Paulo Roberto Falcão is back!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by SoccerScout, Apr 8, 2011.

1. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    After Inter's rediculous loss against Jaguares in which the team seemed dead on the field the much hated , dispised coach Celso Roth was finally (today) fired. Roth should have been fired after the Mazembe fiasco at the Club World Cup but incredibly was not sacked. After anothr 4 months of crappy results he finally got the boot.

And who is taking over? Inter legend Paulo Roberto Falcão, which last coach in 1994 the Brazilian National team basicly setting up the team for Parreiras 94 WC win.

Falcão since them has benn Brazils #1 TV commentator but last year decided to focus on getting back as a coach. Inter fans have wanted this for a while. The 8th King of Rome as he is known in Italy should be signing later today or tomorrow with Inter and I think this is what we needed. Those that follow Inter know that Celso Roth is a waste of oxigen. 20 Years as a coach and has won little more than a few Regional Cup and the 2010 Libertadores but only coaching the last 4 games...as the first 10 were under Fossati.

Welcome back Rei de Roma!!

2. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Every team that plays Jaguares in the afternoon seems dead on the field.

Your playing in the Jungle and in the dreaded heat and humidity. Inter should have lobbied to play the game at night, once the game was scheduled in the afternoon there was only going to be one winner.

Every team in Mexico hates going to Chiapas.

As far as Falcao goes, hopefully watching and commentating football for so long taught him a thing or two, cuz he sure as hell didn't do a good job with America in the early 90s.

3. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Interesting Panfilo about the day games there.

4. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chiapas has butfkd just about every big team while playing there...

there schedule is so fkd up, idk why the fmf lets them play in that weather...its borderline dangerous to the players

5. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    If you didnt have the pleasure of seeing Falcão play WATCH this video...the best minutes you can spend watching youtube :)

Falcão one of the best ever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-R3IQbn9Fs"]YouTube - Paulo Roberto FALCAO compilation (SC Internacional, AS Roma, Brasil)[/ame]

6. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ????

why this video??

I thought you were hiring Falcão as a coach, not as a player. The videos from him playing wont really matter in this topic.

7. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm wondering if Falcao will be a good fit. Everytime I read something about him he's advocating a more expansive game- will this mesh with the successful, more pragmatic Inter approach? Also, he hasn't coached in a long, long time. I hope he does well.

8. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Actually, Falcao coached Brazil in 1991.
    He hasnt had anything with parreira's team in 1994.

But i believe he will be an awesome coach for inter

9. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Why? Because the thread is mine and it's about Falcão and he is the greatest player to come out of a Rio Grande do Sul team and everyone should see the clip...thats why.

10. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Why? Because the thread is mine and it's about Falcão and he is the greatest player to come out of a Rio Grande do Sul team and everyone should see the clip...thats why.

Falcão debuts as coach Saturday (today) in the Gauchão. He has stated he want an attacking team, playing beautiful soccer with seriousness. He also wants a more compact team, where players are closer to each other. While attacking Inter will be a 4-3-3 with D'Alessandro in the left wing, Damião up the middle and Sobis on the right wing. While defending D'Ale will fall back into a 4-2-2.

Inter's golie Lauro got hurt and will miss 2 games including Emelec on Tuesday. Otherwise full force. Lets see how it goes tomorrow. We are all very excited in having Falcão AN INTER FAN as the coach. He is a smart guy and loves offensive soccer. Roth was playin Inter with 1 forward against shitty teams ...what a jackass!Thank god he is gone!