Paraguay League Thread

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by j710, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Another surprise is that he might bring Juan Arango to Cerro.

Lol thats what I was thinking. The guy has a temper, no way he's gonna be pushed around by thugs like Fidencio like Tiburon did.

2. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I don't know weather he is a good coach or not, but I know he likes to talk to the press a lot, he has no idea of what he is getting into, Cerro and his fans are desperate for a Libertadores anything short of that, they'll be making his life miserable, I can't wait to see this Novela LOL.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You have no idea how upset I am. All we needed was one goddamn win to win the championship and we choked in 2 games....one against the weakest team in the league.

Now we have to go into an extra game against Cerro which we'l probably choke too.

After the championship is over we need to do a serious clean up from coaching staff to players because their a bunch of pecho frios. I just can't believe how bad they blew it. It's so damn aggravating.

And let's face it, we all knew Sol was gonna give Cerro the win. Their team is filled with hardcore Cerristas.

4. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Eso pasa por contratar a un tipo engreido y sin personalidad como tecnico un fracasado de mierda como chiqui arce, le detesto al plaga ese y por casualidad llegamos a ganar el miercoles (dificil) se tiene que ir a patadas igual y que se lleve a unos cuantos muertos como zeballos y la mayoria de los muertos esos.

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The way the hinchada has been acting has been shameful though. Vandalizing player's cars and threatening Trovato and his family is not cool. We're stooping down to Cerrista level here.

I can only imagine whats gonna happen if we lose on Wednesday....

6. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Fvck them, They are lucky I'm back in the states or I would have burned down some of those cars not just scratch them, they have no shame, other than the threatening their family(I call bS on that), they deserve everything they got.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't know man. I was never cool with violence in sports no matter how pissed off you are.

I think there are better ways of protesting, like boycotting the team. Vandalizing in the end won't get you anywhere. These guys have enough insurance and money to easily fix their cars. Boycotting will hit them where it hurts the most...their pockets.

I can't see us winning on Wednesday. Too much pressure and the morale is extremely low while Cerro's morale is at an all time high. It's gonna be extra painful to lose the championship to those c*cksuckers out of all teams.

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    There was no violence involved here ,this was the preferencia fans yelling and screaming at players but no one was hurt, the scratching of 2 cars happened when they wouldn't show their faces and the police got involved, still a couple of cars scratched up it's not a big deal, The problem is that these players are used to the Barrabravas who are useless junkies that do not care wether we win or lose and they never say anything agains the club because they are the ones giving them tickets and money for their weed, they are making a big deal of this because the press loves it and the Players are too used to being pampered and don't like it when Fans protest against their shameful performance

9. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    A few years ago Cerro Porteno fans organized a day of shame and boycoted their team, guess how that worked out for them?? We are still calling them 25 pagantes because of it, those players are long gone most of them retired already but the 25 Pagantes name stuck with the club, so I think boycoting the team is a terrible idea.

10. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Those are the balls everyone wanted Olimpia to show! All is right again but it shouldn't have even came down to this game . However, on the bright side beating the scum for the championship made this even sweeter.

Did you hear Diego Barreto piss all over Zapag and Cerro? lol

11. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Mas vale que hayan ganado los pajeros esos, estan llorando por que todo lo que se les grito y se dijo de ellos pero bueno en fin les motivo para que ganen, ahora estamos a mano por la verguenza que nos hisieron pasar.

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How ironic is it that both Chiqui Arce and Pelusso won championships on the same day lol

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I really hope Dominguez becomes president of Conmebol because that would mean Robert Harrison would take over the APF in his place, and I'm a big fan of his.

14. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Well that really backfired on everyone, Gonzales Daher took over, the most corrupt of all of the dirigentes he really is the worst one of them all, he makes Grondona look like Mother Teresa.

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Daher is only a temporary president. Robert Harrison is gonna announce his candidacy tomorrow.

16. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chiqui Arce quit lol kinda unexpected for me for some reason. I thought he would last atleast until the middle of the season.

Looks like Jubero is the main candidate to take over. Jubero would be a good option, a serious coach who did wonders with Guarani.

17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am amazed at how much Jubero has turned Olimpia around. 5 wins in a row scoring 22 goals, going from bottom of the table to 3 points away from being leader, and playing good futbol.

And to think a bunch of idiots where asking for Almeida to come back :ROFLMAO:

18. maleneleila

maleneleila New Member

May 9, 2016
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
  19. maleneleila

maleneleila New Member

May 9, 2016
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
  20. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hey, does anyone know a place where I can watch Paraguayan matches? There is a few players in this league I'd like to follow for blog purposes. Thanks

21. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Just watched Cerro Porteno's 6-1 win over Nacional. Cerro looked really good, great counter attacking team. I was watching for Cecilio Dominguez who scored twice.

This said though I think I found the match by luck, if there is a place to watch more of these Paraguayan league games, I'd appreciate it.

22. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Watching the Paraguayan league games it's a struggle even for us, the only thing that actually works it's the app for the the cable company that owns the right, Tigo app, you got to pay and you can only use it on a cell phone (yes it sucks) other than that best bet is Rojadirecta and that's a hit and miss and you'll only know for sure at game time.

SiempreCrema repped this.
  23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah its extremely difficult to find matches. It used to be easier but I don't know why it's become more difficult. I'll have better luck finding matches from the Azerbaijan league then the Pyan league.

Sometimes I have some luck here,

http://www.pylive.net/2015/01/tigo-sports-online-en-vivo-por-internet.html

But even then it's a hit or miss and you'l only find matches involving Olimpia or Cerro and MAYBE Libertad.

SiempreCrema repped this.
  24. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Thanks to both. I'm mostly interested in matches from those 2 for the most part, although Guarani do catch my interest a bit as do Libertad.

Any thoughts on Josue Colman? Saw him the other day for Cerro and was very impressed.

25. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Giving Cerro vs Libertad a watch today (if I can find it). Watching it for Cecilio Dominguez and Josue Colman.