Pass me my plastic flag - OTT 39 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  3. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm new to English soccer (I usually only watch Italy soccer), I never heard of a team name Swansea City before. Are they good? They will be playing against Man City in the quarter final.

What are the chances of Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Mahrez them going to score against Swansea and help get City through the quarter final?
    Swansea a good team? Yes?

Ugh.. what are the chances of Man City make it to the final?

4. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ok, none of those United players can match up to Liverpool players, NONE. Not even that clown Pogba. I still say Liverpool will win.

The only thing I'm a bit worry is the "confident" of those United players, since now they think they are back on track after win Chelsea (not saying that they back on track, but they think they are).
    And I don't know how much "mentally" wise can change a game, but for sure United mentally right now they think they can win Liverpool. Whether they can do it or not it a different story, but for sure they coming in a game with full of confidence.

IF, IF Ole can get them to win this game, I think he should get the job. He bring back the smiles and confidence on these down-tools players. And these United players seem like they trust Ole. (Not that I like or care about Ole, still Mourinho camp).
    BIG BIG test for them on Sunday.

Still, I'm ALL for Liverpool. Can't wait till you guys smack them in the face with a win, and crush their confidence again.

5. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Uhmmm - we play Bayern Munich next...tomorrow!

One game at a time!

soccershaggy repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chelsea looks as if it’s collectively lost its way.

8. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Looks good on them .....should've kept Rafa when they had him .

usscouse repped this.
  9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Got my seat booked for today (Lay z boy) Chips dip and Corona.

The finals of the Champions League are upon us.

Most important thing today is a clean sheet.
    And maybe a couple of goals..... :)

speker, newterp and bayred repped this.
  10. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hugs. I see the score it a draw today. Advantage is on Liverpool side (due to it at home and Bayern fail to get a goal), if away Liverpool get a goal/a draw (1-1) it will be Liverpool that go through, not them. (Right? Because if it a tie, it the score that away that will count).
    So good luck guys.

And big day for me tomorrow. Juventus vs. Atletico. Atletico this Spain team play a style very similiar to Italy soccer style. Both team are very important on defense, it will probably be a draw tomorrow for us too.

My heart say Manzukic and Ronaldo will somehow send us through, but my head say it going to be a draw.

I just want Juventus to go through, all those investment on Ronaldo sheshh, better worth it.

Anyone here be watching Juventus tomorrow? Probably no right? Since Italy defense soccer are boring to English soccer fans. Everyone will tune in for Man City right? lol

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    May I ask how a Chinese woman got to be such a huge Italian calcio fan?

12. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #387 Buffonfan, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Well Sir, what got me into soccer was the World Cup. I'm more of a "national" team person than the league domestic. I follow all the World Cup very closely, and Italy got me hook into it. Italy was good, they won 4 WC.
    Yes, they start going downhill and not qualify for the 2018WC. But I'm still Italy fan. That just what a fan is, you support your team to bad and struggling time too. Forever Italy! I'm sure you still fan of Liverpool no matter what.
    I just like "defense" soccer.
    For me it the WC and the EuroCup that was all I watch.

Then I started watching the league, the Serie A. I really like Juventus, and then Napoli. The league I follow was Italy Serie A.

Then a year ago I started watching the 'premier' league which is the English league. And it Liverpool that introduce me to the whole new soccer style, the "attacking" soccer.
    I like Liverpool, because they are what make me watch premier league, and it something about Liverpool energy and what they put into the game, keep me keep watching.

I only been watching premier league for 1 year, so I'm still new to it. Still learn about all the English league teams.
    I admit I watch Man City matches, solely because I like the Spain player Bernado Silva. Without B. Silva, I'm not interested in City.

I do know they won the league last year. But they are not why I started watching the premier, it Liverpool. I guess because when I first started watch premire league, it was Liverpool game that was the first match I watched.

Now I continue follow the premiere league, and I do hope Liverpool win this year.

And Serie A I still watch, due to I support Italy soccer.
    Soccer is not something huge in Chinese culture, I mean there are big soccer clubs in China, but to the 1.3 billion Chinese population and Chinese culture as a whole, soccer is just not something big as compare to Europe. Tbh, we put more focus on the Olympic.

Yes, I should be support Chinese clubs, but tbh, they BORING, lol. And mediocre.

Anyways, that all. So I'm still new to English premire league. I'm a World Cup and "national" team person who started to watch domestic league.

How about you Sir? Will you be watching EuroCup coming up? I can't wait.

oh, and I'm in the U.S, California. (I born in Shanghai, but living oversea). When the World Cup coming to the US, I will be buying tickets (if Italy qualify in 2026WC), you going to see a Chinese a girl screaming her heads off cheering support Italy, LOLLLL. People probably going to think I'm crazy and kick me off the standium, lol.

soccershaggy and usscouse repped this.
  13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank you for sharing. That wasn't a knock on supporting a defensive style, despite my quote.

Growing up in Dallas in the late 80's and early 90's had me supporting national teams first as well. Supporting the USA first because of Gold Cup '93 (in Dallas) and World Cup '94 (we hosted 6 games, I got to go to 2). Then I began watching my blood heritage with England in Euro '96 and Iran in Asian Cup '96 (thanks old school satellite dish!). Since then, I've supported all 3 in all competitions.

The club game started taking off in the US around the turn of the century. We had Fox Sports World in the late 90's and we got a lot more Premier League coverage around then as well. So when my Dad started watching his favorite team (Liverpool) on this new coverage, I became a supporter. Local clubs got going around the same time frame. We got a team in Dallas in 1996 (what a year!), and there's nothing like seeing your local club in person week in and week out (even if you're one of the few there).

Buffonfan repped this.
  14. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'll watch Schalke and Citeh for a while. It shouldn't be a difficult match for the blue Mancs. But like us they've had ups and downs with "not difficult matches. :)

Jus just hope it's entertaining and Citeh have a struggle.

I'll watch Juve and Atletico later.

Buffonfan repped this.
  15. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Interesting group of teams you follow. Me, there's only one team since I was a kid and could go and watch them. Liverpool followed by England as a secondary.

My daughter has lived in Shanghai for 10 years now. Her and her family live in the Pudong area. I'll be going over to visit late May.

Buffonfan repped this.
  16. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #391 Buffonfan, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Snap. Aguero got a goal in for City at 18 min. It always him, hat tricks twice in a row in last two league matches, also two games before got a goal in like 30 seconds into the game. Ugh.. it always him that mess everything up.

And still nothing for Juventus (0-0) away on Atletico stadium.
    With so much money spend on Ronaldo, he better get a goal in today or else I demand a REFUND!!

17. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #392 usscouse, Feb 20, 2019
    What a video farce an almost 10 minute delay while they sort it out. The ref gave a corner then the mob scene starts. It ended up as a PK for Schalke and a yellow for Otamendi.
    1-1 right now. But what a stupid way to run a game.

It's getting out of control now with a series of pissy fouls. Another PK and a yellow for Fernandiho

2-1

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol Schalke are the disappointment of the season and they lead vs shitty

19. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #394 usscouse, Feb 20, 2019
    The PK. Pushing in the penalty area.
    We could have used a couple of those yesterday.
    I guess they have a short supply of cameras.

City's goal was a gift from their keeper. He tries a short clearance 20 yds. But it goes to David Silva. 2 on 1 then with the keeper as he squares it to Aguero. Tap thanks.

20. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #395 Buffonfan, Feb 20, 2019
    whoa! 2 of Schalke goal are penalty goals.

Wouldn't it be funny if City crash out of the Champions league? LOL

ugh.. why am I laughing? hell, pffff before my Juventus be the one that crashing out. (still 0-0 here,nothing).

and wow,look at Schalke line up, FIVE defenders, lol, they sure are prepare for City attack. 5 defenders right before the goal net, Lol.

21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    So that's where deCosta ended up. At Atletico as he gathers his 531st yellow card.

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Welcome to Gelsenkirchen!

[​IMG]

23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I thought that was a cherry liquor.

24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    That's weird. Spoilt tho with the Gasprom ad.

25. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    red card for Man City.

stubborn Pep should make a sub like already. They already one goal down.

Still 0-0 for Juventus. :(