Paris Saint-Germain Players on International Duty

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Pandore, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    With the friendlies/qualifiers going on and, more importantly, Copa America starting soon, I thought we could use a place to keep track of our players. I am slightly worried because the World Cup had a negative effect on so many of our players (especially the likes of Silva and Matuidi), so I hope all our South Americans avoid injury (and heartbreak) this summer!

http://www.paristeam.fr/autour-du-p...du-psg-ont-brille-face-a-la-bolivie-17238.htm

Apparently Silva is being benched today for Brazil's friendly. Not sure if it's to rest him after a long season, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was some more nonsense being thrown his way.

http://www.paristeam.fr/interviews/...hiago-silva-en-conference-de-presse-17235.htm

On another note, apparently Cabaye will be starting today against Belgium.

NicolasN. repped this.
  2. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    #2 NicolasN., Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    All the reactions I've found regarding the performance of Pastore yesterday seem pretty positive. I'm happy for him. He's part of those players that make you love football, an esthete. :inlove:

Pandore repped this.
  3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Absolutely! It just warms my heart to see players like him flourish with their national teams too. It's such a joy to watch. Javier is such a special player, I'm so happy his career has progressed the way it has this past season.

4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Pastore with yet another good performance today for Argentina, but then got subbed off.

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    TS was on the bench again.

Dunga is a ********ing idiot. I have no problem with the Brazilian NT, I like a lot of their players, the Brazilians I've met are super nice people, but I hope this bites Dunga in the ass. I initially would have liked to see Brazil do well for our players (along with Argentina and Uruguay for our other South Americans) and their confidence, but now I'm really disappointed with the way they're treating a player of Thiago Silva's caliber. As if it wasn't bad enough that he was stripped of his captaincy, now he's on the bench. What a joke.

Unless he's injured. In which case, yes, please let him rest. ;)

7. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    I thought he wasn't fit. I dunno

On another note, Ibra scored 2 goals against Montenegro

Pandore repped this.
  8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I thought it may have been that, but I heard he came on as a sub for one of Brazil's friendlies. But I hope that is the case. I obviously don't want him to be injured/unfit, but it's better to think that's the reason than him simply benched for lesser players.

And that is awesome for Ibra! Thanks for telling us. :)

LKSisSexy repped this.
  9. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Yes, benching him is very strange. But tbh, I rather have him fit for fight when he returns to PSG

Pandore repped this.
  10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #10 Pandore, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    I'm torn because I want him fit of course, but I feel like players like him deserve success on all levels. Plus, I don't want his confidence to take a hit from being benched.

I love David Luiz and he has been good for us, but there's no universe in which he even comes close to how good Thiago Silva is. And Miranda is an excellent player, but he was not that impressive this year for Atletico compared to Godin and Gimenez.

11. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    That's true about the confidence. It's a double-edged sword

Pandore repped this.
  12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I know it doesn't involve any of our players, but wow what a game between Chile and Mexico!

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Jefferson - Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Filipe Luís - Fernandinho, Elias, Willian, Fred - Firmino, Neymar

TS finally starting, which is good, but he hasn't even played a full match for Brazil (only brought on as a sub against Honduras) in preparation for Copa America. It's unfair to just throw him in, but I hope he does well.

15. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #15 Pandore, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Solid performance from the captain tonight even though Brazil lost against Colombia. It would be ridiculous if he doesn't start the next game.

I love Neymar, he is such an exciting player to watch and I'd kill to have him in Paris, but his behavior tonight was very poor coming from a captain. He got a red card after the game was over for headbutting a player (a light headbutt, but still) and earlier on, he received a yellow for an accidental handball (a little harsh), but then he was lucky to stay on the pitch after his frustrations seemed to get the better of him as the game went on. You could tell he was frustrated because he wasn't playing as well as usual, he keeps getting targeted by refs while other players who foul him usually aren't penalized, but he should have kept his cool as the captain. That being said, while he should have done better, he is so young and there is too much pressure on him. I think Dunga is at fault for entrusting the captaincy with such a young player. I also think it would do more harm to strip him of the captaincy since it would be ridiculous to appoint yet another captain (even though I think TS is an amazing captain).

It's not going to be as fun watching Brazil with Neymar suspended! I really wish Lucas had been selected (not only because he's fun to watch, Brazil could have definitely used him). As for DL and Marqui, they were unused subs today.

16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Happy birthday to Pastore, who is in the starting lineup against Jamaica (about to start now)! :)

17. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Silva just scored for Brazil

You know, like a captain would when his team needs him :cool:

18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Brazil win 2-1 against Venezuela

That means all 6 of our guys (Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay) advance to the knockout stages. Good luck to them and most of all, no injuries please!

19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Cavani with a BS red card

Really terrible officiating this Copa America. It has really ruined the tournament this year

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Pastore starting again tonight against Colombia! I hope it's a good game.

21. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Hopefully this doesn't haunt Silva in the upcoming season.

Pandore repped this.
  22. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm devastated about this. He can't catch a break. It didn't look like he was trying to handle the ball, it looked like a reflex or a way to propel him up.

Whenever he does well, no one says something. And when he messes up once in a blue moon, it's all anyone can talk about.

To be honest, it must be a really awful feeling when you feel like you have no support, specifically from the manager. TS gave away the same kind of penalty in the CL, but we were all behind him and he ended up being the one to make us qualify for the next round.

LKSisSexy repped this.
  23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So it has been decided there will be three games suspension for Jara (who is a repeat offender).

Well kids, I guess we have learned that sexually assaulting someone is not nearly as bad as biting them.

:thumbsup:

24. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

This is so disturbing. What kind of team does this? Who the F are these nobodies to blame him?

You would think no defender has ever given away a penalty due to a handball based on the reactions. This is a part of the game, it happens. Other than the handball, he played very well in each game he started. He even scored a goal and helped out Brazil's abysmal attack.

He should retire from international football. He deserves better than this disgusting treatment.

25. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #25 Pandore, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015