Pacific Rim Cup Feb 8-10th 2018

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CybrSlydr, Dec 22, 2017.

1. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that the league is promoting the Columbus name overseas.

3. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    This Cup is a Thoma dream come true.

Bill Archer, TRUJDUB and hangthadj repped this.
  4. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Man i would love to go to Hawaii and see some Crew

Tobias C repped this.
  5. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only does it seem strange that ML$ would want to promote internationally the brand of a club they want to move in a year, but it also seems strange Prec**t would be willing to shell out the dough to have the club fly all the way to Hawaii and back for a preseason warmup tourney instead of playing one in SC or Fla.

Tobias C repped this.
  6. soccerinparadise

Dec 18, 2009
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Whoops! I just started another thread on this subject. Didn't see this one. The tournament is organized by... Local Hawaii promoters along with Japan groups. So I'm sure they are relieved that they got two MLS clubs on the bill. This IS, however -- as I wrote -- the fifth Hawai'i MLS preseason tournament in Hawaii since 2004. We've had DC United, LA Galaxy, Houston Dynamo, Colorado Rapids among other clubs. The games are Feb 8 & 10. I hope there will be a fan or two from Ohio -- and as in past years, family members coming over. Looking forward to meeting fellow UA alum Wil for first time, and Copley HS grad Josh Williams. #SaveTheCrew!

CybrSlydr, TRUJDUB and CrewV Man repped this.
  7. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Will any of these games be streamed ?

8. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Broadcast info for the games.

https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/post...nnounced-pacific-rim-cup-preseason-tournament

Columbus Crew SC today announced that it is set to host a live stream on ColumbusCrewSC.com for its matches in the upcoming Pacific Rim Cup preseason tournament. The inaugural edition of the Pacific Rim Cup is set to take place Thursday, February 8 through Sunday, February 11 at Aloha Stadium — Hawaii’s largest outdoor arena. Play-by-play broadcaster Neil Sika will bring the calls from Hawaii for the two Black & Gold preseason matches. The first broadcast, on Friday, February 9 against Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo kicks-off at 1 a.m. ET. The winner of that match will play on Sunday, February 11 at midnight while the loser will play on Saturday, February 10 at 9 p.m. ET. Sika’s live-stream calls of the match for whichever date Crew SC plays its second match will also be available on ColumbusCrewSC.com.

The tournament is set to feature Major League Soccer’s Crew SC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC as well as Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo and Iwaki FC from Japan. The event marks the first time in six years that teams from MLS and J League will compete in Hawaii.

The four participating teams will play in a single-elimination style tournament beginning on Thursday, February 8.

Draghignazzo repped this.