Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2010-2011 Thread [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Continued from here

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wow...an actual mod sighting.

where have you guys been?

3. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Anywhere but here :(
    And you guys are all so mean! (that's a joke :D)

No excuses. I do have the time but I think I am losing the energy. One of the teams I manage will be disbanding at the end of this month, so I think I'll have more time once that's done.

4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What'd you do to them?

5. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I told them to show up on time, stop trying to do fancy shit that I know you can't pull off, and if you don't show up to practice fine, but don't complain about why our team isn't getting any better (and other pearls of wisdom)

Actually, the season is ending around late October. The new season won't start until March 2011 at the very earliest so we will probably get back together after I've had some time to cool off ;)

6. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Has anyone ever read PJS's write-up on Soccernet? It has a pretty detailed and relatively well-informed analysis of him, but it's absolutely bizarre that they refer to him as "Asia's answer to David Beckham".

What?

First of all, I don't think ANYONE has ever mistaken PJS for a contender for the most handsome man in the line-up, let alone his country, continent, or the world. Whatever appeal he has to women comes DESPITE his looks, not because of them.

Secondly, they don't even remotely have similar playing styles. Beckham was famous for his passing and free kicks, whereas PJS is famous for his versatility and work-rate. They both play in the midfield, but that's where the similarity ends.

I just find it weird that the writer compared PJS to Beckham, because he didn't seem to be that ignorant of PJS.

7. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Maybe rivals Beckham in popularity but that's where the similarity ends.

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I really hate that statement. What does it mean by 'answer'? if there is an answer then there is a question, what is the question? im confused.
    Why do we need an answer to David Beck Ham? Im even more confused. Did he say something like "Hey Asians Im Beck Ham, you need an answer to me. That is all."

9. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I've always thought of that Beckham line to be somewhat snide, as in 'lol this is the best-looking guy they could find.' Like zdrav mentioned they don't have similiar playing styles, and they're not even from the same time period strictly speaking. So what gives?

10. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Yeah, it's alway sounded like a back handed compliment.

11. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's simply talking about Beckham's success internationally and how Park can be compared to him in being a national icon and enjoying a prestigious career. I feel silly paraphrasing that paragraph, but am I the only one that doesn't see "Korea's answer to David Beckham" as a stab to PJS' look?

12. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Me

It is also reflective of soccers 4th place ranking in USA sports. There is no substitute for beckham Inc. He is by far the biggest name in soccer unfortunately. Rooney? Too ugly. Xavi? Too nice. Ronaldo? Can't speak engrish. Messi? Combine all three.

Lebron, Kobe, Wade

Ichiro, arod, jeter

Favre, TO, moss

Pjs is the man! He has the heart of the nation. His game is not sexy. Imagine if cha bum kun was pcys age. He would kill all ESP with a contemporary hairstyle.

Sorry typing sucks on the iPad

13. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yo man, what happened to Peyton Manning.

14. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let's never again mention TO as any sort of 'ambassador' for American football. :D If anything Peyton and Brady should be on that list instead of TO and Moss.

15. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That article isn't from the tabloids though...although it's "ESPN" where soccer is not their forte, there are plenty of Beckham replacements that are currently playing right now.

Kobe, Wade, and Durant, not LeBron btw...heh

16. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    was just typing a bunch of names out you AR dorks. :D

i actually had some drinks with TO at a west hollywood club called My House not too long ago. he had a table next to mine. nice dude man.

all i care about are/were payton/kemp anyways. nba is dead to me now and so is the nfl. resurrection will occur when we have some korean stars in both leagues. would love to see a TO type korean american wide receiver with his own reality ochocinco style show. :D

by that time i'll likely be old and retired ready to be entertained whilin away the days on my lazy boy.

17. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just letting you kids know that I just got the jersey I ordered from this site.

A Milito Inter-M.

I have to say...for the money spent and knowing this is a replica, Im pretty ecstatic over the quality of this thing. Its a damn good replica, true to size, and the patches are very good.

The price of the jersey is cheap and they get you with shipping (took forever regardless coming from Bangkok or wherever) but Im not going to complain. In fact I may get another.

I can trash this thing and not really care. I hope they come out with EPL stuff.

18. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  19. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Dude you promised pictures!

20. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    qft

:D

21. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Rooney wants out

What a prick. It's obvious Manchester united took very good care of Rooney and he turns his back on them. I don't understand the reason for his desire to move either. Is it because of his injuries and bad form that he's taking his frustration and blaming it on the club?

22. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

fukem

23. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Rooney will play tommorow. So will Park Ji Sung. Trust me on this, im better than Paul the Octopus.

24. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010

he turned down a £150K a week contract. i can see him going to man city or real madrid