Pep Talks Not Working - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yanited would be insane to keep him. Honestly, he's a shadow of himself. They've invested far too much to let him ruin that squad. I'd can him soon in hopes that someone can come in and have a good go and keeping the likes of Pogba around.

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interesting watching supah with young Mount on the field...

lobomojo repped this.
  3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get Neville* in there... let's really take the sledgehammer to this thing.

* - PHIL Neville

Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think there is only one person in the world that would not class getting knocked out on penalties as a loss. It is absolutely bizarre that this is a position even one person can take. The fact it was tied at 90 minutes is no counter to the fact that the match was lost.

If anyone wants to be the second person to say that Utd did not lose today, please be my guest :)

Direct quote for reference:
    "I'm obviously sad with going out, but we didn't lose the match, which I think is important for us and the penalty shootout is always what we know."

lobomojo and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with JM and it's also why I say that England has won every world cup for the past 60 years.

I, like Jose, don't know the MEANING of the word 'lose'* :)

* As well as 'peripatetic', 'legerdemain' and 'stubble'. That last one I find especially tricky, causing me to scratch my unshaven chin where the hairs are rather short. However, I am confident the meaning will come to me at some point :)

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So happy for Lampard and Mount.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Naughtius Maximus and Blueallthru repped this.
  8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly I don't even care if we get knocked out of the Cup by Pool anymore. Just knowing that Man U lost to freaking Derby County and Frank Lamps is more joy than I could have hoped for out of this tournament.

9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The details in this Ronaldo story are pretty vile. Not even going to make a joke, just vile. Not judging innocence or guilt but this one will run for a while I think (first broke a year or so ago but the latest development is the accuser is named which changes things).

Details on deadspin and other places if you're unfamiliar with it, rather not post it here for obvious reasons.

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't seen this but just took a look and fvck that's messed up. Who knows how it plays out in court but the court will likely never know the truth wether innocence or guilty

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As a father of both a daughter and a son, I find this appalling. Not to get political, but this is ugly. Ugly. Have to back the accuser.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    United losing to West ham, damn.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Jose is gone by Xmas.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure I saw this posted anywhere but supah is coming home in the 4th round of the league cup. Chelsea v derby.

Blueallthru repped this.
  15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yeah he is having a Mourhino season. it won't get better for United until he leaves.

I wonder who will get the job? Zidane? I just cannot see Zidann in the job there.

16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's 100% gonna be Zidane. United has the money and players to compete now and offer him the same platform that Real did.

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia and Man U draw. Should buy Mou some more time.

18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Latest talk is conte. Time will tell.

19. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jose needs a break. He needs to reinvent himself with new coaching staff and tactics. Probably won't happen because of his ego.

Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just don't see it. Conte isn't the brand of soccer they want to play. It's part of the reason they didn't hire Mou sooner. Their defensive in nature. I suspect it will be Zidane.

21. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Zidane doesn’t speak very good English and that squad is a mess. Why would he go there?

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The talent is there and they offer a platform like real. Plus they'll spend for him. Plus everyone wants a taste of the epl.

23. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    The talent isn't really there, it's not particularly cohesive and the league is massively competitive. It's not a great situation, especially for someone that doesn't speak much English. There's also no indication he wants to get back into management right away.

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're crazy if you don't think the talent is there.

25. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There's talent but how much? Pogba is superb, de gea has been huge for years and you can make a case for some of the others as well. But I dont think there's title winning talent there.

And why would zidane come in for less given the riches he had at Madrid and what he could walk into at juve (the lack of competition in serie a has to be appealing at the very least)? I also dont see zidane giving up his year long break to walk into a tyre fire and his obvious history with the Old Lady.

Utd have problems at the back and as much as it must be annoying having jose constantly harping on about it he's not wrong that they failed to strengthen there over the summer. They also give fellaini meaningful minutes which, to be fair, he often justifies, but no team with title aspirations starts him.

Could a different manager get more out of the current squad? Certainly. I think many players are surpressed. But I'm not sure that zidane is the best fit nor that he really would want it.