Parc Des Princes Security/Bags

Discussion in 'France' started by bravessoccer, Apr 2, 2016.

1. bravessoccer

bravessoccer Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Hopefully one of you might be able to tell me what sort of policy PSG currently uses at Parc Des Princes regarding bags. The PSG website is not very helpful and a search of the forum did not yield recent results. I'm abroad with my family and are planning to attend PSG/Nice (April 2, 2016). Following the bombings in Paris, I know PSG instituted some new policies about what was allowed inside of the stadium and removed the ability to store items that were not allowed.

The question is this: What is allowed inside of the stadium? Am I allowed to bring a small bag with toddler supplies (diapers, mainly) into the stadium or are all bags still prohibited? Something along these lings: http://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-Luggage-Citysafe-200-Handbag/dp/B006TUYLVE

Merci beaucoup, for your insight.

2. bravessoccer

bravessoccer Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Wanted to follow up to let folks know about my experience with Parc Des Princes security.

First, it wasn't all that cumbersome. You have three security stops - the first to make sure you have a ticket voucher (either paper or mobile), the second to match your ID with your voucher and the third to print an actual ticket (right at the gate). It was a simple process, even with a small child.

As of April 2, 2016, security was NOT allowing backpacks or other large bags into the area, but were allowing small handbags. The bag I posted originally likely would have been held in storage for the duration of the match. That's the other good news - they are allowing storage for items that are not allowed in the stadium.