PACHUCA -tuzos official thread. [R] Vol. II

Discussion in 'Pachuca' started by sidspaceman, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    After 6 years 4 months and 3 days Vol.II.

3. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Damn, took that long? Subscribed.

4. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    crazy sub

wonder how long this thread will last. maybe less since it seems pachuca is gaining a few more fans

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Club San Miguel de Allende thread Vol. II

Lucky # 5

6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    What now?

Since there are a few other Tuzo supporters here. Let's talk about the future. The biggest questing for Los Tuzos is the #9 or center forward. Personally I don't like this formation, it does allow Chaco & Alvarez display their talents as attacking midfielders. Since Meza will stay w/ this setup, who will be up top? Calero shows more intent on goal than Christian.(No, I am not talkin' about Christian "El Chaco" Giménez). Los Tuzos need someone like Borgetti, Carsten Jancker, or even Brian McBride. Now for the kicker. I am hearing rumors that Calero & Cabellero are talkin' about retirement. I what to hear from you real Tuzos here!!!![​IMG]

7. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  9. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OI miss Cacho and Rey, Since they have left we have fallen apart. Marioni is not all that good. He creates so many chances and never scores. Hes a great forward but all that matters is the end result. This was are problem in Japan, We had 70 percent position in practically all 3 games and only won once. Bring back Cacho

10. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I like the moves the front office is pulling. A much needed renovation was due and with the likes Munoz Mustafá and Sabah it looks like it's finally happening. Sabah isn't the most exciting signing but I think he'll add depth and that is always welcome. There are still rumors about bringing in Giancarlo Maldonado, don't know how strong of a possibility that is though. One thing for sure is that we needed a solid center back to deepen our quality at that position, We've got Leo López and Julio Manzur and now Muñoz Mustafá, good signing IMO. Fausto Pinto was a good marking left back but was playing out of position in central defense and it showed in the Mexican tournament and even more glaringly in the CWC.

Like you said Rob the biggest question mark is definately the center forward position. If we can get a solid 9, like Maldonado for example, we'll be competitive in the Clausura or Libertadores (not both as that is too much to ask). Overall I see us having a good upcoming season, of course assuming Muñoz Mustafá, Sabah and whoever else arrives can adapt quickly and bring a positive contribution to the club. :)

11. El_Profe_F

El_Profe_F New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I definitely see Tuzos being stonger with these two recent moves. I think Mustafa is great in the middle defense, where there have been issues in the past couple of seasons. Sabah is a very competent forward, and if they pull of the move for Maldonado, Pachuca will go far in the liguilla and any tournaments they play in next season.

I really like these two moves, but Maldonado would really consolidate the off season moves. Pachuca has shown some good commitment to strengthen the team, way better than last season when they got rid of Cacho and brought in Marioni.

12. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Well u guys have lost 2 strikers Marioni and Correa but have signed 3, Ulises Mendvil, Sabah and Paraguayo Edgar Benitez, so i think u guys will do better up front than last season since Correa & Marioni didnt do good, and Sabah and Mendivil are ok players while Benitez looks like a good striker
    http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/notas/n984517.htm

13. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

Sabah doesn't join after all and instead u guys get Blas Perez :), I think Perez is better
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia/71925/miguel-sabah-ya-no-blas-perez-es-el-bueno/

14. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
  15. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Blas Pérez is a good player, he showed it during Cúcuta's recent fairly run in Libertadores a few years ago but since then he has failed to adapt at Hércules and Tigres so hopefully he can fit in well with us if the transfer goes through that is.

In other news, Unfortunately, Aquivaldo Mosquera is not going through his best moment with Sevilla. He allegedly threatened a journalist who wrote an unfavorable article about Aquivaldo about a week ago. Hopefully things get better and he adapts but if not the doors are more than open at Pachuca. :)

http://www.eldesmarque.es/content/view/16792/27/

16. austinwetherby

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did you say jaime correa left, that would be devastating, he has been with us forever

17. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    From what I gather on ESPNDeportes, He is still a Tuzo. This was the updated transfer list from 12/30
    1. Arrivals: Edgar Benítez, Blas Pérez, Ulises Mendívil, Javier Muñoz Mustafá
    2. Departures: Bruno Marioni, Fausto Pinto

18. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Also Julio Manzur's exit seems imminent, possibly to Puebla, to free up a foreigner spot on the squad.

19. austinwetherby

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not to excited so far by the transfers. I loved the team we had winning 5 championships in 15 nmonths. So all the changes lately ave been tough to swallow for me

20. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    True, but it's pretty clear that the team wasn't going to regain that brilliant form so changes were necessary.

21. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Interliga 2009 result: Pachuca 4-0 UAG, top of the group with 3 points and a +4 goal differential. :)

Pachuca 3 +4
    Toluca 1 0
    Morelia 1 0
    Tecos 0 -4

Excellent debut for the Paraguayan Benítez, what a goal he scored! Things went so well even the teenager Mañón scored. Looks like we'll at least be in the playoff game versus one of the clubs from group B.

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    New additions are fitting in well. Awesome start to the New Year!!!
    [youtube]v/oSyFYL2PE7s[/youtube]

23. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    You guys looked great out there, With Benitez and Perez up front and Chaco * Damian Alvarez behind u guys will have a killer offense

24. austinwetherby

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We played fantastic once again. We always play well in control of ball possession every game, tournament or continent we play on. We just don't score. The Benitez looked fantastic, Perez looks like cristiano ronaldo at first glance just darker. He just missed a chance but i have no doubt he will come through. And as always Pachucas youth system is one of the best on the planet. Manon scored he is only 16 years old, maybe he truened 17 by now idk