P/I/P USOC Game 1: L.A. Galaxy vs Orange County SC, WEDNESDAY 6/14/17, 7:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Jun 6, 2017.

1. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    our keeper did a pretty good job tonight

hav77 repped this.
  2. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

hav77 and LEM-LAG repped this.
  3. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm not sure who we face next but, we better play more starters going forward. It won't be easy because of a congested schedule coming up but, Curt is up to it, right?

Saw Pete Vagenas before the game. Nice guy. He was on the phone and I gave him a "whats up Pete" as I was walking by. He said "hold on" to whoever was on the phone and walked over and shook my hand. Met Cobi, Joe and Sigi after the game. Good result. Onward!

Berks, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  4. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    We'll host Sacramento in the next round, and the winner will have to play the winner of SJ - Seattle in their stadium.

Berks, StillKickin and TrickHog repped this.
  5. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. We host Sacramento and if we win, we travel to the SJ-Seattle winner for the semi's. I don't know the criteria (or if there is one) for who will host the USOC final....

The Cadaver repped this.
  6. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I hope San Jose wins. We always lose at Starfire!

7. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Boy our defense looked bad. For me, I'm not an optimist for the season so I'm thinking that maybe we should prioritize the open cup and play more starters.

This is probably the only position that Villarreal is comfortable with, center attacking mid in a 4-2-3-1, basically Gio's new position.

It was interesting the Arrellano started over Turnley at left back.

TrickHog repped this.
  8. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Bruce had previously stated that Jose's best position was Robbie Keanes position, so I'm not surprised there. We brought Gio in who plays the same position so these next couple of games that Gio's gone for is probably make it or break for Jose. I'm a big fan of his so I'm really hoping he steps it up.

My guess it has to do with getting Arrellano has many minutes as possible. I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've read is that he's got a pretty high ceiling. During the draft a few had said (coaches/scouts/pundits) that Arrellano would have been a top 5 draft pick if he was going through the draft.