Pac12 2019

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Glove Stinks, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We are 3 weeks away from non conference play! Gonna be a great season in the Pac-12 and it starts off with a bang. Week 2 has 2 double headers as USC and UCLA face Florida and FSU! Thursday Aug 28th has UCLA V FSU followed by USC V Florida at Banc of California Stadium. Gonna be a packed house! Then Sunday USC V FSU followed by UCLA V Florida on campus at UCLA
    ALL 4 games televised on the PAC-12 network. Bring it on!

Jamaicanadian and socalsoccer23 repped this.
  2. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pac12 coaches poll
    1 Stanford
    2 UCLA
    3 USC

Chris Henderson projection
    1 UCLA
    2 USC
    3 Stanford

Who you got

3. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I like Chris's projection. I think the coaches are a little distracted by their own preseason when they do these polls, and mostly just go by last season. UCLA is STACKED with talent this year. I think, as a bonus, everyone on their roster this season is actually a soccer player!

Brian Webb repped this.
  4. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Chris's projections, too. However, last year, when comparing the pre-season projections for where all teams would fit within their conferences to where teams actually ended up, the coaches' projections were slightly better than Chris's. The coaches' projections, on average, were within 2.03 positions of actual finishes. Chris's were within 2.20 positions. Chris was significantly better, however, at projecting the conference Automatic Qualifiers for the NCAA Tournament (AQs being the 28 teams that win their conference tournaments, plus the regular season champs for the 3 conferences that don't have conference tournaments), getting 16 correct as compared to 11 for the coaches. On the other hand, the coaches were slightly better at picking the conference regular season champs with 11 as compared to Chris's 10.

So, the coaches actually did reasonably well, and better than I expected.

5. Number007

Number007 Member

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    De Melo and Kuhlmann ACL tears ?

6. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    DeMelo ruptured Achilles in February