Pass me my plastic flag - OTT 39 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This Ajax team is impressive and if they somehow blow 2 goals in 5 minutes, it'll be a damn shame (I don't see that happening). Glad to see Juve go out though, if I'm being honest. No offense to certain "contributors" on here.

Why would anyone count them out against City (or Tottenham)? They've done brilliantly so far and would make a great final opponent for us :p

2. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #952 EruditeHobo, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    I'm not looking past Barca because they have enough firepower to blow just about anyone away on the day. I do think LFC will make it a better tie than this United squad has... but I could see Barca going through.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I'm just screwing around. Can't look past Porto yet. If we do finish the job tomorrow, Messi vs VvD will be epic.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  4. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was responding to Buffonfan, actually. Should have quoted. :thumbsup:

5. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #955 Buffonfan, Apr 16, 2019
    It is okay Sir. I said it in my previous comments, Juventus DESERVE to go out with their cowardly football and cowardy tactics. Tbh, I rather have Juventus lost like 10-0 but at least they play pressing football like Liverpool, instead of being a coward.

I'm a die-hard Italy national team girl, but it the Italy "national" team. The reason why I support Juve it because it an Italy club, if it was Napoli in the CL, I support Napoli too. Any Italy clubs.

It doesn't hurt much to see Juventus go out. It hurts me the most when I see Italy national team fail to qualify for the Russia World Cup. I take pride in Italy soccer, because it they that introduce me into the soccer sport.

Wasn't suprise Juve crash out. I know Italy won't win in Europe, not with this coward football tactics.

The reason why I favor City over Ajax, because we all know Pep right? He will not sit back and play coward football like Italy/Allergi. City can press as much as Ajax pressing. And City have the edge of been there done that on the big stage, experience. And Aguero AND Bernardo Silva when fit? That two can deal with Ajax.
    I still see City go through.

I'm glad to see Liverpool, Barca, City all make it. All 3 teams play beautiful football.

Since Italy all crash out, now all left for me left in this CL is support Liverpool win it all at the end. beside Italy and Liverpool, there No other team in CL remain that I like. City, Barca, Ajax, Spurs, don't like them all.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ole's at the wheel...

upload_2019-4-16_16-22-2.jpeg

7. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #957 Buffonfan, Apr 16, 2019
    Juventus fans in their forum said because of the 1985 incident Heysel Stadium, they will support Ajax win it all instead of Liverpool.

Beep this, yes, fu-ck this. I just realize I am the most PETTY woman in the world because I'm sorry, I will NEVER support a team who kick me out of the CL to win it all. Why would I support Ajax when Ajax is the one that kick me out of the CL? Petty I am.

I'm sorry but I support the team and the club, what happen in 1985 due to Liverpool fans whatever, the fans is the fans, the club is the club. What the fans do in 1985 has nothing to do with the clubs football style or tactics.

If you have fans rivals or whatever, then do it between fans, don't drag the club into this.

Unless Liverpool club or Liverpool players directly cause harm to Juventus, or else I don't care how Liverpool fans are.

Talking about fans, I swear I never see the most obnoxious fans than City fans. Yes, I think City fans are obnoxious. But still, I don't use the fans to blame the club.

Whatever, win it all Liverpool. Someone kick this children Ajax out for me. I don't want a team who kick me out of the CL to lift the trophy at the end.

Petty woman I am.

Ajax kick me out of CL, I want to see them get kick out. Whether that by City or by Liverpool, they need to get out of the CL too.

Can't wait till April 30 come soon enough.

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    cue the sounds of knives being sharpened in the background. :)

9. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, I have calm down, and I apologize to any Ajax fans here if reading this thread. I was just upset that my team got crash out by Ajax. So while upset I say I pray for Ajax to get crash out too.
    If Ajax can get pass Liverpool and City, then you guys deservingly so to lift the trophy.

It just it piss me off when Juve fans blame the whole Liverpool football club. I'm sorry, but Liverpool FC don't get to chose who their fans are.
    Just like every clubs, there all types of fans, good behave ones and bad behaveones. I'm sorry if the bad fans hurt anyone, but whatever rivals betweens fans should stay between fans. Leave the club out of this. It not like Liverpool club and Liverpool players want the 1985 incident to happen.

I support the club, unless the club directly do bad and harmful things to hurt other clubs, then how the individual fans behave are irrelevant to the club to me.

Pfffffff! It not like Liverpool or City or any club can chose who are their fans.

Anyways, disappointing season for Italy.

Hope Liverpool lift this two big trophies at the end, league and CL!

10. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    Great Juve-Ajax match. Poor Can looked like a real cart horse out there from time to time against those kids. Very strong team and fun to watch, this Ajax.

newterp repped this.
  11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really do understand why Klopp didn't shed any tears in letting him go - he's a nice player - but has some real limitations including mobility and ability to reach speed. I believe Italy was a great move for him - and obviously the payday going to Juventus to win the Serie A every year is nice.

There is a great thread here - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=337956.0 on what Klopp's vision might look like....and it doesn't really fit a player like Can in the long term.

12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also - there is a brilliant post on Twitter showing how Ashley Young was probably at fault 3-4 times directly leading to Messi's opener. It's glorious.

Additionally - I would like to remind everyone that Alexis Sanchez is on 500K a week. A WEEK.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  13. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a colossal ******** up by him for swapping one Manchester club with another when Arse played a bit of hardball.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christ that is an appalling bit of play. Ashley Young, what a mess.

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Must be all that extra training he's claiming happens there...

16. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What are everyone’s thoughts on City tonight? What result most benefits Liverpool? What result makes it more likely that Spurs get something off them this weekend? Do we want City in the semi final to make their task in the league more difficult, or would losing be so demoralizing that it could hurt their league form? So many questions.

newterp repped this.
  17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    no clue what's best result for us, the psychology of the whole thing is like a Rubik's cube.

I saw some ex-player saying that by the time the league game comes around, the 2 teams will be cancelling each other out and he expects a draw.

EruditeHobo and newterp repped this.
  18. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's going to be our luck that spurs knock citeh out of the CL then get walloped in the league tie...

jeffcoop and newterp repped this.
  19. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They have Messi, but we have the best defensive group in the world at the moment. Their midfield and defense are not at their best and any of our 3 attackers can really cause them problems. We are a matchup nightmare for them.

EruditeHobo and SamScouse repped this.
  20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rat Face Gary Neville is saying ManUre should rest players vs City and basically give that game up coz beating Chelsea is more important for them to get 4th place. effing knobhead.

burning247 repped this.
  21. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And people wonder why he couldn't make it in management...

22. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I was yelling WTF are you doing when he turned back into trouble. Stupid. !!!

23. augie

augie Member

Mar 22, 2000
    St. John, USVI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope City gets one goal, and it goes to penalties after 30 minutes of extra time, and City wins the shootout. Maximum physical and mental exertion, and they won't be able to take the UCL semifinal days off, draining their tanks even more.

EruditeHobo and Wingtips1 repped this.
  24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he is being mocked appropriately.

25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the fact he is still in their team speaks volumes .....