Per our policy, rep was cleared today...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jul 13, 2005.

1. TTweLLMan

TTweLLMan New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Middleboro MA
  2. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans

All systems can fail, from computers to sports to elections to governments.

Someone on this site could see what I have written above and deem it anti-Bush and give me a negative rep for it, while someone else might see it the other way and positive me, but would that be sensible? The problem seems to be the frequency with which people hand them out. I don't want to sound like I'm on my high horse, but what I'm about to write may seem that way. On the West Ham board we had an influx of about 30 people last Sept/Oct from the Soccernet boards, which were useless (by the way, BS is an awsome site to whom ever it concerns) and none of the 'new' posters have any of the nipples. We have two moderators there (Perthing and Panic) who do and they are respected for their knowlege of what can and can't be done and how to conduct yourself to get the maximum out of this forum. I don't think any of us see the system as impotant compared to sharing views on our team but it is nice to recieve a note when you have said something funny or worthwhile, and alot more rewarding than, say, if I was to get kudos for saying Millwall are W@NKERS!!!
    All in all the system works for us and if anything the number of Reps your allowed to give should be limited to two per month just so the reps given are truely worthwhile.
    P.S. If you are thinking our forum is small, the only teams to have more posts are Arsenal, Man. U. Chelsea (Glory, Glory) and Liverpool, who have loyal support.
    Thanks NOH

3. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans

It was mentioned earlier, Your worth as a BS poster. Whats the worth of someone who has not posted in six months?

4. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    exactly. it keeps your current activity the relevant activity

5. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm...tempted to neg rep you for this rule. ;)