Paolo Maldini - Il Capitano - The King of Kings.

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by kckal, Feb 14, 2008.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bravo Capitano!
    [​IMG]

2. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oh wow, that is the first thing that has lifted my mood since tuesday...

although lets not get carried away... he is still just thinking about it...

also, he may only be convinced if we have a team strong enough to be real contenders... for both serie a and champions league... so he could have the double for his swansong...

3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, if he plays like he did in Tuesday's match, he can play with us for 5 more years. I hope he rethinks and maybe if we brig back Sheva and/or Crespo we can be a bit more successful with all our competitions.

4. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
  5. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    I 100% agree with this. That's why we need to rejuvinate this squad come summer time. (Accept replacing Paolo of course! ;))

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They might just keep him around to be a help to the rest of the younger players and "per fare gruppo". Milan does this a lot in the same way they kept Roberto Donadoni, Mauro Tassotti & Billy Costacurta.....

7. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is Maldini retiring this year or next as I read other websites that he will retire next year

As I swear if he does next year, I will fly over to Italy to see his last match

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He keeps changing his mind every year. He said he is coming off an operation this last summer and he said he feels really good playing in his natural left back position.

As opposed to playing forward or midfielder, I'm sure on defense he can still play. He certainly can read a game better than most players and on experience alone can hold his own. If he came to the MLS, he could play until he was 45 with no problem. Below is his rating aginst Empoli.
    Maldini 6 - Il capitano rossonero e` sempre prezioso anche se ormai il peso degli anni si fa sentire

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Serie A: le pagelle di Roma-Milan
    Dom 16 Mar, 12:03 AM

Maldini 6
    - Nonostante i 40 sembra ancora reggere ma non e` piu` quello di una volta bisogna essere onesti. Highlander, non troppo.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roberto Donadoni said on Fabio Fazio's show yesterday that he kind of resented all the negative talk about Paolo Maldini. He said they keep talking about the fact that he is almost 40 but what they fail to mention is if he is playing, it must mea that he is still good enough to compete and play with and against 18 & 20 year olds.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Today's rating on Paolo:

Maldini 6 Qualche bella iniziativa sulla sinistra, poi la solita partita attenta.

Maldini 6 A few nice plays on the left, then his normal game of being always ready.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How about an almost 40 year old Paolo Maldini pulling down a header for a goal? Incredible! Too bad Pirlo missed the pk after that.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maldini 6.5 -Uno dei migliori tra i suoi. Nel finale si porta spesso al cross e sigla il gol che poteva riaprire il match.

Maldini 6.5 -One of the best among the Milan players. In the end he gets in the middle of some crosses and scores a goal the reopens the match.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maldini 6.5 Impiegato da centrale, il capitano rossonero trasmette tranquillita` a tutta la retroguardia.

Starting in the center of defense, the rossonero captain employs tranquility for the entire backline.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maldini's foul that led to the goal was perfectly legal. It was a shoulder to shoulder which is permitted within the rules. He was towering and the other guy lost his footing....

Maldini 6.5 Il solito capitano, trasmette sicurezza e grinta ai compagni e tenta in tutti i modi di tenere su la baracca.

Maldini 6.5 The same old captain, he transmits security a force towards his teammates and challenges everyone to keep up the fight.

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope this isn'tthe case. It would be a sad way to end for agreat player. He has recently said that he wants to come back. I seriously doubt he wants to go out with an injury and especially not the way Milan has played this year...

19. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i am in shock

20. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    how is this possible? everything that can go wrong for this team is happenin...

21. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In a way I can't blame Milan because they are out of the CL and probably lacking the funds they are accustomed too....I'm sure in the end Berlusconi will give him what he wants.

23. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    one more year of paolo!

[youtube]UaZ7dyr7aCM[/youtube]

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. Neapolitan

Neapolitan New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    England
    Paulo Maldini is a true legend. The best of the best. His attitude towards the game we love is unmatched… It is a true honour that he is playing for another year.

Grazie Paolo…