Perú vs Venezuela- Copa América 2011 Third Place Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Peru - National Team' started by elperucho, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Agreed they did really good this game. Great experience for them this Copa.

2. Vonnegut

Vonnegut Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I was thinking the same thing!

Forlan won the best player award and his team placed third in the World Cup. Guerrero imo deserves the same recognition!

and to think only a month or so back some were talking about benching Paolo :rolleyes:

3. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Well, we played Venezuela.

They've improved a lot and are definitely not the worst team in South America anymore, but they're still not quite "good." We're still above them.

I hope we don't become too Paolo dependent, either. He's made of glass so you know there'll be at least a few games he'll miss because of injuries.

4. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Lets not downplay Venezuela so fast. They have improved by a large margin. They have been in process longer than us for sure and in our past few matches against them we had a lot of trouble playing them and even losing. But our process began 1 year ago under El Mago and we have taken a big step forward. Under El Mago we may be able to surpass Venezuela's progress thus far but thats yet to be determined. I can only hope we get out of last place this upcoming WCQs. Looking good hermanos :)

5. AL#7

AL#7 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Tell that to Chile, Paraguay, Brazil and Ecuador:D

On a serious note, their work in recovering balls and their stamina is very remarkable.

6. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Yeah, they played to the absolute maximum of their capacity this tournament. They simply cannot play any better.

We also played to close to our very best... with the players we have. Add Pizarro, Farfan, Cachito, Zambrano and a few others and we can do some things if we keep this level up.

7. passat1976

passat1976 Member+

Oct 19, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Peru en una imagen para la historia... Un 3er puesto bien merecido... GRANDE PERU!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDCKGfYzCMI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDCKGfYzCMI[/ame]

8. Vonnegut

Vonnegut Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Today's final result is very deceiving. Anyone who didn't see the game, but saw the final result would think Venezuela was no match for Peru but that wasn't the case.

The last two goals are thanks to Paolo Guerrero but mainly thanks to Venezuela's obvious lack of defense.

There was a time in the game where it looked like Venezuela was coming with the equalizer, and Peru was lost in the back field.

Anyone know when they'll name el mejor jugador de la Copa America?

9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yeah for a while there it seemed they were close to the draw

10. passat1976

passat1976 Member+

Oct 19, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Tremenda narracion de la TV Arabe... Estos conchesumares son peruanos!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofqnhQLC_Cs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofqnhQLC_Cs[/ame]

11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    read in the bayern forum that Rincon was named player of the tournament

12. AL#7

AL#7 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ojo que el pase para el segundo gol lo metio Guevara, el pelon Nunez se equivoco! Seguro con esto se va a Chile y le cae alguito al Boys.

13. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    That's just the internet voting for Golden Boot. Cabineros venezolanos did their job, apparently

Official site doesn't have anything yet

http://www.ca2011.com/premios_mostvaluableplayer.php

14. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Y ahora que dicen los que le daban con palo a Advíncula?

me encantaría ver como los hizo saltar en el cuarto gol con la jugadaza que se mandó

15. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    tamare me perdi el partido x la chamba..?nadie tiene un link para ver el partido de nuevo?? Gracias.

16. Vonnegut

Vonnegut Member

Jul 8, 2010
    "COPA AMERICA'S BEST PLAYER - LG TROPHY
    This award will be presented to the player that stood out throughout the competition and will be chosen by the Press Committee and the journalists who attend the grand final of the Copa America, on July 24. The Press Committee, before the final match, will give a list of 10 possible names that stood out throughout the tournament, among them journalists will vote on the winner."

17. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  18. passat1976

passat1976 Member+

Oct 19, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    A menos que el conshesumare del reclamon de Luis Suarez haga dos goles, el jugador de la Copa America es Paolo Guerrero y por lejos.

Si no lo gana, la prensa internacional are a bunch of biased hijos de p...

19. Vonnegut

Vonnegut Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I think if Guerrero wouldn't of made 3 goals today, he probably could have gotten this award.

But this guy was a true leader and a major factor on why Peru got as far as it did. I've watched all the other games Copa America had to offer, and the only name that stands out next to Guerrero would be Muslera or Lugano from Uruguay? and well Paraguay's futbol has been depressing but I guess a candidate from that team HAS to be a defender...

Goleador de Copa Ameirca and El mejor Jugador... too much

20. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    gracias man

21. FROADS

FROADS Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    If uruguay wins tomorrow with a clean sheet, then it'd most likely be Muslera to take the MVP. I personally think that Guerrero deserves it without a doubt..

I wish Chiroque was in his 20s.. Guy is too dope, hopefully if we make it to Brazil, Mago takes him too.

22. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eTC9AgoHbE"]‪Peru Vs Venezuela ( 4-1 ) All Goals & Full Match-third place 23/7/2011Copa America 2011High Quality‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Download it before Traffic takes it down

23. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Alguien tiene que hacerse un .GIF del saltito del mago. URGENTE! :D

24. passat1976

passat1976 Member+

Oct 19, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Miren al colorao, ya se sube el bandwagon de Advincula :D

Advincula demostrando que es un jugador para usarlo en el 2do tiempo.. No esta para titular.

25. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Revisa mis posts compadre, siempre me parecio buena alternativa dentro de las limitaciones que tiene.

Ahora veo que a ti te parece buena alternativa también.... Quieres que revise tus posts sobre el "zambito"? :rolleyes: