Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2010-2011 Thread [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That stupid octopus making me look stupid. Ill come back! you watch ill come back!

2. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He started a midweek UCL match. Are we really complaining that he isn't on the bench for a PL match just days later, especially considering the oxen that are the Stoke City lineup?

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But Evra on the left wing??????

4. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I didn't watch the match. Evra started at LW? I'll have to say he was pretty impressive going forward against Bursa, finally looked like the Evra of old.

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually Evra wasnt that bad. We all know his attacking abilities on the left side and he showed more than enough abilities of being a capable PL winger. EDIT: i only watched the first half so far...
    Though, i think SAF will use him back into left back next week because that is his normal position.
    As for Park, im just disappointed that now SAF could see Evra being higher in the pecking order of the left wing, due to Park's poor form.
    I guess he will need to play in the up coming carling cup match....

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Here's my reaction to seeing Evra on the left wing: (1) denial - can't be, O'Shea must be playing in the midfield; (2) anger - WTF! (3) bargaining - maybe PJS is injured... (4) depression - this looks ominous; (5) acceptance - maybe it's for the best.

Yes folks, I went through the five stages of grief... Seriously, Evra at LW? He hasn't played there since his days at Monaco under Wenger...

7. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The Fox Soccer Ch commentator said that SAF probably wanted a little more size in defense, so he went with O'Shea. Maybe he put Evra as LW to provide more defensive cover? I know O'Shea is no stranger to the back line, but with the way Man Utd have been giving away points so far this season due to late goals, wouldn't hurt to give it a shot? Although after the fact we can argue it didn't work as the equalizer came late again and Man Utd had to be saved by Chicarito.

8. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seems like all the pieces are in place for Utd to cash in on Rooney with his 5-year deal. Berba looks like a new signing and Chicha seems to score in any way possible, whether with his face or the back of his head makes no difference to him. :D

The only question is who would really want Rooney at this point? Besides the horrible form as of late, he has all sorts of personal problems off the pitch and temper problems on the pitch and now we know he's the type to create intra-club strife if he feels like it.

9. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :confused: I'm pretty sure Rooney's staying

10. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Ehh I reckon almost every club in the world would take Rooney.

11. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The 5 year deal means nothing in terms of whether he stays long-term or not. That is just Utd covering their own asses so Rooney doesn't pull a Bosman, which would have to be renamed a Rooney if he did.

And what is appealing about Rooney at the moment? Hasn't been in form since the tail end of 09/10 and comes with a whole lot of baggage. The fact that he went on vacation to Dubai after the past week's media shitstorm tells you a lot.

12. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Honestly, as good as Rooney still is, he hasn't been the same player since his ankle injury in 2006.

13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ji Song Park bloody well score a goal tommorow! even though its the Wolves in a League cup match, he needs to start clicking again...unless the big boss opts to choose Bebe over him....yikes....

14. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe you shouldnt talk like an englishman J... Its always hilarious to see Brad Friedel speak like he was born and raised in London. You can totally help that.

15. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this

:D

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    In fact its how Aussies speak/talk/communicate too. Im surrounded by the lot and i cant help myself :D We like to sound sophisicated even though its not.
    So...do forgive me :p

Let me guess...approx. 95% of all those who talk in bigsoccer Korea are all living in America?

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Remember last season? His best. Maybe not the "same" player hehe but still good. This season , I don't know what to say.

18. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apparently thats the line up as posted in Redcafe, and they dont usually get it wrong:
    Amos, Brown, Smalling, J Evans, Fabio, Carrick, Gibson, Park, Obertan, Macheda, Bebe

If it wasnt for Brown, G would have been the captain...

19. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually, I think Carrick and maybe even Evans would have been ahead in the pecking order than Park in Captaincy. I'd think that it would mostly due to language issues, but I also personally don't think Park gets enough respect from those younger players to be seen as captain... it's not like how it would be in Korea.

Isn't Bebe usually a winger? If so then with Obertan also playing I'd think that Park would get some sort of central role, which would be interesting. I hope he puts in a good performance today since although it's the Carling Cup, it's at least against a Premiership opponent (albeit a recently promoted one, but still).

20. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Maybe Carrick but not Evans at the moment. Evans would definately be a candidate for future captaincy but he wouldnt necessary be ahead of Park at the moment. The thing is, there really isnt language issues coming into captaincy, i.e. look at Tevez he can barely speak english yet he is the captain of City. Park has more than enough experience and has played with United for a long time now, he deserves the captaincy (if it wasnt for Brown).
    Btw Park does have respect from youngsters, i would say. Cleverly (i know he isnt playing) said he wants to play like G :)

Park playing on the left wing atm with Ober on the middle. Might change later.

21. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Park looks a little lighter on his feet today compared to his last couple times around, which is a positive sign. Seems to have more of a free role today roming both the left side and the center of the park.

22. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He can score, no doubt, but his presence really hasn't been the same since his ankle got destroyed in 2006 against Chelsea.

23. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's been quite amusing watching this Bebe guy play. He certainly tries hard, seems confident enough, and is very strong. He just happens to be incredibly unrefined in his play and combination of all that has made for some amusing scenes... still very much raw, that's for sure.

IMO Park is playing well, and one of the only few. Some guys out there right now don't really seem to have ANY clue on how to pass and work with each other, namely Obertan and Macheda. Park's really trying hard to get some 1-2's going, but these guys are failing to do the 2 and just pausing like idiots instead.

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its really difficult for Park because he is playing with all young players who are raw and eager to do everything so spectacularly. They have good potential but at the moment they dont have the right balance to just go into dribble and score like Critisnao Ronaldo all the time.
    Park has been linking up well passing the ball left right centre and has been better than he has been in the past couple of matches but still, something is missing from the Park we know. A goal would be nice fo sure.

Well, that was some first half football of "WTF? is this Man Utd reserves v Wolves reserves???"

25. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    0-0 HT... a really scrappy game overalll... can't really say it's been too enjoyable, but it's a CC match after all.