Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2010-2011 Thread [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think most people are just disappointed they couldn't get the LYP Roma kit.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    God knows.

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Footballers have a 10-15 year window (if lucky barring injury/military service etc.) to make enough money before retiring or entering into a second career. We (mortals) have a 30-40 year window (depending on years in school, etc.).

How can you blame a player for building up a solid reputation in Europe and getting rewarded to play for over the odds money in a tax-free haven for 2 to 3 years before finishing out his career. Those 2 or 3 years more often represents 5 years of prime earning power in the UK/Germany/France/Holland. Like Sky said, it's a smart decision. I see no shame in that.

I'd personally would hate to live in the middle east b/c I don't have a wife or kids. But if I did, like LYP, it'd be an interesting place to live and for the kids to experience...

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I always thought PJS would fit in better in Serie A than in the EPL (personal opinion - the EPL is just to frenetic sometimes and doesn't allow for one-two plays to develop). I was actually surprised that he went to Man U b/c I thought Milan, Inter or Juve were going to buy him from PSV.

Italians have impossibly long memmories. But that doesn't stop them from loving Brazilians and Argentinians who play well for their clubs. IF PJS has top shelf quality still left in him for 2-3 more seasons, I'm sure they'll warmly welcome him. And despite WC02, my Italian friends (actual ones from the pennisula - not Jersey shore types in America who mispronounce every Italian term/food name) still love visiting Seoul and think well of Korea.

Btw, I was watching Tom Cleverly play for 20 mins for Wigan. I have a feeling that if PJS doesn't step it up, TC might be recalled in January and given a chance ahead of PJS... :(

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I'm sure your wife would love Saudi Arabia.

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Don't laugh, but many people say it's actually not that terrible of a place for ex-pats to live if they have families... I had a few college friends from TX who grew up there at some point in their lives and had rather good things to say about their experiences.

But as a bachelor, I could never go there...

7. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not only that, Lee Young-pyo knew exactly where his career was at. He's had brief moments here and there over the last 2-3 years, but he was a warming the bench at Tottenham and even at Dortmund towards the end of the season. He probably wouldn't even have played at the World Cup last summer if he decided to grind it out in Europe like Seol Ki-hyeon did.

8. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    I have heard compound life in saudi arabia is not a bad place to live in. Try looking it up on youtube :D

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't like the way they treat women.

10. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ROAR!! i can feel it...G will start tommorow against Stoke Citeh. Trust me, im better than Paul the Octopus.

I can feel it....G....will score a goal tommorow....

11. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I'd rather live in Adu Dhabi than SA.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    South Africa?

13. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  14. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You guys are being too ignorant. Countries such as UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Israel are pretty nice. Especially the countries in the UAE

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would like to live were you live man!

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This man can feel it.....G will score tommorow....i believe in this man....아이 블리브!

17. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lolololololo

18. COREANO

COREANO Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i'll be happy if he even plays

19. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Dont worry my friend, my senses are telling me that Park will score a goal :D

*worried look* I really hope he does....

20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It will be hard for Park to score today.

21. gatch

gatch Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Seoul and Melbourne
    Park not even on bench. must be really out of favor with SAF

22. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Looks like he got replaced by Obertan on the bench.

Man I wasn't the one to be complaining earlier in the season but United isn't a team where you get time on field so you can find your form. Something needs to happen.

23. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well....thats extremely gay....

24. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    looks like you arent better than paul the octopus afterall

25. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    Against who was Parks first game as a united player?

Anyone remember how he played?

I had hopes he would become a nedved type player, and if he just let his natural playing style mature as was, instead of at all times supplicating ferguson, he could have done so.

That Park has done as well as he has up to this point comes down to his great determination and mental strength.

But no use in ruminating what if's. He just needs to pack up, call an end to this chapter, and seek a new challenge. That of the mature footballer.

This will hopefully happen with a team willing to let Park play a free, central role.

What team could that be?