Panama: Upcoming Friendlies (r)

Discussion in 'Central America' started by Reycd, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Re: Panama: Upcoming Friendlies

My Dept to you has been paid. Have a nice day.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3793129#post3793129

2. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ok. game is now over.

FT Iran 1 - Panama 0

3. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003

Iran 1-Panama 0. Goal scored off a penalty. Not a bad show for Panama, considering they flew to Tehran, played in their stadium and in very cold conditions. Good experience.

Pay up, suckers. I win the Bet.

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

The penalty was the right call and I don't think there was any dispute about it. However, I am very upset that we had an Iranian referee whistle this match. Besides not looking good, that actually made the Panamanians play a little "dirty" at times -- thinking the guy couldn't properly punish them. I just don't understand why the elbow/punch on Mobali in a friendly match? That was totally uncalled for and would have received a straight red card by most referees. There were a lot of other nasty challenges. And some unsportsmanlike behavior.

In terms of football, it was an even match for the most part, with Iran having the better chances. Iran enjoyed 10 corners to Panama's 3; 3 shots on goals to Panama's 2; 7 dangerous chances to Panama's 3. Iran had a couple of one-on-one type situations that might have found the net in the middle of the second half.

The best "play" in the game, IMO, was a fantastic save by Panama's young goalie from a close range; that was a superbly taken header to the ground, but the reaction of Panama's goalie was even better! Iran's goalie, Mirzapour, also had a nice flying save from a shot taken by Panama's #10 (I think he was Medina, the "pseudo-blonde" guy).

My evaluation of Panama would be as follows:

Your players play rough and tough, which is actually a good quality -- as long as they don't engage in the unnecessary, "nasty things", that occasionally crept into your play. Overall, your team work is fine, with fine build ups and some decent players. Tactically, your style might be called "naive" however, since you press too up away from your box, giving a lot of space to an opponent to punish you. Iran wasn't able to take advantage of that in this game, but it can cost you in a serious match.

For this game, the Panamanian player I liked the most was your young keeper, who I understand is normally a substitute. I thought he did very well the few times he was tested seriously. He appeared to be a classy fellow.

As for Iran, it was a mediocre performance. I thought our players did pretty much their best, and exhibited fine team work and individual skill most of the match. However, they weren't fully comfortable being under constant physical challenge from a physically tough Panama team. Occasionally, on the physical challenges, they would come up short. Down the road, specially looking to opponents from outside Asia, that is something they need to work on more.

5. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003

Well Said. I pretty much agree. Although your thoughts on Panama'a "rough" style of play is pretty much subjective. You saw it one way, I saw it the other way. But that's the beaty of football, we can all agree to disagree. And laugh about it together.

Once again, you assesment of the game was right on. Panama played Naive football, too many touches on the ball when they should shoot. That's one of Panama's biggest flaws.

6. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada

nice game robincd ;)
    got panama's respect, we both had very weak side though, the iran side was disgustinly boring :(
    good luck in concacaf qualifying ;)

7. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada

btw
    1) was that panama's a side?
    2) and do you think the penalty was fair, i do think so
    thx
    and lol, ur players are violent.

8. barcelonafc

barcelonafc New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Ciudad de Panamá
    Re: Panama: Upcoming Friendlies [R]

Final result
    Iran 1-0 Panama.

Penalty well deserved for the irani team, the ball possession ended 52% for Panama, 48% Iran.

I liked that we dont stay in the back waiting for the counteratack, the team started like scared, but, while the minutes pass on, Panama improve their performance, using their wings, sending passes to area, seeking for the head of the forwards.

The shots on goal ended 3-3 for both.

The best chance for Panama was a shot outside the area, by Julio Medina III, recently bought by a team form El Salvador, Aguila F. C., that Iran's goalkeeper saved with an crobatoc jump.

Both teams played well, and both played with nwe players in their starting lineups, the most.

Ali Daei, ex Bayer Munich and Hertha Berlin, and Kodad Azizi, were the best for Iran.

9. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

I probably should have mentioned that there were some hard challenges by Iran's players too. However, I guess that elbow/punch kind of bothered me. It seemed unnecessary.

Anyway, for Panama, it was not a bad match. Although as we both agree your team can be naive tactically, I have a sense Panama will do well enough to be Concacaf's 'playoff' team. You were missing players and testing some new ones, so I assume your team can be stronger. Even with the missing players, you weren't any slouches either.

For Iran, outside a 10 minute span in the second half, it was not a satisfactory match. I think Iranian fans would have expected a better performance from their players. While its true we missed some of our best players like Karimi, Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Rezaie etc, we fielded a strong enough lineup to have expected a better performance. In reality, though, it was a lackluster affair for the most part.

Good luck in Concacaf qualifying. Once again, I think your team can aim for finishing 4th, or even perhaps squeeze in as the 3rd place team though that seems less likely.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Panama: Upcoming Friendlies [R] dec 2004

iranians, please teach me: there is no stadium in south Iran to host the game? aafter all it was a friendly, no need to get the support of Theran fans, cold weather afected panama big time.

the high voltage and intensity: 2factors, half of the team wanted to show coach Hernandez, that they are belong to the national squad, and 2nd, they wanted to stay into the game (hot and warm) with what you called dirty encounters. Good result for panama!

robic....what thread you want to move? Who is to carry the losing LINE under the screen name? ;)

11. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Close game. Panama team is too physical though and I do agree with IM that elbow/punch on the Iranian player was very nasty. Blood was pouring from the poor player's nose and mouth. That should had been a red card!

12. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada

ya, the ref was real kind
    and the other guy hacked kaabis feet when teh ball was a metre away , lol
    and to answer ur question sir, the best stadium we ahve other then this is Takhti and wen is Esfahan, the the weather is weather, it wont change much in the other regions

13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Actually, only 7,000 were in attendance, while outside of Tehran, where the fans aren't as spoiled, you would get a much bigger crowd. However, Iran plays pretty much all its national games at Azadi stadium. Frankly, many Iranians believe that when we are playing Arab teams (who are also not used to cold weather), we should move our games to one of our 2 very fine stadiums in Tabriz! There, the weather is really cold in the winter! Tehran is not as cold in comparison.

We have a couple of decent stadiums in Isfahan, in central Iran, but the stadiums in the south aren't good enough for an international match.

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Well he's right. They could have played the game in the Ahvaz stadium in the south or Takhti in Esfehan but as we all know the game wasn't even confirmed untill a few days ago so they had no time to plan anything elsewhere.

15. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003

It was a tribute thread for Chocolate. Due to our bet. Called CHOCOLATE in Concacaf. Morado moved it to the Iran Forum. Thanx.

Persian Tiger and SS2006 must honor their debt.

LOCATION must read: ROBINCD
    TEAM must read: IS MY GOD

FOR ONE FULL MONTH, STARTING TODAY. No Sockpuppets allowed. Hopefully they will honor the arrangement.

Thanx agian to all. Specially the Iranian supporters that posted some interesting facts, and their views. All and all it has been a fun thread.

16. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

The following are the stadium we have in Iran that can reasonably accomodate a friendly international match.

1- Azadi stadium (Tehran). 100,000 capacity. Iran's main national team stadium.

2- "Yadegar-Imam" stadium (Tabriz). 70,000 capacity. (Tabriz is typically much colder than Tehran).

3- Naghshe-Jahan stadium (Isfahan). 70,000 capacity. (Isfahan is not much warmer than Tehran; maybe a few centigrades but roughly the same weather conditions).

4- Takhti stadium (Tabriz). 30,000 capacity.

Besides these, the other stadiums we have aren't really good enough to host a friendly international, even though some of them have nice pitches. In the south, the best one is "Fooladshahr" stadium in Ahwaz. There the weather is much warmer than Tehran, but that is not a stadium or venue well suited to host a visiting international team.

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

true!

we want to thank all the iranians that produced quality and teaching comments here! THE REP -GREEN POINTS- Are in order, feel free to spread your love around. It was great to interact this way, you guys are always welcome here.

I wish the iranian feds pay a visit to panama in the near future, with the national team (the same or improved version) ;)

18. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003

Done. I'LL spread some GREEN dots around. Pay it back people!

19. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada

i did,, if u mean that reputation thing right?

20. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada

efernandez and reycd, are u guys actually from panama?

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

I think robin is in the hotel business in panama
    eferna, is a long time neighbor to the south of panama, and has a soft spot for futbol development in Panama. Now days even more, the colombian liga has several panamenians listed and the last 2 coaches are colombians making a name for el cannal!

I don't know about RobCD :confused:

22. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003

Yes. reycd is somebody else.

23. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada

arent u and reycd bros?
    are uf rom panama robincd?

24. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003

I'm currently in Panama, yes. But I keep a place in Miami. Reycd is in fact my brother. He is 100% Panamanian. I'm not.

25. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada

would i be bugging u if i asked u to further explain :)
    just curious