Panama vs. Guadeloupe June 7, 2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, May 31, 2011.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Panama vs. Guadeloupe

First Round

2. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Guadeloupe possible line up against Panama.

Grandel - Tacalfred, Viator, S.Zubar, Comminges - Gamiette - Loval, Fleurival, Auvray (c), Clavier - Socrier

2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup
    First round
    July 5th : Group C (Oakland Stadium) : Guadeloupe - Panama 2-1
    Loïc Loval, David Fleurival for Guadeloupe. Nelson Barahona for Panama.

3. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Boys lets kick off the tournament with a win over Guadeloupe and get some revenge for the 2-1 loss last tournament. I Think Panama can make it out of the group and hopefully they play well enough to do so. It'll be tough but not impossible.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Part of me is rooting for Panama because of all the Colombian League connections.

Revenge against Guadeloupe should be fine motivation but that team is a hard nut to crack.

I am thinking a 1-1 tie but hope Panama wins.

5. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    vamos panama!!!! vamos a ganar!!!!

6. Theseofam

Theseofam Member

Feb 10, 2005
  7. supersewelly

supersewelly Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Not sure about that red. Was it deliberate?

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not sure it was a red too but the ref does not have the luxury of watching a bunch of replays. I can see why it looked to him that the player was deliberately trying to step on his leg.

So far so good for Panama. It is set up for them to get the three points. I am happy for them and the former Colombian League players who have scored so far.
    :D

9. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    not a surprising call, but a good ref would have given a yellow...it is concacaf after all

10. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man that was an ugly victory I am happy we escaped with 3 big points but the end of that match was rough to watch as a Panamanian supporter. Props to Guadeloupe for fighting until the end when they could have easily folded being 3 down they have proven to be a fiesty opponent the last couple Gold Cup's.

We have the USA next (I cheer for both as I am a dual citizen) and I don't know if we match up too well with them but if we can pull out a point from our next couple matches we really have a chance to advance. Most likely it will come down to our match with Canada for second place in the group. Anyways Viva Panama!!! Ugly but hey we got the three crucial points!

11. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUbV8LfQLH0"]CONCACAF Gold Cup 2011 Group C Panama 3-2 Guadeloupe - Highlights 06/07/2011[/ame]

12. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Happy for the 3 pts. but gosh what a way to almost give the game away by our backline, especially the young buck Dasent..

Dasent definitely looked shook out there, need Roman Torres back in a hurry on that Dline, in a hurry. and hopefully Machado is fine..cause if not then Cummings, another rook, will be playing, tho i'm not as worried with him as I am with Dasent.

Other than that, strikers looked good, missed some, made some.. the middle looked fine, but I insist that Barahona should be in the middle and not on the "bandas" (how u say bandas in english??) tho he does well on the bandas, just think he'd be better up the middle.

Also, thought JCDV should have put in Addles instead of Renteria...