P/I/P: Revs @ Red Bulls, Sat May 27th, 7:30p [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, May 25, 2017.

1. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the above is fine but without a upgrade at the coaching slot it's not going to come together. Jay might have been an adequate coach if he were function in the MLS of the 90
    s but is not able to coach an MLS team in this stage of MLS's development. He's in over his head.

Sigi---please pick up the curtsey white phone

RevsRule repped this.
  2. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not just coaching upgrade but a GM willing and able to pull the trigger on that trade.

I don't think they would get a right back because they seem pretty high on Farrell still.

3. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigi has to curtsey -- he can't bow around all that excess baggage.:eek:

Humor aside, I totally agree with you. I was praying that Watson would be subbed after his first card (fortunately we skated on that one).

NFLPatriot repped this.
  4. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pigs are flying.... I agree with 98% of what Doc is saying. Heaps has to go. We have enough talent to be doing far better than we are but we aren't. For example:

1) We have a 600K forward that doesnt score much. Even worse, he doesnt get many chances. Figure out how to get him into the game or sell him. He looked disinterested last game and also looked pissed when he got the hook. I wouldnt even start him on Wed at this point. Start Juan

2) We get a player on loan and Heaps throws Caldwell under the bus. Then we only score 1 goal, on a PK, when we had been scoring quite a bit. The difference? Heaps went away from what was working to something that didnt work. Caldwell is too good to ride the bench for a loaner

3) Is Heaps the only one that doesnt see Tierney is done?

4) Find another solution for Watson. Physically he may be able to run but he makes too many mistakes in is likely to get a red card any time he steps on the field. Get another solution and get rid of him

5) Find a position for Rowe where he doesnt have to handle the ball too much. AM is not the one either. Diego needs to play there. I vote for LB with Tierney on the bench

6) Pay Cody. His salary is a disgrace for what he brings and we'll lose him if we dont give him a decent salary

7) GET RID OF HEAPS - we are below the playoff line, fold on big games, dont show up to play half the time, lineup changes every game. This is a professional sports franchise and we cannot be a training ground for a coach that never coached a U10 game before taking over. ITS NOT WORKING BURNS. Get a professional coach

I wouldnt mind Sigi but also wouldnt mind another proven coach that will make changes and demand that Burns gets off his ass and signs a real team. Thats the missing 2%. IDK if Sigi is the answer but he is available.

5. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I concur with most everything that has been written so far. Poor coaching (and GM, President, and Ownership). I would trade Lee and Kei, but I don't think you would get much back in return. Most teams in the league seem to have a better grasp of reality. Wait, get the Brooklyn Nets on the phone!! :laugh:

6. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait until LA2 makes up their mind between Sigi and Bob, then pick up their sloppy seconds to replace both Heaps and Burns. One man for two jobs, just think of the savings! ;)

7. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With who we have on our current roster I think Rowe belongs at left back

8. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hiring Sigi or Bradley would be a waste of time, neither would win anything here. I don't think Pep Guardiola could win trophies with the thin talent assembled here. At this point, winning the USOC would be a negative for the club given the GM's inability to fill out an entire roster and the coach's inability to develop talent. The revs are far too thin and would get Joe Publiced under Heaps.

The fact Heaps still has a job through the end of May is pathetic. For context, in 2002 Clavijo started the season 2-4-1 before getting fired on May 23rd. The revs need to fire Heaps now and put in Llamosa interim before it gets worse.

9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And thus we are stuck in an infinitely loop of futility. The coach isn't good enough, but it's really not his fault because the GM hasn't given him a decent roster. The GM isn't good enough, but it really isn't his fault because the owner won't let him spend what he needs to. The owner isn't good enough, because even though he wants to win, he is also a budget-conscience businessman (which is a good thing, right?), and the owner can't be fired, so, what's wrong with the coach again?...

patfan1, teskicks, RevsLiverpool and 3 others repped this.
  10. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all Society's fault! No one is to blame except the system that enabled this to happen.

So when we miss the playoffs again this year, how are they going to spin it so they don't have to fire Heaps?

11. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    It is the fans' fault for not supporting the team enough.

It is known.

NFLPatriot repped this.
  12. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

Fake news?

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  13. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    I think its the Russians fault. I have it from two, double secret sources that Mike Burns has a secret line to Putin and is leaking Heap's lineup to opposing coaches, via Russia, the day before the game. It's no wonder he can't do anything. It's not his fault

14. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Since we brought up Russia, I've long thought Russia would be a great league to sign players from. High level of play, players are used to long travel, and likely some of the black players would be glad to play in front of fans who don't throw bananas at them.

ToMhIlL repped this.
  15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, there are lots of leagues around the world where, if nothing else, the appeal of living in a relatively sane environment where you don't get harassed if the team is doing badly (not to mention the racial abuse that unfortunately is common in some places). They could definietly mine the Russian league, although they tend to overpay with Petrodollars and mob money.

Aside from playing in one of the top Euro leagues, MLS is going to become more and more appealing to players. Unfortunately, to a lot of people, "MLS" will mean Ellay, Nyew York or any of the dozen or so more glamourous places than a team that plays on plastic grass in a stadium 3x too big in a suburban shopping mall with constant remiders of a far bigger, more successful and more important team everywhere you look.

16. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ukraine is a comparable or better league to Russia.