PBP: Brasil - DPRK [R]

Discussion in 'Group F' started by nsa, Aug 9, 2008.

1. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the half, Marta turned two 'keeper mistakes into a 2-0 advantage for Brasil

2. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daniela poached the first one.

The DPRK 'keeper (O. U. Suk ?) almost gifted a third in the 49th minute. :eek:

DPRK has a good counterattack but no finishing.

3. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    94': Brasil 2-1 DPRK

And the referee gives about 6 seconds after the kickoff so DPRK has no chance to pull back the second.

The cynical flopping and hacking by Brasil is a disgrace. They show great flair with the ball in possession, but should have lost a player or two to cards.

4. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good game. North Korea didn't really get it going till it was too late but when they are on they are one of the best techincal sides in the world. I'd dare say their offensive technique is ever better than the U.S. BUT the U.S. arguably has more speed and power.

Brazil is just very impressive and if they wanted to push it they probably could've scored more. It's going to be very tough for the U.S. to beat Brazil.

5. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    If Korea got a little tougher finishing (and magically grew taller), they'd be almost impossible to beat. I've noticed the ease with which they often took the ball from the Brazilians. Their passing can be pretty damn flawless. Very fun and exciting team to watch.

6. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, N.Korea was the only team to score on Hope Solo in the last Women's World Cup. I think that's right.

I remember the U.S. defenders claimed that they had never been so exhausted in their life from chasing them! LOL!