Partidos Seleccion Absoluta 2014 - Post Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by ecua_toriano, Aug 15, 2014.

1. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    Sep 5 vs Chile o Bolivia (Por confirmar) - sede por confirmar
    Sep 9 vs Brasil @ MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ
    Oct 8 vs Colombia @ sede por confirmar (posiblemente Miami, FL)
    Oct 10 vs USA @ Rentschler Field, East Harbour CT

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dammit! None in California. Ugh. Going to watch Mexico vs. Chile here at the new 49ers stadium (Go NINERS!). Wish Ecuador played here too sometime but I'd be the only Ecuadorian showing up probably in the bay lol. Good match ups IMO. Hopefully it's worth something.

3. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    Sep 5 vs Bolivia (Por confirmar) - sede por confirmar - Chile queda descartado ya que confirmo un partido para el 6 de Sep vs Mexico.

4. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    Sep 5 vs Bolivia @ RFK Stadium, Washington DC

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    didn't they say the game vs. Bolivia was going to be in Denver? Maybe they changed it who knows.

6. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If it were in Denver they'd probably sell 5,000 tickets, tops. The DC area, on the other hand, has a shit-ton of Bolivians.

7. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    That game against Colombia should be played at Citi-Field (Queens NY), better atmosphere (for both Nationalties) and more ticket sales! But then again it's on a weekday so I guess tickets sales wouldn't reach it's expectations anywhere for that matter!

8. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    ACTUALIZACION:

Sep 4 vs Bolivia (estadio por confirmar) - Miami, FL

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The Bolivia game is in Miami now???

10. phillyfanslc

phillyfanslc Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I love how the game is next week but no one knows where they are playing exactly. Great planning by both federations.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  11. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    ACTUALIZACION:

Sep 4 vs Bolivia @ Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  13. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    ACTUALIZACION:

Sep 6 vs Bolivia @ Lockhart Stadium - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ 8.00 PM

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol location has been changed like 10 times already and the game is like a week or so away.

15. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They did that last year too for the Ecuador vs Germany game. I actually drove to the wrong stadium because of that and ended up missing all four goals scored against us lol.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Any word on the replacement for the Colombia game?

17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Peru and Venezuela were likely options but now they have booked each other, Chiriboga has mentiones that he wants the game to be played in USA to avoid travel, I'm assuming a CONCACAF team seems like a very realistic option.

18. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    ACTUALIZACION:
    Oct 14 vs El Salvador @ Red Bull Arena. Harrison NJ

19. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Whats the deal with tickets for the red bull stadium, I read ,it might be a doble header with Colombia vs Canada.dont see any info on the red bull arena page.

20. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Heres the list for these games
    La lista de Vizuete

Arqueros:
    Alexander Domínguez (LDU)
    Máximo Banguera (BSC)
    Hamilton Piedra (Deportivo Cuenca)

Defensas:
    Juan Carlos Paredes (BSC)
    Mario Pineida (IDV)
    Frickson Erazo (Flamengo - BRA)
    Luis Cangá (LDU)
    Arturo Mina (IDV)
    Luis León (IDV)
    Walter Ayoví (Pachuca – MEX)
    Cristian Ramírez (Nürnberg – Alemania)

Mediocampistas

Renato Ibarra (Vitesse)
    Jonathan González (IDV)
    Cristhian Noboa (Dynamo de Moscú – RUS)
    Segundo Castillo (sin equipo, entrena en el Al Hilal)
    Carlos Gruezo (Stuttgart – ALE)
    Junior Sornoza (IDV)
    Johnny Uchuari (LDUL)
    Juan Cazares (Banfield – ARG)

Delanteros

Joao Rojas (Cruz Azul – MEX)
    Christian Penilla (BSC)
    Joao Plata (Real Salt Lake – USA)
    Énner Valencia (West Ham United – ING)

21. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Vs. El Salvador

___________________________Banguera (BSC) / (Piedra Cuenca) 2nd half

Juan Carlos Paredes (BSC)____Luis Cangá (LDU)_____Frickson Erazo (Fla)____Cristian Ramírez (Nürnberg)

____________________Noboa (Dynamo)____Carlos Gruezo (Stuttgart)

Renato Ibarra (Vitesse) _____________Juan Cazares (Banfield)

____________Énner Valencia (West Ham)_____________________Joao Plata (Real Salt Lake)

Vs USA

___________________________Dominguez (LDU)

Juan Carlos Paredes (BSC)____Luis Cangá (LDU)_____Frickson Erazo (Fla)____Walter Ayovi (Pachuca)

____________________Castillo (Al Hila)____Carlos Gruezo (Stuttgart)

Renato Ibarra (Vitesse) _____________Juan Cazares (Banfield)

____________Énner Valencia (West Ham)_____________________Joao Rojas (Cruz Azul)

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the line up vs. the US is confirmed by Vizuete:

4-2-3-1

Banguera; Paredes, Canga, Erazo, Walter; Noboa, Castillo; Ibarra, Cazares, Penilla; Enner

Great! I've been waiting for this moment to see Penilla finally hit the big scene on the NT and I hope he doesn't let me down. I have a feeling he's going to be the player everyone talks about after these next two matches if he plays like we've all seen him do in Copa Sudamericana and in the campeonato. Good luck to him and every one else. The only thing that upsets me a bit is the fact that Vizuete doesn't place his bets on Gruezo yet. I think right now is the RIGHT time to give Gruezo a few starts since Castillo isn't even playing this semester. When are we going to make the change in that part of the field? It's a bit worrying at this point since that's the most immediate position that needs renewal and the whole point is to start molding the next young kid for that role the year before the Copa America and Qualifiers begin. Whoever replaces Walter should start to get a good 20-30 minutes in the next two games. That's also another position where we haven't really experimented yet and let's not forget the time to experiment is now, not later. Not in the middle of a Qualifier.

I expect to see at least 90 minutes from Gruezo vs. El Salvador and a good 90 from Pineida or Ramirez OR both in that game as well. And either way they should get a good 20 minutes against the US.

23. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just a few thoughts for today's game.

Of course the new inclusion in the starting line up, Penilla. Excited to see him show where he is at footballing wise; his performances in the Sudamericana have been impressive. A good performance will definitely help him get more exposure.

I'm curious to see how the US defends to our attack. Klinsmann usually plays a diamond midfield so I think it's likely we see Cazares be man-marked today. I'm expecting to see a lot of movement from Cazares to link up with our wingers and be the playmaker.

I'm personally going to analyze Canga's performance today. I haven't paid much attention to how he plays in the National team. I've read in prior entries that he hasn't been convincing, so that's a player to analyze.

Overall, this fixture is good for us. A good performance will help these young players get exposure: Cazares, Penilla, Ibarra, Canga. I'm expecting to see Joao Plata get at least 30 minutes, for the obvious reason that he's been tearing up the MLS.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, I agree. As long as Plata gets 20 minutes that will be enough I believe. I think starting him vs. El Salvador would be more interesting though so he can get a full game. Jonathan Gonzalez I definitely want to see tomorrow going in for Ibarra at some point in the second half. And between Pineida and Ramirez, one of these guys should get a good 15-20 minutes tomorrow. Gruezo deserves a good 30 mins, but ideally it was a great time to let him start now. Hopefully he starts vs. El Salvador as well. This is going to be a very important game for Canga, Penilla, and Cazares. Penilla will be making his debut against a competitive opponent, so I think this will definitely give us a good idea of where he stands. Cazares was a bit lost in the first half against Brazil, but it was mostly because Sornoza was out of tune (since he was in the wrong position) which made our attack a bit weaker. Once Joao Rojas came in the second half, Cazares performed much better so IMO that was a mistake Vizuete made. As far as Canga, people need to realize he just turned 18 this year and only has 23 games in first division. Don't expect him to be Ivan Hurtado in just 2 or 3 games with the NT. This kid went against one of the historically strongest teams in south america (Brazil) and started off shakey, but made some improvements in the second half of the game. We lost freakin 1-0 for christ sakes and that goal Brazil made didn't even involve him, it involved a mistake from Segundo Castillo. We can't just crucify an 18 year old for no reason. Had Brazil scored 2 or 3 games and had one of those goals been his fault, I'd accept people being so critical on him but none of that happened. I hope people keep in mind that he's 18. Defenders don't mature til later. Have patience.

Everyone wants to renew this defense, but we have to start somewhere and when you start with young guys who are 18 or 20 years old you can't expect 0 mistakes. Mistakes are gonna occur and we gotta accept that. So far the mistakes Canga has made during a game haven't cost us a goal so he remains good in my book. Canga is someone who will be great for us in the long run. There's a reason he's starting over 21 year old Fernando Leon who is a polished defender playing in first division since he was 17 or 18 years old and been a regular starter for 2 or almost 3 seasons in a row having played Libertadores and Sudamericana in multiple occassions. Arturo Mina is 23 years old and also has international experience with Independiente playing Sudamericana. Last time I checked, Vizuete had an eye for young talent so there MUST be a reason why Canga is starting over these two guys....just sayin.

25. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    On FIFA.com it says we're playing against Argentina on November 15th in Madrid.