Pachuca players on international duty

Discussion in 'Pachuca' started by Naui_Ocelotl, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Paco looked good for the Yanks tonite. He got about 15 minutes of run. I don't know about Benitez, but I know he got 15 minutes of run in a losing effort to Colombia.

2. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    USA fan here. Paco was fantastic. His best game for the USA. His touch and passing are rather beautiful.

3. h9932

h9932 New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    tell the truth he don't contribute at all you guys would probably play better with that traitor edgar castillo we should sell torres and play someone who has real talent

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    WOW!!!!:eek:

5. h9932

h9932 New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yea i said it :D its the truth torres doesn't do much though he does get players from other teams red cards :rolleyes:

6. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I like 'Gringo' Torres.

He has a nice long range shot as well as being a decent two-way midfielder with a good touch on the ball. He's not a holding midfielder as I've seen him categorized but collaborating alongside a true number five like Correa, 'Paco' can be a very useful player IMO.

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Víctor Omar Mañón is getting done w/ El Tri's U17. He has appeared all 3 of El Tri's matches.

8. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    He didn't have a great game today though, really most of the squad was sub par but the 2-0 was a good result.

9. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Paul Aguilar had a good performance with the Tri once again and is looking good for South Africa.

From what I heard Gringo Torres was one of the few bright spots on the field for the US against the Netherlands. Only real attacking threat (besides Blackmouth's late goal) with two decent long range strikes.

Pájaro Benítez didn't play against Athletic Bilbao in Paraguay's friendly with them. Actually I don't think he was called.

I think these guys will go to the World Cup, Mexico-Aguilar, USA-Torres and possibly Paraguay-Benítez.

10. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Paul Aguilar's on the preliminary (domestic based only) Mexico roster. He'll have some serious competition to make the final cut though since 4 outside backs were called.

11. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
  12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Mucho Grassy Ass for the link ;) I was able to get the jist of what was being said. Kewl that the piece showed Paco's background & what might happen in the future. Hopefully Paco makes the USNMT this summer.

13. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Well it's not completely in Spanish as there was some English spoken in there by his mom and other relatives. On the football side of things Bunker Bob and Landy Cakes also make brief appearances.

14. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    His girlfriend is hot.

15. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
  16. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
  17. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Paul Aguilar has been subpar in these first two Euro tour games, sadly I wouldn't be surprised if he were cut from the final squad. José Torres and new signing Hérculez Gómez have both made the final 23 man United States squad. Herc pretty much sealed his place on the roster after scoring in the USA's 2-4 loss to the Czech's, good for him.

18. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Paco looked good too.

19. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I watched the US vs. Turkey match & announcer John Harkes was having an orgasm every time Paco touched the ball. Check it out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILW6g-r4mU]Paco Torres vs Turkey[/ame]
    I think there might be more Tuzos fans after this World Cup :D

20. pate

pate Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    Provo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and maybe a few of us before then too. ;)

Other than BS, where can a new fan look for coverage/information?

21. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali

The sites I usually goto for Tuzo info are as follows
    The Official Webpage of Pachuca
    One of the Best webpages about Mexican footie
    Tuzo TV provides highlights of Pachuca matches
    Yes, they are all in Espanol, but Pachuca is a Mexican Team. You can translate them by using BabelFish . No, not the one in the Hitchhiker's Guide Through the Galaxy, but close ;)
    Enjoy!!!

1 person likes this.
  22. h9932

h9932 New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    really doesn't matter mexico will do way better in the world cup than the U.S :D:p

23. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    New Tuzo addition, Herc Gomez continues to shine for the US. Scored another goal from a sup role. This guy has proved to be a super sub @ Puebla. Will be interesting how he performs for Pachuca in the Apertura/CCL.

24. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Yeah I don't think he'll be doing much for us. It was a stupid move letting Damian go.

25. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Paul Aguilar got the start today for El Tri. Unfortunately, he didn't go the full 90. Still he represented Los Tuzos good.