P/I/P Revs @ NYRB, Sat July 11 [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Jul 10, 2015.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Less than 30 hours until game time and no thread yet? Must be the summer swoon.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...on-announces-referee-assignments-week-19-2015

New York Red Bulls vs. New England Revolution | MLS Match Preview
    July 10, 2015
    MLSsoccer staff
    MLSsoccer.com

33% chance of a red card?

RevsLiverpool and a517dogg repped this.
  2. orangebook

orangebook Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Boston-ish
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    For a moment there I thought I saw Allen Chapman as ref and I panicked.

3. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite injuries, New England Revolution hope to sure up defense vs. Red Bulls
    July 10, 2015
    Craig Forde
    MLSsoccer.com

And if that doesn't work, we're going to try scoring more goals than the other team...

4. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be shocked if Dorman doesn't get at least a yellow.

I'm not expecting too much out of the Revs but I am hoping to see more cohesion in the attack. You know, like they've actually played together before?

Also, I'm hoping that if the Revs play terrible, there is some kind of plan B in terms of tactical adjustments

5. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Donny Smith no longer count as a defender? I thought he played well there in the Open Cup game. I thought he was better than Hall.

6. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Former Scottish Formula 1 driver Jackie Stewart used to do TV commentary where he'd say insightful things like "The faaaasterrr tha caaar goooos aroond thae trrreck, the mooore lake-leh ett-ess tae wenn thu race."

7. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Agree. Donnie Smith is another player that, like Neumann, needs games somewhere. He's rotting on the bench behind Tierney (according to Ives Galarcep, the best left back in the league so far this season). But Smith has speed that Tierney doesn't have, and since he was playing center-back, apparently he can defend as well. Time to give him a shot. I think if we get to "station the Tierney turret on the left flank" time, we should just move Tierney up and put Smith on behind him to overlap.

8. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Revs finally get a decent ref in this one. Alan Kelly is the guy who carded three Orlando players in one game for simulation. Long may his card wave!

9. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope someone lets Nguyen, Davies and Agudelo know about this......:)

10. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True but that's a double edged sword. He's card happy which makes me nervous given we are down to 5 defenders. Not for simulation necessarily but a rash challenge by Farrell or JoGo and God forbid an injury or card suspension. In any of those scenarios we're screwed along the back line.

11. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friggin JoGo is useless

12. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may actually turn this game off

13. RoyNJ

RoyNJ Member

Sep 23, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not even sure Jermaine Jones could save this team now.

14. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was Heaps id fine JoGo for being stupid. Not only does he semi suck as a defender, he has now picked up a red card. Id fine him for that and I'd actively try to move him. He's not worth the trouble.

The situation on the Revs is critical. Something drastic has to be done. This team is disfunctional

15. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 RevsLiverpool, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    I think this quote from RBNY's Lloyd Sam sums it up:
    The revs just need to right the ship before it sinks although they're taking on water at a pretty scary clip right now.
    The revs are now in a 3 way tie for 3rd in the EC standings. All their conference rivals have games in hand-
    TFC 1 pt behind, 5 GIH
    Philly 2 pts behind, 1 GIH
    Montreal 3 back, 5 GIH
    NYC 4 back, 3 GIH
    Chicago 6 pts back, 4 GIH

NYC plays TFC tomorrow so either the weekend of MLS action will end with a 4 way tie for third, TFC will leapfrog the revs, or NYC will be only 1 pt back and positioned to leapfrog the revs next weekend.

Another poor result at home vs NYC next weekend. which my gut tells me will happen and the revs will sink further into the abyss. They are showing their true colors and conceding any early advantage they once had.

16. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the start of the game the comment was made that the Red Bulls had 3 defenders called away for the Gold Cup and we scored 1 goal. I would say pathetic, but I don't think we have reaches that high of a level yet!

17. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JoGo is now suspended for JoGo Bobblehead Night. Only in Foxboro.... :rolleyes:

In other news, Revs have signed Shalrie Joseph to fill in at CB.... (kidding, because what else can you do when things are this bad?)

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  18. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Revs are below the red line (7th) in PPG, and 15th in the league. NYC could drop us to 8th by beating TFC today. The 9th and 10th place teams in PPG (PHI and CHI) both won yesterday.

19. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Ruthless" New York Red Bulls score early and often vs. Revolution: "We dominated in every department"
    July 11, 2015
    Eric Giacometti
    MLSsoccer.com

20. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JoGo is a bobblehead and he's starting to hurt more than help the effort. Wish we had an option in the middle for him

21. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    I recorded the game so I could take my daughter out for her birthday dinner. Even so, my phone ble-de-deeped with every event in the game, so I knew before my appetizer arrived that we were getting bitch-slapped. I was looking forward to watching the game as much as going for my next rectal exam.

There's plenty of blame to go around. JoGo is a poor communicator, Agudelo doesn't defend, Dorman should not be starting ever, Bobby might have come for that first ball, bla bla bla.

The thing is, that's all small stuff. The big picture is the Grant Wahl problem. The club has no ambition. We should be trying to add a JJ level player every year, and a couple of Ceballoses (Ceballos's?) before the season starts. Sad to say, but it's too late now. This season is over.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  22. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Looking ahead -- next season's problems are helped into existence by JJ's return this season. Here's one reason why --

His return later this season may well (I would say likely) push the rest of the them hard enough to the point where they creep into the playoffs, ensuring another season of complacency by ownership and FO.

On another matter -- at times it appears that the other players feel accountable only to JJ - not to themselves, not to other players, not to Heaps, and certainly not to Burns nor to JK/BK.

When the fear of JJ wears off, either because players stop caring, or because JJ checks out as he nears the end of his stay and looks for a team that invests more heavily in blue chip players -- well, I for one am not looking forward to that.

23. orangebook

orangebook Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Boston-ish
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Perhaps the best thing that can happen to the team is to implode now in order to do some real rebuilding next season...

24. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's making the assumption that someone high up will care enough to make that happen.

But they just don't care enough. As we continue to lose, our coach continues putting out the same squad, and nothing changes.

Still so glad we blew off the USOC for this.

25. orangebook

orangebook Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Boston-ish
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Just as I was settling down after all the Twitter comments, I watched Heaps' post-game interview and got all riled up again. In a nutshell, he said : 'we were good for the first four minutes'. Really?!? we need a full 90' !!