Pep Talks Not Working - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Weigel is basically on the out. Rues is playing behind the Striker right now in the Mata role when he was behind us. Götze is better again and they still have Dahoud.

Their loaded and got better. It's possible Weigel stays at CB too where he's been playing. Alcacer has been great for them too.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Woah, Dortmund quietly made Alcacer a permanent move in February - originally a loan from Barca for 23m.

What the ******** are we doing here.

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We just extended Giroud. Keep Up!

JimWharton and Brock Hannsen repped this.
  4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thorgan is who he is at 26. He’s a good player but he isn’t special. To me it’s a sign that they are looking at more present day then just future sales which is smart for them their too a big a club for that to be a needle moving signing.

5. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Villa beat Derby 2-1 to earn promotion back to the Premier League. Overall they deserved it and were better for much of the match. A late flurry saw derby getting close but villa's tactics in the day were much better.

Sad for Frank and so forth but thought mount played well. Wasn't as impressed with tomori and tammy was average.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So do people still want Frank or even JT over Sarri?

lobomojo repped this.
  7. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JT is just a first year assistant coach....no thanks. Lamps had one decent season but I like him teamed up with Jody. More potential with that duo but also not the answer.

8. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Frank + JT please.

lobomojo repped this.
  9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pass. I’d rather a coach with better experience especially when we aren’t going to give them time or backing in the window. Say what you want about them being Chelsea and getting more time but I call bs until we actually see it.

10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is mostly how I feel. My heart on the other hand says ******** it, we go with Frank as gaffer and Jody and JT as assistants, with Carlo Cudicini sticking around and us bringing in another former player who's an assistant. I'm all in.

11. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    oui, Si (mm kemboard kem between t and u suddenlm onlm comes out "m" ???)

Lamp more as good a time as anm though i would take an untrained monkem over sorri

12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1987 truefan420, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    I know you’re trying to exaggerate to make a point but don’t be a fool. This season has been a lot of up and down. But we finished 3rd and made two finals. The club is consistently shooting ourselves in the foot. Look at the Conte exit and Sarri hire. That’s not how you set up someone to win. We need to pick a coach back him and give em a chance to actually build something. This team won on a spine that doesn’t exist anymore. We need to rebuild it top to bottom. It doesn’t have to be Sarri but just firing him won’t fix anything but rather add to the issues. No top coach will come here.

Wrath repped this.
  13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It won’t end well but I understand. We need to fix everything from the top down.

14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1989 lobomojo, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" Mark Twain

upload_2019-5-28_10-11-16.jpeg

Being the last man standing at a Russian Roulette
    Tournament does not an SAS genius make, we finished 3rd by pure luck and happenstance, and only a (well I won't stoop to your level) could watch this team this season and see promise in the sorri way. Hopefully it changes tomorrow but the guy is 789 years old and has won absolutely nothing. And for all the talk of boring Jose and boring Conti this was by far the most dreadful, dull sideways crap served up at the Bridge this century.

We are not with Scouse or City but this crap that we are near Huddersfeld is silly, 90% plus of this team has at least two League titles; we need a striker and better depth but there is no way we should not compete with the rest and beat most, nor should this squad set 2-3 decades long record breaking losses.

And for 6 million quid a year we can have plenty of takers better than sorri, who have actually won more than a participation trophy, and "no one good will come" is not a positive rational to keep a sorri,not good coach - shite may as well take a chance on an up and comer, preferably one of our own

(my "y" key works today but now my number key between 4 and 6 spits out an "a" ???, on two different keyboards, driving me crazy, sorri or poltergeists, which to blame)

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am still undecided on Sarri. BUT the City and Bournemouth games - 6-0 and 4-0 were really difficult to take and his unwillingness to change or modify anything. The arrogance and stubbornness of a coach who has never won anything. All that sideways passing was irksome. Without Hazard we would not have finished in the top 4.

Did he "lose" the dressing room? The players don't seem to have too much love for him. Kepa publicly dismissed him in the League Cup Final. Losing on penalties in that final when we could have won within the 90 mins had we been a little more ambitious and creative.

Jury still out. Sarri being linked with many jobs back in Italy.

lobomojo repped this.
  16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the quote and to be clear the fool comment isn’t about wanting him out. It’s about the untrained monkey comment replacing him.

It wasn’t pure luck tho. We had some good moments this seasons as well as bad ones.

This was no where near as bad as our second season under Mou where we finished mid table.

As for takers at 6 mill. Sure sign me up but there aren’t plenty better than him that will line up when they won’t be backed by the board and are going to get fired in a years time. There’s a reason why Juve are linked to him he’s a good coach.

If we don’t fix our problems as a club it doesn’t matter who our coach is. The spin that was special is aged out. We aren’t building our teams like we use to. We have to fix theses issues now or we won’t be a top side competing for the title or UCL each year.

17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What a a shite penner lol, even scouse ar admitting it was dodgy at best

hoping for massive handbags with both teams forfeiting and everybody red-carded

EruditeHobo repped this.
  18. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Still the only team in London with the European cup.

19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A particularly dreadful game of football but after the semi finals, was unlikely to be anything else. Congratulations to liverpool and I expect with that trophy under his belt klopp can go on something of a run.

Poch on the other hand still has as many trophies as a manager as Frank lampard.

20. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Congratulations to Pool. Well deserved and probably the best team in Europe even if they didn't really play well today. Sat back after the goal and defended brilliantly which showed their maturity in the tournament. Spurs looked very nervous playing their first fine but had a good showing. Pity Poch benched Moura who got them into the finals for a hardly fit Kane. Also, VVD was class today.

21. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    they make me sick

22. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

lobomojo and Blueallthru repped this.
  23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was such a terrible match. Liverpool deserved it, though. Good win for them. They have a great team.

Spurs had the second-most losses in the competition after AEK Athens. Maybe the worst finalist team in the history of the competition and a real embarrassment to the tournament.

Not sure why the PK is being so hotly debated. It's a PK in any game at any time.

24. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Being debated, really? It was clear as day. Sissoko can't expect to wave his hands like an aeroplane in the penalty box and expect not to be penalized. Mane took advantage of the position of his arms which was smart. There is a reason players tie their hands behind their back in the box.

Blueallthru repped this.
  25. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Then maybe it’s the rule that should be debated. Sissoko didn’t appear to be attempting to gain any advantage. He was pointing to give direction to a teammate. When Mane kicked the ball, Sissoko tried to bring his arm back into an acceptable position to avoid the ball. The ball, struck at close range, caromed off his chest, then retreating arm. The refs should be reserving hand balls for the most egregious offenses. They have VAR. That call was incredibly impactful.

Yahtzee and lobomojo repped this.