Panini World Cup Sticker Album: Got, got, got, not got, got, not got

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Placid Casual, May 1, 2014.

1. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Any else doing this?

Me and the boy have been for a few weeks and have accumulated some doubles, if anyone has any they want to swap, please let me know.

Finding it hard to get Honduras, Costa Rica and German stickers.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did player cards with the kids for World Cup 1994. I still have thousands of them. Full sets, specialsets, inserts, everything. I figured they'd be worth something someday.

I was wrong.

3. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My parents got me Hero's of the Persian Gulf War baseball cards. I should be able to retire at any time.

Bill Archer repped this.
  4. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

There's still time!

5. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Me and my two older daughters have books. They think the Germans are hot, especially Götze. I have no Uruguay or Bosnia Herzegovina as yet. Between the three of us we don't get too many doubles, but if we start racking them up I'll send you a PM.

Placid Casual repped this.
  6. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    I have no idea what this is.

7. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    Are you talking about the set done by the same folks who did the NFL Pro Set cards? Those are worth a pretty penny too... no, really, somebody will give you a real nice looking penny for them, don't settle for that grimy, oxidizing penny they have...

Robbo Crewfan repped this.
  8. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It's a collector thing akin to baseball cards. You buy a book which has players from all the world cup teams and other related things like the stadiums, then buy packs of 7 stickers to fill up the book. You can find them wherever baseball cards and the like are sold.

http://store.paniniamerica.net/sports/soccer/sticker-collections.html

9. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am glad that this forum can be used to help fill your books with a complete set of stickers. I imagine it will be expensive to buy enough packs of stickers to get there, a minimum of $120. I had a book or two for baseball and know that it is a fun activity but would now get more enjoyment by buying a fancy customized jersey for that amount of money.

10. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is indeed the set. I think they have them somewhere in the bank locked up waiting for the money to flow.

11. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Where you buy them?

12. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Target/Walgreens/Walmart have them.

The boy actually seems to be interested in the World Cup after doing these so been worth it.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  13. djtrinidad

djtrinidad Member

May 30, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    My son and I are working on it also, well mainly me, but...I will go through the packs we got at target yesterday and see what we need.

14. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
  15. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Spent last 2 hours putting the stickers in with the boy. Reliving childhood! Forgot how exciting it is it see the flash of foil as you open the packet. Ha

Flyer Fan repped this.
  16. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Fantastic. The young un got a 3 shiney packet earlier. He was utterly thrilled.

Completed our first team last night - Japan.

17. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    I am an adult with no children, but I'm tempted to buy one of these because I love collectible a.

Trying to fight the urge but you guys got me interested.

Placid Casual repped this.
  18. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Do it.

19. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    I looked at them at Meijer today. I thought about it.

20. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Meijer have them? sweet

21. Uster rus

Uster rus New Member

May 11, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hi there, I'm also trying to fill the album and have a ton of doubles. I'd be down for joining some trading club

22. Swellster

Swellster Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Dallas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate you all. I read this (didn't even know about it before) and am now hooked. I never collected baseball cards before, but I tend to get obsessed with stuff like netflix tv shows and video games so I should have known better. I have not finished any teams yet. It will be hard for me to trade doubles because I am in Dallas, but we could work something out.

23. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    I can't get enough of it either. Panini have an iphone app and it scans the stickers really quickly, but for some reason, unless I cannot find it, they don't seem to have a way of publishing what swapsies you have

oh and btw my son was ecstatic, one pack, 3 foils. His face!

And lastly, why is everyone's foil portrait except Englands, which is landscape. Also, theirs is a flag and eberyone elses seems to be the badge from the jersey. I wonder if there is some copyright on the three lions or something.

24. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    The FA sold the rights to Topps I think - have done for the last few tournaments. If you look at the player pictures as well they are all generic white shirts.

25. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    I was thinking about Swaps - Currently I have a huge stack of them - I think I, I mean my son is down to 150 stickers needed.

Is it worth trying to have a meet up before the Chicago game or similar? I need to get some of these swapped.

Uster rus repped this.