Park Ju-Young @ R.C. Celta de Vigo 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Hodori, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    So apparently HMB weighed in on PCY earlier today:

Looks like HMB is essentially saying, "Get some playing time or I'm not gonna select you."

Apparently the Netherlands and Spain are still open until tomorrow morning. And I guess there's still the Championship.

Is PCY's contract really that huge that Arsenal can't just let him go and take the hit? They released a bunch of players this summer without regrets.

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Spain and Dutch windows are closed. At this point, the best options for PCY would be release or championship loan.

For a cheap club like Arse who just spent a ton on Ozil, yes, 2 years of his contract would be fairly large. Which is why I imagine they will still try to work out a compromise.

3. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It also seems like Wenger and Park Ju-young are not in speaking terms. If it wasn't evident by now, there's something very fishy about this whole ordeal. Unfortunately, Park Ju-young won't speak to the press (and he never does) so we'll never hear his side of the story, but for Wenger, Park Ju-young's destination or the lack of appears to be of no concern.

We can however chalk off that speculative write-off that was previously tied to Park Ju-young.

4. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ^PCY's generally not a talker. And I suspect the club aren't talking because whatever's going on with PCY's contract probably makes them look bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't speaking to anyone at Arsenal. I remember at the Olympics, PCY and Ramsey barely acknowledged each other when they shook hands. PCY and Aubemayang hugged it out.

Chingoo and skimmilk repped this.
  5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Arsenal is pretty secretive too despite arsenal supporters trust. e.g. the mystery of the 6m "PCY" writedown last year

KyopoOhNo repped this.
  6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So what the fck happens now, Championship only option?. Not totally against it though.

7. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I doubt it. Championship clubs can't pay his wage (except QPR)...
    It's either mutual termination or stuck til Jan. & collecting his paycheck like Arshavin did before him...

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did you guys think that the PCY could get more depressing than lets say a year ago?

9. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    beyond caring at this point.

nmssis and jolim24601 repped this.
  10. DCUnited901

DCUnited901 Member

Nov 19, 2012
    United States
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is there a "Mexicans in the park" option in London? I bet he would totally dominate.
    So, if I'm not mistaken, PCY has no responsibilities whatsoever as far as showing up for work, and collects a very nice paycheck?

11. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    If this were fall 2014 after the world cup, it would be a really sweet deal...

12. TheRealSky

TheRealSky Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    From what I know, there just wasn't a club that was willing to offer the kind of wage he's getting at Arsenal, and Park Ju-young wasn't willing to take a significant pay cut. He's taking a huge gamble here by dragging this out. Hong Myung-bo needs to prepare for the worst and start considering other options at the CF position. Last thing I'd like to see is Ji Dong-won starting as our solitary striker after riding the bench at Sunderland, but we might not have an alternative.

13. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I'm just going to start preparing for the worst at this point.

seolseol repped this.
  14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's got international break to sort it out. Lets hope they find middle ground soon

15. DCUnited901

DCUnited901 Member

Nov 19, 2012
    United States
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  16. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So assuming PCY is stuck at the shit hole of a club forever, I'm guessing we won't be seeing him in the NT any time soon?

seolseol repped this.
  17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if this article is true, can probably cross out Lorient even if PCY gains FA status by miracle.....

http://www.lorient.maville.com/spor...et-peut-etre-Gourcuff..._fil-2391898_actu.Htm

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think thats the proper takeaway as much as the deal wasn't done and gourcuff could leave (vs gourcuff wanting/not wanting PCY). Anyway at this point, its just a waiting game and too much conjecture on a situation thats insane+complex would be hasty

19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If money is the issue...Bite the bullet .... Collect fat checks in the desert three years later....take a pay cut and make yourself available for what could be the most talented group of Corean players ever at the WC

20. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Would you be open to a 1/2 to 1/3 pay cut? That's on top of French taxes being 10+% higher on incomes over 1M€. It's easy for you to say as a fan. This is his limited window to make money right now. He signed a contract, and he's willing to compromise, but Arsenal needs to work with him considering they've somehow already wrote him off on the ledger.

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Given his low popularity in Korean media, these could be among the final dollars he ever earns.

Though I think the fact that he is still there basically refutes the fact that he specifically was responsible for the total writeoff vs just being a portion.

22. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    ARSE should at least put him in the reserve team and let him play with the hopes of him shining there so that they will have some likely suitors come Jan.

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think the teams that are interested / can afford him would be watching Arse reserves.

Corporation X repped this.
  24. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC