Palmeiras [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by BrianCappellieri, Sep 6, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Marcos hits out at Palmeiras directors

SoccerNet

2. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    5 coaches in one month !

Palmeiras had five coaches in one month. One coach for four games and one coach/game for the rest. The new coah is Levir Culpi. Will see....

3. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002

Has Senhor Culpi got a chance of the Selecao job?

4. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Remember when he was coach of Sao Paulo he was in view after Luxemburgo was fired!! But they went with Leao. But I don't think so, my money's on Antonio Lopes!!

5. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002

I think Luxemburgo might just get it. It could be said that he has unfinished business.

6. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I really don't wont Luxemburgo to be the next coach. But with the WC qualifiers coming up next year, let him be coach and screw up again so we can get rid of him again...hopefully for GOOD!!!

7. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Things have gotten so bad at Palmeiras that Marcos has asked to be dropped by the team!! Palmeiras has sank to the bottom of the league!!

8. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Palmerias' logo

Why is it that everytime you buy a Palmerias item that has its logo, the green on the logo is a glitter like string? Is the logo on the player's jerseys like this as well?

9. Galo_Doido

Galo_Doido New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    Belo Horizonte
    Ugly Palmeiras defeat 7-2 in home... god... i'm glad there was not a full scale riot in Parque Antarctica this night.... Palmeiras is really below average, and I've changed my point of view.... To me, if Palmeiras dont go to the third division this year, they should be glad.....

10. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    I was amazed at that score...geezz and my Inter has to play Vitoria this week away!!

11. mikesterw

mikesterw New Member

May 2, 2001
    Long Island, NY
    I was watching the Flamengo game and it seemed like every 5 minutes they were breaking in with another goal. Ugly.

12. PsyKoh

PsyKoh New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Don't worry, Vitoria is not that good. It's just that Palmeiras is THAT bad nowadays.

13. trmbrasil

trmbrasil Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcos foi bebida

Well, Palmeiras hadn't played a game for two months so it is possible that they are sorely missing the ritmo de jogo. Vitoria, however, isn't horrible this year. Coming from a fan of O Bahia that should sound impressive.

The most shocking aspect of the game is that Marcos looked disgusting in goal. The 7th Vitoria goal was scored after he completely missed the ball trying to clear it. It simply rolled under his feet and the Victoria atacker poked it in. Several other goals went past his legs and under him in positions where it seems he should have made the save. It's almost like he forgot how to extend his body along the ground and take away the angle of the shot. Maybe he just needs to stretch more before the next game, or not get called to a selecao anytime soon.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    how can they fell so low!?

El Palmeiras, uno de los más laureados y tradicionales clubes del fútbol brasileño y ahora en medio de la más grave crisis de su historia, anunció la liberación del colombiano Carlos Castro y de otros cuatro jugadores.

Castro, delantero de 32 años que llegó al Palmeiras procedente del Necaxa mexicano a principios de este año cedido hasta diciembre, casi no jugó con el equipo titular.

Estuvo dos meses parado a la espera de su visado de trabajo en Brasil y ahora, apenas dos partidos después de su debut, ha sido dejado cesante por el técnico Jair Picerni, que pretende renovar la plantilla para encarar el torneo de segunda división.

Castro, según fuentes del club paulista, deberá decidir ahora su futuro con los directivos del Millonarios colombiano, club al que pertenece su ficha.

Junto con la de Castro hoy se anunció la salida de los defensas centrales Indio y Gustavo y de los laterales Nenem y Everaldo.

El Palmeiras, que este año jugará por vez primera en la segunda división, está hundido en la peor crisis de su historia y ha perdido en todas sus últimas salidas al campo.

La última derrota fue la peor sufrida por el equipo de camisa verde en casi un siglo: fue goleado 2-7 por el frágil Vitoria, en un partido correspondiente a la Copa de Brasil.

15. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    back from the dead!

Palmeiras wins Série B/2003 and is back to the elite of Brazilian football:

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/esporte/ult92u68445.shtml

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PALMEIRAS
    Marcos; Baiano, Gláuber, Leonardo e Lúcio; Marcinho, Magrão (Corrêa), Élson e Diego Souza (Pedrinho); Edmílson (Muñoz) e Vágner.
    Técnico: Jair Picerni

BOTAFOGO
    Max, Rodrigo Fernandes, Sandro, Edgard e Jorginho Paulista; Túlio (Gedeil), Fernando, Almir e Camacho; Edvaldo (Daniel) e Dill.
    Técnico: Levir Culpi

Local: estádio Parque Antarctica, em São Paulo
    Árbitro: Luciano Almeida (DF)
    Cartões amarelos: Gláuber e Rodrigo Fernandes
    Cartões vermelhos: Baiano, Camacho e Jorginho Paulista
    Gols: Vágner, aos 9min, Almir, aos 20min, e Magrão, aos 32min do primeiro tempo; Pedrinho, aos 33min, e Vágner, aos 39min do segundo tempo.

16. PALMEIRAS

PALMEIRAS New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    BRASIL
    Palmeiras the most and best team of Brazil

everybody knows that PALMEIRAS is the best team of Brazil......
    do you know why?
    Because PALMEIRAS was the first team won national`s league twice...Palmeiras has 4 national´s championship
    Palmeiras was the first team won world championship ( Copa-Rio) 1951
    Palmeiras was calling of soccer academy.
    Palmeiras has 21 State´s championship.
    Palmeiras is The team of century by papers.
    Palmeiras won Libertadores.
    Palmeiras already was Brazil´s selection, all team..
    since the couch until striker.

Because of this PALMEIRAS is the best and most team of Brazil

17. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    welcome!

Hello PALMEIRAS! Finally a Palmeiras fan here. I wonder where have they been all this time. ;)

There was already a thread here to talk about Palmeiras, so if you don't mind I'll merge the threads for more insightful discussion.

18. Palmeirense

Palmeirense New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Fortaleza
    Palmeiras

Palmeiras-Champion of the Century.

Campeonato Brasileiro-1972,1973,1993,1994.
    Taça Brasil-1960,1967.
    Torneio Roberto Gomes Pedrosa-1967,1969.
    Copa do Brasil-1998
    Copa Mercosul-1998
    Copa Rio(mundial de clubes)-1951
    Copa Libertadores-1999
    Copa dos Campeoes-2000
    Torneio Rio São Paulo-1933,1951,1965,1993,2000.

Palmeiras-the Best!!!!!!!!!

19. Palmeirense

Palmeirense New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Fortaleza
    Palmeiras

Palmeiras is the best team of the world!!!!!!!!!!

20. rodolfokramer

rodolfokramer New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Congratulations to Palmeiras

Palmeirense, congratulations for coming back to Série A playing ball.

Botafogo and Palmeiras have proved they are too big!

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you tell me about Palmieras?

Okay I'm sure some of you can educate me on this once storied club.

Who are their best players?

how are they doing now?

Any famous players in their past?

How's the club run?

Stadium?

Town?

English websites?

22. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I split and moved your post to the specific Palmeiras thread on the forum. I think here will be better place for the new Palmeirenses to answer your questions. I don't think that other thread will be the proper place for any serious discussion. :D

PALMEIRAS and Palmeirense, can you guys help him?

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks

24. Palmeirense

Palmeirense New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Fortaleza
    Palmeiras

Dear panicfc
    Our best players actually are Marcos(goalkeeper),Magrão,Lúcio and Vágner Love.
    In the past, our best players were Ademir da Guia,Djalma Santos,Luis Pereira,Leão,Dudu,Julinho Botelho,Rivaldo,Roberto Carlos and others.
    The president Mustafá Contursi( is trying renovate contract, for in 2004, Palmeiras will be champion of brazil cup, paulista championship and brazilian championship.
    Our Stadium is Palestra Itália(Parque Antártica), in São Paulo.
    An english website about Palmeiras is:www.palmeiras.com.br/Internacional/main-english.htm

25. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Palmeirense, push the "reply post" button in order to answer topics in the same thread.

I guess you might try answering that "favorite club in Brazil" thread again. :)