Park City jersey unveiling (March 12, 2005)

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by PumaJohnny, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    BTW, nice jerseys. They look sharp.

Sachin

2. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York

US soccer fans calling themselves Loyalists is like British (Spanish, whatever) motorcycle enthusiasts calling themselves Hell's Angels

the uniforms are fine, but there is a lot of Red in the league, why not copy the Dutch!

you look like you should have a good team with good support and I wish you well -- I just cringe at the branding

3. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    OMG Now we should not call ourselves Loyalists....? Last i checked this was a thread about Jerseys

What next? Should we not be named after a spanish team..? Should we not have the same colors as the Spanish National team?
    Should we all move to a different state and change our religion to something that is exactly like everyone else?

From what I have read so far we should not do that either because we are just a bunch of copy-cat, poser, eurosnobs!

FFS people!
    Do you have anything constructive to add or do you just like to read your own b*tchy little posts?

Maybe next time we should first clear everything we do with all of you little whiney b*tches!

Cheese and Rice! (or has that changed to "Jason Kreis!") :D

4. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville

Once again, he is. This is single entity.

But even traditional sports league share merchandise, television, billboard revenue, etc.

And half your games are away. Some of us believe a cloying, 2nd rate Euro Disney offering will disappoint at OUR gates.

Thank you.

5. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Boo hoo.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At Deportivo Wanka? ;) Now those jerseys are sharp in the front - just don't turn them around (shudder).

7. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    There there... everyone's cherished premise is proven blatantly false eventually.

8. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    RSL hurting attendance? Right, right. How many home games would that be? And at that, how many teams had attendance problems before this?

9. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Well look at it this way. Chivas USA will help our attendance.

10. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville

BTW - I'm on their fanboard everyday, objecting to their St. Etienne poseury.

11. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    No, I just thought your argument that, because MLS is single-entity, YOU have some kind of claim to RSL's actions, seemed to be whining at best...

BUT since you are concerned about the league, and RSL's potential "damage" to the league entity/brand - I suggest you go correct the ones who've been doing damage to the league with crappy names/branding for the past 10 years, BEFORE you worry about the team that will be in the top half of attendance (at least) in 2005 and is doing a remarkable job building a LOCAL fan base (i.e. people who pay for tickets regardless of the opponent).

Because if that's the only reason why your opinion should matter, then I think your priorities need to be reset in terms of who you choose to deal with.

But hey, spend your time humping the leg of another man's team - while mildly annoying... that is your prerogative. :D

12. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    MLS has demanded a great deal of whining over the years. You're just the new kids on the block.

It's lonely work, all this whining. But I do get off on it.

13. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to aosthed again.

14. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I like the jerseys.

15. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoah, speak for yourself. They were horrible even then, and so were the colors that the other sports were introducing. Mass bad ideas didn't/don't make them good ones hahah...

Not to nitpick...well, yes to nitpick- the Hell's Angels are a club with various chapters. Their logo is a trademarked symbol as well as their jacket design. As you can well imagine, it's a brand they defend vigoriously. Those overseas Hell's Angels actually are Hell's Angels. Licensed affiliates of the organization, not wannabes. I would seriously pity anybody not actually affiliated with the HA's wearing their jackets or calling themselves HA's.

16. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville

You get a team, you put your name and your jersey out there, you get a fan club and a Bigsoccer board - all amounts to putting a big, hairy, sexaliscious shin out there for the humpin'. Checketts and crew are just spraying extra pheromones on there with this ReAL Spain business.

So welcome to the league asshat! ;)

17. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    BTW, a BigSoccer tip:

The votes are in and it's officially hilarious when you change somebody's screen name into a juvenile pun or homophobic reference. Have fun!

18. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Re: BTW, a BigSoccer tip:

Now, whose feelings are hurt? :)

19. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Just wanted to make sure you didn't take that the wrong way. I'll be back with the same old gripes in a couple weeks.

20. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bar's always open.

21. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Yeah but don't you have to be a member or something?

{waits for canned laughter}

I may be in Salt Lake in a few weeks so this is important to know if I want to party down with some Polygamy Porter.

I already know the password: "Cletus."

22. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003

Sachsen: You are true Flippin' IDIOT!!!!

I Think you miss the point. This is America, but if you want the game to be true and attractive to most, give up the nicknames on the shirts or adverts. You see, I think people represent their communities better just by having the kit colors period....I may be backwards, but why did we love" The Simplest Game"?

Another thing, I mentioned was back in the 1920's/30's teams were named just on their ethnic groups in some cases because they were formed by those who played elsewhere and knew what they were doing!!!! I think we should not forget that past in our country's involvement in the game.

We really just need to really drop the nicknames on the shirts or names of clubs!!!

If you dont understand my point, You're off the mark!!!

23. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003

If that had been truly the case, the would have kitted them out in the all-white kits of "Los Merengues", but I guess Checketts would be stretching it!!!

Yeah, that does bother me. If for no other reason. But that Chivas thing brought up something too. Mr. Vergara has some nerve to want to use "Chivas" to sell a club into MLS. Next thing you hear "Chupacabras" going after "Chivas"....LOL

The policy this club is operating I feel, seems to may contradict a little to what the "Chivas" are for....Because, they have not played foreigners on their teams. What will happen in the MLS??? will they hold on to their Mexican only policy? or will they sign foreigners to play for this team??? Its really a challenge and a doubt.

24. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Perhaps,

With the unveilling of this kit, perhaps the rest of MLS, can or will be able to fall in line and maybe design kits that are simple and not too busy with colors!!! Sure its coming into place, but really, there are some ways it can be improved!!!! IT'S SURE A DIFFERENCE FROM 10 YEARS AGO!!!

Lets only hope, that NIKE doesnt ******** it up as usual since they are notorious for making a classy kit one season only to get "liberal" and screw it up the next season!!!!

But Park City's kit is good!!! I have no real complaints.

25. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Ladies and gentlemen,

I dont' mind seeing a discusion getting a little crazy and having something too it beyond some over the top British-esque etiquette. It would be nice ot bring it down half a gradation though. The leg humpin and ass hat stuff is gettin' a little too nutty, a tad vulgar, and bit too personal. It's not the end of the world but just wanted to remind folks to keep it PG-13 and not stray into personal attacks.

Mucho gracias!