
  4. locotl

locotl Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    florida
    Propio porque Velasco se los regalo..... y SC ni puede llenar el San Martin imaginate si se van a un estadio afuera de la ciudad.

5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    los peruanos no van a los estadios

no constantemente, no tenemos cultura de estadio, como los alemanes, americanos o ingleses

los alemanes llenan sus estadios y no importa el rival, igualmente los ingleses

AL#7 repped this.
  6. AL#7

AL#7 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Me sorprendio ver que en los partidos de la MLS los estadios estan llenos. News to me.

7. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    Seattle's attendance is pretty impressive. Last year they averaged 43,144 per game, not bad considering they don't have any real international superstars like Beckham or Henry.. I think the only players in their ranks that people might recognize is Mauro Rosales and Obefami Martins.

[​IMG]

Portland
    [​IMG]

and Kansas City tampoco se quedan atras
    [​IMG]

San Jose Earthquakes are in the process of building their own stadium, chiquito nomas yo creo que algo asi seria bueno para Cristal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
  9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I do think it is economically driven

10. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    wow.. Brazil/Argentina didnt make the list

11. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    It can be misleading, one interesting thing to look at would be what's the average ticket price for a game per league, I know I can get fairly cheap tickets to go watch the Revs. Economy driven? I think so.

12. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    True, when I go to Red Bull Arena I usually get tickets in the supporters section for $22. I think sideline tickets go for about $80 or so.

Another impressive Seattle stat.. more than 50,000 tickets sold for their home match this saturday against Vancouver, another team with no superstars.
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/sound...ld-for-saturdays-home-game-against-vancouver/

I think if Peruvian clubs made their stadium experience better and a little more family friendly more people will come out to see the games.

el Rafaa repped this.
  13. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Yo he ido a matute contadas veces con mi viejo cuando venia de visita. Siempre me parecia un lugar bien feo afueras del estadio y por eso ibamos con varias puntas. Ahora de adulto, no iria porque hay mucha delincuencia por la victoria y marcas por todo el lado.

Es simplemente por eso que la gente no va a los estadios en LIMA. Por la delincuencia y punto.

Ahora, en las provincias, me imagino que la gente no va porque casi todos los equipos son intrascendentes.

14. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    yo he vivido desde los 10 anos aca en usa el ano pasado fui a mchos partidos en matute solo y o pasa nada ahh, si es peligroso pero mayormente si sales con toda la mancha del estadio no te pasara nada, antes de los 10 anos mi tio me llevavbab a todo los partidos en matute entonces me acordaba mucho de lo que hacia cuando era un nino

15. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia

Yeah and it's not just how cheap tickets are, it's the economy of the entire society.

I've been to almost 10 Dynamo games and I can safely say that a good 50% of the people there don't know the rules of the game and 70% can't name more than 3-4 of the Dynamo players.

You go to Peru and those numbers are probably 10% and 30%, tops.

The US is an very rich country where consumption is a way of life. Catching a game is a social occasion and you go to hang out with friends, drink a few beers, eat hot dogs and be entertained for a couple of hours.

In Peru, you go to a game because you care very much about your team and want to see how they do and to help them win by cheering for them. Being entertained is way in the back of most people's minds.

locotl and el Rafaa repped this.
  16. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Germany and England are completely different cases

they know the game and generally pack the stadium to support their team regardless of the opposition

and in England tickets are not cheap (Germany I believe has affordable prices)

el Rafaa repped this.
  17. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Even though MLS is right up there with Germany and England, I bet television rights $$ are not at all comparable, yet MLS is still finding a way to make their "product" profitable, I'll never see la "U" as a product but I wish they were ran with that kind of vision.

18. xisco7

xisco7 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Washington, D.C.
    From an article in the Financial Times...

Andrea Agnelli, Juventus president, on the state of Italian football. I'm posting this here because of the parallel we can draw between present day calcio and the backwardness of Peruvian football.

Not unlike the Peruvian league, only Juve owns its own stadium in Serie A.

19. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    I think this is the most important part:

People in a constantly shrinking economy don’t want to pay full whack.

Germany and England have much healthier economies than Italy. People have more money, they'll spend more. Shit, I grew up in the 80s and, at least around San Martin de Porres, brand-name sneakers were VERY rare. Most everyone wore those little small white canvas sneakers.

Nowadays, and for the past decade at least, I see everyone wearing Nikes and Adidas, even in the poorest neighborhoods. Some might be a little old but they're still wearing them.

The economy gets stronger, standards of living go up and things fall into place.

20. xisco7

xisco7 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Washington, D.C.

Agreed. As purchasing power increases people will stop buying inferior goods. However, I think that people in Peru are overwhelmingly purchasing brand name durable goods. Things like a nice washer/dryer, stove, car, tv, cell, etc...

And so I think that "bamba" sporstwear will continue to be a problem for clubs for some time.

Sorry, I forgot to post the link:

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/8767cc64-ad44-11e2-b27f-00144feabdc0.html#slide0

21. staafros

staafros Member

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    el Rafaa repped this.