Pep Talks Not Working - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They are just so poor defensively and his high line is exasperating the issue.

2. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I am not as engaged (on forums or in person) with football these days so I don't think I can talk about what the general feeling is.

My target for the season was 80 points and reaching the QFs in the CL and those still appear achievable. City massively underperformed last season and them getting to 90+ points this season is to be expected, and should not be used to bash Jose.

That said, I do feel like Jose has never really settled in Manchester (he is still staying at the Lowry alone) and I can see a mutually agreed exit at the end of the season and he can join PSG, a team that is more ready to win the CL. Given that his job appears to be a short-term one to bring us back into the top 5-10 teams in Europe, any concerns around the style aren't as relevant. It would be more so if it appeared that he was at United for the long run.

Blueallthru repped this.
  3. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lukaku faces no ban over trying to kick out (twice) at that Brighton defender. He will conveniently be available for the games against Arsenal and Citeh.

4. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Emenalo is Monaco's new sporting director. Sounds like their "old" one might be heading our way too. Not sure what to make of it all really

5. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was conveniently cleared. Imagine if Costa had done.

6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Worst kept secret. Good for him. We'll see what he can do in a less comfy situation.

Don't know about Antonio Cordon, Monaco's director who left this summer. Spent 17 years at Villareal, 1 with Monaco.

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    His recruitment at Villareal was off the charts before he left. Samu, Bakumbu, Manu, Musacchio, Denis Suarez, Mario Gaspar, Bailly, etc. That doesn't include the youth side either which has produced quite a few senior players over the last 5 years.

If he's part of that, yeah, I'm in.

8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep.. though I generally don't like the Costa comparisons as he is a serial offender/hot head, Lukaku getting cleared here is insane. Oh well.

9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And he definitely checks off the experienced box rather than the crony box. If it pans out this way, I'm happy.

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Given his recent form, that may not necessarily be a positive for us especially with Zlatan fit and Martial's form when he plays as a striker.

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Always liked Martial as a striker. Has just as high of a ceiling as Lukaku IMO. Honestly probably has a better all round game too.

12. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Overall ceiling?

Miles higher than Lukaku. If he gets it right, there's a consistent Ballon d'or top 10 level player in him.

Blueallthru repped this.
  13. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am sure CIty would have played till the 106th minute if they hadn't scored. Pretty obvious who the FA wants to win.

cr7torossi repped this.
  14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Rather them then United.

Wrath repped this.
  15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i tuned in for the last 10 minutes or so, i'm not sure if the 5 minutes was reasonable or not, but as much as i want to complain about it, the shot released pretty much right at the 5 minute mark and city were clearly threatening at that point. perhaps one more clearance would have seen the whistle blow, but as it was, i don't think the ref could have blown it and honestly i'm shocked he played advantage because KDB was fouled on the pass to sterling and most players would have clearly wanted a free kick there instead of a play on. at the end of the day it was just a brilliant shot as frustrating as it is for everyone else that's not a city fan. and from Sterling of all players. whats happened to him lately.

City are clear favorites, all i'm hoping for is that they don't break some of Chelsea's records, but they way things are going it looks like they may completely blow past them.

cokeyounut repped this.
  16. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Plastic :thumbsdown:

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    You think I want Jose to win with another English team?

cr7torossi repped this.
  18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Let's all laugh at Arse.

19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather laugh at Jose and get to go level on points.

Blueallthru repped this.
  20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I agree with @truefan420.

With that said. Arsenal will always be Arsenal. They get their fans hopes up, and then shit the bed the first opportunity they have to be truly competitive.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Yes, a draw would be great, but we either separate from the pack or not.....so either win is fine.

That said, United are super lucky to be up 2.

22. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lol good one Pogba. No derby for you

23. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's a really intelligent player, until he isn't. Have seen both sides for sure today.

24. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This game reminded me of our old games with Arsenal. They used to huff and puff all game only to have Drogba sucker punch them. De gea has been fantastic though.

cr7torossi and Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.