Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2009-2010 Thread [R] IV

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Continued from here

1 person likes this.
  2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......please wake me up PJS

3. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A bit about Neville and Tevez going at it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog...t=As9Wao7mNv711CT.qFusBComw7YF?urn=sow,214614

The best part of this whole thing is that it only adds to an already beefy rivalry. 2nd thing is that its basically only just begun because Tevez isnt going anywhere for the next 3 years at least if he keeps this up. This is just going to be a better matchup/rivalry than Liverpool I think, especially given Pool's non-competetive stance lately.

All you have to say is Kolo, Vieira, Tevez, Ade, Bellamy.

And Mancini is a pretty sick manager himself.

I smell dynasty.

4. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Manchester City got themselves a great team.
    You forgot to mention Robinho. Even though he's not in form he will be phenomenal when he gets there. Bellamy is a great player. I think he is highly underrated striker. Stephen Ireland is another underated player. He had a great season last year. They have De Jong too. He's a great DM especially for Netherlands.

Wow. They got Vieira during the winter transfer too. They have a sick team on paper.

5. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    More on Neville....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_WGpyFx4Q"]YouTube- Edwin van der Sar reveals that no one likes Gary Neville[/ame]

6. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hahah k I remember seeing that and I couldn't believe it--him being captain and all...but now, it's more than believable..

Argh, I can't believe this. No matter what Tevez does I can't hate him--he was incredible at United, I LOVED the guy--more than Ronaldo and Berbatov. ESPECIALLY Berbatov...It's kinda sad to see this.

I'm done pmsing

7. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I loved his displays his first season in the EPL when he helped West Ham stay up.
    Technically not the most gifted but some one who brings the hard work and I'll say it...passion. Meanwhile Mascherano, just seems like an asshole.

8. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Exactly; and that's what I love to see in any player--whether playing with or against us. Plus, Tevez is a man of class--never celebrating after scoring against West Ham United even though he was there for only half a season

9. korean_soccer123

korean_soccer123 New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    that video's not real, i thought anyone could tell....
    "sigh" :confused:

10. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    its a joke video.

11. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HAHA
    wow I'm embarrassing.

12. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Yeah it's obviously a real video of VDS just joking around

13. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    He's not allowed to say "yes" or "no" in the video.

14. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think Gary's actually very well liked on the team. Trivia, Neville's best friend and vice versa is Beckham.

15. korean_soccer123

korean_soccer123 New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    no the video is not real at all lol.
    van der sar is, and his answers.

but the dude asking him the questions is a voice do-over.

if u look at the original video, the questions asked are totally different:D

16. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    woot. captain park is startin against hull

17. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nice backheel from park

18. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    4 goals for rooney!

19. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    What a game for Rooney. Safe to say that he has taken over the scoring mantle from Ronaldo.

20. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    perhaps, but the rest of his play was mediocre. had a chance on goal but fluffed his shot pretty bad.

united should of had 3 goals in the first half, rooney more than made up for all those missed chances in the end. i'm concerned about owen. he had so many chances but is lacking accuracy and power on his shots. he reminded me of park and the rest of the korean nt in terms of finishing ability :D

21. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think Park needs more touches on the ball. Most of the time he is just passing back to Evra or some other defender. He needs to grow some f.ucking balls and play.

I think this was Nani's best game.

Man. Utd back on top :D:D

22. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At least he ran pretty strong today. And there was that run that was reminiscent of his PSV days... until he got tripped up. anyway, this was best I've seen Park play since his return from the injury.

As for Nani, I agree. he showed real composure and confidence minus arrogance today. He looked sharp. He got me thinking of what kind of player LCY could become.

23. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i think lcy plays better than nani? def more trick.

24. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    well, in respect to park, he didn't receive many quality passes. most of the time evra passed to park it was a lob over a player. park usually gets out jumped by the opposing player. and when fletch or scholes gave park the ball it was with two guys on his back. it was a lot more crowded on the left side compared to the right. nani had a lot more space to run into. park, when he did have space took advantage of it. unfortunately those opportunities were too few.

the worst part of parks game was his finishing. he had a heading chance..pretty tough but he also messed up a shot which nani pretty much served to him on a golden platter. park should have at least hit the ball with more conviction.

25. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    there were several opptys in the match where if he was playing on the knt (captain) or a mid-table epl team (asked to do more), same scenario, the guy would've passed the ball up to him and there would've been a quality shot at goal.

instead, we do see his passes back where he barely keeps the ball to push up field. he's just not asked to do more. you've got great ones like rooney who is the field leader. PJS is somewhat siloed and when he does get his few chances at goal (e.g. nani cross), and he miffs it (that one hurt), it looks particularly bad.

I truly believe PJS has the talent and wherewithal to get enough goals to be perceived as a threatening midfielder, but he's getting his balls chopped off by mgmt and he's not helping himself by not capitalizing on his chances to show his testimony on the field. look, i'm not saying he is cesc F level, but as i've been watching some of his matches now (newbie), i've seen this dude miff plenty of easy on goal chances that would've gotten PJS slaughtered on the blogs. but CF gets many more changes being captain of his team and the central figure so he ultimate ends up making up cover.

i remain hopeful and can't wait till he gets out of this slump with a savory goal and hear all of us spurring him on toward greater achievements. World Cup team captain. BOOYA. Let's do this.