Park Ji-sung, Lee Young-pyo and Ahn Jung-hwan

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Deleted Users, May 28, 2019.

1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I’ve honestly had it with these clowns.

These are the first generation players that had a fruitful and successful career in Europe. They have an inherent obligation and responsibility to bring their learnings back home. The last time I checked, Park Ji-sung was some panelist with Bae Sung-jae, giving a talk at the nearby courthouse. Actually, I think he was playing Jokgoo on Running Man. Lee Young-pyo contradicted himself (again) by announcing his commentary for the UCL final. Ahn Jung-hwan was just being fat.

I understand that coaching may not be their desire. But certainly, there has got to be something that they can give back, right? Let's examine those quickly:

• Park Ji-sung wants to be an "administrator". What the fck does that even mean? To me, that sounds like he wants to do jack shite. He was so happy to accept a title as "Youth Director" when he has absolute zero prior experience. He doesn't want to even be in management because he doesn't want to work but wants the title. What about JS Football Academy? Does he even coach these kids himself?
    • Lee Young-pyo wants to be a pundit. Fine. But when was the last time he gave any meaningful analysis? All he does is talk shite - displaying anger on national television over an obvious defensive error doesn't make you an expert pundit. And really, if he wants to talk about defensive errors, he only needs to look at the mirror.
    • Ahn Jung-hwan wants to be fat. Ok, he wants a career switch, that sounds good. He's quite the comic, good for him. But why's he on Shoot For Love, teaching schoolgirls how to trap the ball? He also said he's working towards his coaching license. So when is going to work? When he drops weight? What's he waiting for? That one plush job offering from Busan? No, not good enough? Suwon? Frank Lampard nearly promoted his team to the Premiership. You've got to work for it man. But for a man who really doesn't know what position Ole Gunnar Sjoksjaeer played, I fear for him. Maybe it's best that he stays a comic. He probably doesn't know who Frank Lampard is either.
    Countless wins, victories, titles and trophies between these three. What a pity that this legacy will die with them.

chook90 repped this.
  2. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    LOL what garbage. Let them live their lives. They do what the fuc.k they want, I'm sure they don't bat an eye at what retards like you think about their obligations/responsibilities.

3. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #3 ChaDuRi671, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    You realize this is what you look like when you wrote this nonsense behind the computer screen, right?
    [​IMG]

4. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    We fans need to take a hard look at ourselves. Look at what's happened to past legends HMB, all the way back to CBK, and all the managers / kfa members in between. They might not have been great at what they did but i'd say most gave a f*ck and tried to improve korean football, only to be shat on and shunned by the public.

Do i think LYP, AJH, and PJS don't give a f*ck about korean football? No, I think they do, which is why LYP and PJS studied the administrative side of things in Vancouver and London, and why AJH got his coaching license. Could you make the argument that they should be doing more? Hell yes! But tbh I think they're scared, and they have good reason to be. It's a huge gamble to throw your name in and potentially be the ire of the entire nation. Public image and reputation is everything in Korea. Those 3 are still loved by the public, and that's not an easy thing to walk away with after a career wearing the Korea shirt.

AJH has said he's completed his license and will go into managing someday. Remember, it hasn't been long that these guys retired. Let's wait to see what happens, but I can certainly understand their hesitance.

5. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    Yeah too early. PJS is going around Europe looking at different youth sets ups to see what training can be implemented in Korea. We'll see if he brings anything back.

But really who tf cares? Let them live their lives. They have no obligation to do anything.

Ice cube repped this.
  6. thanksnewguest

Manchester United
    Croatia
    May 17, 2018
    my gut feeling... the vibe i get about chinese when it comes to soccer is.. chinese isn't so good at soccer... the vibe i get is chinese best soccer players such as sun jihai or even north korean best soccer players such as han kwang song... want to be south korean or japanese .. if they had a choice.... i don't ever plan on visiting china but i've noticed they use to do feet binding ... which says alot about what chinese sports intellectuals think about the chinese abilities to play high level soccer in my opinion

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    And it's this attitude where we produce the same trash, generation after generation.

8. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I do lol. Feel free to disagree but fck em. I need them to get to work.

9. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Nah. Look at yourself in the mirror.

Unless of course, you really want this legacy to die. Seems like it.

10. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Since this dumb thread is already up let’s also blame retarded Korean millennials and pink haired boy band homos for softening Korea into the silly putty that it is now where drugs and perverted sexual tendencies (aka secret sex video taping) have become the norm.

And let’s also rename this thread the ‘Let’s kick the family dog upon first thing entering the home “ thread.

11. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Yes. While we're at it - what a country of retards - their GDP comes from femboy bands/plastic surgery, impeachment of a hypnotized lesbo president, sympathizing of terrorist NK, only pride being a fermented cabbage, and constant living in Japan's shadow. What an absolute disgrace to the world, Korea really needs to improve their attitude/culture.

/s

12. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Damn this escalated quickly. I'm talking about three ball players. LOL. You really don't get it it, do you?

14. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    It's been nearly a decade. They ain't got it. In the meantime, we've got Eagle Choi could probably manage KNT better than Bento can.

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Sure? Especially if their name is Park Ji-sung. He was a spineless dog for SAF.

16. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Yes and what I said was all true :)

17. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    #17 batumchange2, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    i share some of the frustration regarding his lack of initiatives since retirement but theres no need to shit on park jisung the player. hes one of who did more than he was expected to as a player. he turned it up another gear each time he played for the national team and the sport in korea wouldnt be where it is today if not for his helping hand in constant exposure to top flight football. whether you are talking about fans players or coaches everyone benefited from watching manchester united and ferguson week in week out. quite literally your understanding of the game wouldnt be where it is today if not for park jisung giving his best each day to maintain a place within the club

18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Based on what?
    And you have no reasons to shit on these ppl. It's their fking lives. They can do whatever the fk they want with em.

19. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Actually, Cha Bum-kun started to play for Darmstadt 98 in 1978. And Seo Jung-won started to play for Strasbourg in 1998.