Pep Talks Not Working - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Come on liverpool (I guess).

Ugh. Ugh.

Need a shower now.

truefan420 repped this.
  2. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Must be my youth (as a Chelsea fan), but I also don’t mind either team. Most my ire is directed at Arsenal and Man U (and Man City, to a lesser degree). I didn’t love them in the Suarez days, but I like watching Liverpool play now and I’m a fan of Harry Kane and Christian Erickson (plus a bunch of US players have played for Spurs). The only drawback is a guy I know who’s a huge Liverpool fan is a little much when they’re winning.

3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You must be the only Chelsea fan I have ever met that doesn't have anything but complete and utter contempt for Topscum :), we must NEVER forget 67! I hate Liverpool with a passion (them and Man U are the media darlings in the UK & always have been which piss*s off a lot of people here) BUT c'mon its Spurs! I am simply going to completely ignore the CL this year, in my eyes, it aint happening (might even take the Mrs shopping that day) but IF I had a gun to my head and asked to choose a winner it would have to be the bin dippers cos u know...........Sp*rs!

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll be pulling for Liverpool. I think Mane is a special player as is Salah. I do like Klopp and his style of football. It's fun to watch and he's assembled a very good squad there. Van Dijk is overrated, but a decent player, but the whole team is solid. Robertson is crazy good and Trent-Alexander is only 20 and already a legend.

I'd love Klopp to be our manager and I can see how the whole city is behind him.

Also, Liverpool is owned by the Red Sox so if they win, it's kinda like the Yankees losing. But not really at all.

Wrath repped this.
  5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We are the ONLY London club to win the Champions League and I would like that to remain so. But this is truly a satanic occurrence - Liverpool and Spurs in the final - I will not be watching. Cricket is a very appealing sport this time of year.

I feel that both teams should be disqualified as neither side has actually won the league in such a long time. It is just wrong.

Dtrip77 repped this.
  6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All I can say about this final is that it'll be more entertaining than an all Italian team final (Looking at you, 2003).

That said, I wish neither team would win.

7. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't mind Pool winning it. They are the top team in Europe currently and are playing like that.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Why doesn't Championship doesn't have away goal rule?

9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Entertaining game though. Derby 3-2 up on the day, 3-3 on aggregate, dirty leeds down to ten men after a dirty challenge.

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And Derby go 4-2 up!! Been all over dirty leeds the past few minutes and hit a post when clear through. C'mon Supah!

Frank and JT face off in the final as it stands :)

Blueallthru repped this.
  11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Full time. Derby through to face Villa.

LOLeeds.

Blueallthru repped this.
  12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    JT vs Frank :)

13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m pulling for Derby and Frank. He’s the HC, would love to see Duane Holmes I the EPL, Derby has a good history and I’ve never been a fan of Villa. Plus if he makes it up and we dont have a ban I’d love to send Frank some players to get EPL ready.

14. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    they'd only be able to take one unfortunately.

Blueallthru repped this.
  15. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Mount is ready to replace Barkley as a legit rotational player but if we land Countinho who can play wing and cam I’d rather he get more PT elsewhere, If we land a ST I’d send Frank Tammy, can’t spell his name but the CB. Reece James should stay with us as back up RB that might be able to take the starting role by year end. If there is ban I’d keep them minus the CB.

16. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i'd agree with pretty much all of that. though i'm not entirely on the coutinho train, i wouldn't be all that upset if he came either. i'm not really sure what position he'd be best at here, we need him in the front 3, and i say that because i'd like RLC to continue as our two way and more attacking midfielder.

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We play a lot of games. Coutinho, Cho and Pulisic can rotate through the 2 winger spots with Pedro as the 4th. Coutinho and Pulisic can move to CAM when we need to chase a game late or if we’re playing a weak team that we’ll need to break down.

Midfield would be Kanté-Jorgy-RLC with the worst of 3 coming off for one of the above in a game we’re chasing. Depth behind them is subpar. Barkley is meh and that’s it. Don’t see Ampadu as a CM but rather a CB.

18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shame the fa cup final is on espn+. Masterclass from city playing with freedom and swagger. Chasing the record final score of 6-0.

Hertfordshires finest not in this at all

PS 6-0 down, after the solo record of 7. Wow.

PPS there is literally a blue moon tonight too
    https://www.rt.com/news/459685-blue-moon-event-may-decade/

Yahtzee repped this.
  19. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad Watford didn't get that penalty in the first half... then they'd have only lost 6-1.....

20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummed that the Derby vs Villa promotion game is Monday and espn+ like damn

21. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Dortmund sign Julian Brandt and Thorgan Hazard in one day. Holy shit.

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brandt is a great get for them. Hazard is meh. But he’s at least a seasoned pro.

23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thorgan is a quality player at only 26. Tons of experience already and a member of a stacked national team.

Dortmund also just signed Nico Schulz from Hoffenheim yesterday.

Sarcasm Bot and Blueallthru repped this.
  24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thorgan had one of the best seasons in the Bundesliga this year. He's a huge get for Dortmund. They have Sancho and now Brandt and Hazard. That is a loaded attack.

25. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I imagine Reus will play in the central striker role more now. Their midfield is really good. They have Weigl, Witsel, Delaney, and so on.